Pictures of old American Cabovers and other junk

nianiamh:
Came across this the other week, got talking to the bloke, he`d only had it a few months gave $57,000 for it, which it came with over $140,000 in receipts for the work carried out on it, inside & out were as brand new, think he said it was a 1987 with a 440 ■■■■■■■ in it, this is not the original one from the tv show although that is out there somewhere fully restored, this one is a working motor.
The last pic is off the owner before he took it to a show a few weeks before :sunglasses:

This was built up by John Mc Michael of Surrey BC… I saw it before he sold it and it was MINT… he put it on ebay and would appear to have lost a significant sum as you are correct in that the receipts were as stated.

It is actually a K100E with modified headlights to look like a K100C, which is the BJ model… one of the two actual Aerodynes from the TV show still exists and was restored in recent years, Speed TV ran a show about it.

John had a second K100E, an 89, which I nearly bought… but too much corrosion so I passed… and bought a Mack V8 Ultraliner for restoration as plastic doesn’t rust. :slight_smile:

YVR Brit

ChrisArbon:
This is the one parked at Ponca City in OKlahoma. Different truck.

I spotted this once at that chrome shop in Tonkawa as I passed but never had my camera, got Tom Jones to call the next day for pics, but had gone as it was only there for a weekend show, the blokes in the shop had said it was the one from the tv show and the chap who owns it also owns the motor from the movin on show as well.

YVR Brit:
This was built up by John Mc Michael of Surrey BC… I saw it before he sold it and it was MINT… he put it on ebay and would appear to have lost a significant sum as you are correct in that the receipts were as stated.

It is actually a K100E with modified headlights to look like a K100C, which is the BJ model… one of the two actual Aerodynes from the TV show still exists and was restored in recent years, Speed TV ran a show about it.

John had a second K100E, an 89, which I nearly bought… but too much corrosion so I passed… and bought a Mack V8 Ultraliner for restoration as plastic doesn’t rust. :slight_smile:

YVR Brit

Thanks for filling in a bit of info on the truck, Id say the bloke got himself a real bargain with that, I couldnt get over just how tidy it was :sunglasses:

newmercman:
And here he is again, acting like a little kid :laughing:

There`s not chance that chain is going to hold you Lard Arse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least I can still climb up into a Cabover :laughing: :laughing:

How’s your ankle :question: I heard it had collapsed under the strain of holding you up :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Here’s a few I got at the Working Chrome Truckshow in winnipeg last weekend

I know this isn’t a cabover, but just look at it…stunning and it goes to work every day :sunglasses:

I take it there’s no speed bumps round your way :smiley:

newmercman:
Now then Mr Arbon, I’m going to have to question the junk part of the title, the Freightliners yes, but not the beautiful old Internationals and no way the 362 Petes, that one with the spreadaxle grain bucket is almost ■■■■ :laughing:

Well i think you are wrong here newmercmen,almost ■■■■? That IS ■■■■:-)

Reg Danne

The Americans where certainly way ahead of the pack looking at that 1961 Kenworth, what would Your average long distance driver in europe be driving? When did it end as it would’nt look out of place on the road nowadays?

fly sheet:
The Americans where certainly way ahead of the pack looking at that 1961 Kenworth, what would Your average long distance driver in europe be driving? When did it end as it would’nt look out of place on the road nowadays?

Oh dear, US iron, it has always, (since I worked there), been my weakness), my dear wife cannot understand it!! And she has suffered many long miles in the UK, in old iron that has pounded the Interstates, but I still love that “real feel” to the driving!!! Cheerio for now.

Saviem:

fly sheet:

Oh dear, US iron, it has always, (since I worked there), been my weakness), my dear wife cannot understand it!! And she has suffered many long miles in the UK, in old iron that has pounded the Interstates, but I still love that “real feel” to the driving!!! Cheerio for now.

I cant understand Her not appreciating the glorious ride, whats wrong with Her? lol

Women, driver, a strange breed that lot :open_mouth:

How’s your head :question: still thinking of joining the Navy for a free tot every day :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

How’s your head :question: still thinking of joining the Navy for a free tot every day :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Loving the I shift & no more navy rum, I spoke wi Oleary today ex merchant man, he told me my numpty ways ought to be over by now, good craic was had I need to mtfu !!!

Stick to the beer driver, I woke up fresh as a daisy and that was a pretty decent cancel by the end of the night :sunglasses:

fly sheet:

Saviem:

fly sheet:

I cant understand Her not appreciating the glorious ride, whats wrong with Her? lol

Evening all, fly sheet, she is a lawyer!!! And over 43years she has been subjected to riding in everything from a Micky Mouse Foden, through just about every lorry available, including, but not exclusive to, Atkinsons, Mercs, Scanias, Volvos, Scammells, Internationals, Petes, KWs, Macks, plus lots of “garlic burners”.

Only yesterday as we pounded the acres courtesy of Herr Classe`s wonderful tracked combine, (our Teutonic friends" peacetime Panzer Wagon), she posed the question," can we have a nice car soon"■■? Women, I really do not understand them at all!! Im away the Bollinger is getting warm, Cheerio for now.

fly sheet:

newmercman:

Loving the I shift & no more navy rum, I spoke wi Oleary today ex merchant man, he told me my numpty ways ought to be over by now, good craic was had I need to mtfu !!!

Never mind John you still managed to out drink Lewis mind you he is only about 14. I’ve posted his passport picture on Facebook it’s most disturbing. :smiley:

Cabovers from the last fortnight.

Sounds like you know how to treat a lady Saviem a ride on your combine & a glass of fizz!

Whats with these lot and there wheelbases Chris?

Those cabovers are probably not much longer than your pointy nosed Volvo Coop, 250" wheelbase would be my guess, they do look pretty smart, but the aerodynamics are shot to bits :open_mouth: Probably a bit noisy sat on top of the engine too :cry:

newmercman:
Those cabovers are probably not much longer than your pointy nosed Volvo Coop, 250" wheelbase would be my guess, they do look pretty smart, but the aerodynamics are shot to bits :open_mouth: Probably a bit noisy sat on top of the engine too :cry:

:confused:
Cab overs,especially at those silly types of length,would make more sense in drawbar configuration but for artics there’s nothing wrong with the good old fashioned conventional idea where the advantages obviously still seem to outweigh the disadvantages at least across the Atlantic. :bulb: :wink:

Carryfast:
there’s nothing wrong with the good old fashioned conventional idea where the advantages obviously still seem to outweigh the disadvantages at least across the Atlantic. :bulb: :wink:

For once you are right cf. Every boat I have ever seen in Liverpool Docks has had a substantial bonnet in front of the cab.