Photographers

Shameless plug lorry-driver.com/2021/03/ber … b.html?m=1

Links linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom

I dont like my picture being taken in public without my permission.
Sure if they wanna take a picture of the truck thats fine, I guess.
Then again, most of my career has been spent driving old pieces of crap like that Tuffnells lorry I linked below or Supermarket crap.

I’m not against it though, I know they have every right to do it. I also wouldnt waste the time phoning in about it.

It’s part of the world we live in now anyway, Everyone has their camera/phone out all for the time for everything.

This is what we are up against, some religious freakery.

Many high-ranking members of India’s Islamic community have come out in support of the fatwa, agreeing that photography should not be allowed, and that anybody who practices a career involving it will be “answerable to God.”

“Photography is un-Islamic,” Vice Chancellor of Darul Uloom, Mufti Abdul Qasim Nomani, told the Times. “Muslims are not allowed to get their photos clicked unless it is for an identity card or for making a passport.”

When asked about the fact that Saudi Arabia allows photography in the holiest of Islamic cities, Mecca, going so far as to beam live coverage through the year, Nomani stuck to his guns saying, “Let them do it. We do not allow it. Not everything they do is correct.”

“Just because they are richer than us doesn’t mean they are also correct,” added All India Muslim Law Personal Board member Mufti Abul Irfan Qadri Razzaqi. “If they are allowing photography they will be answerable on the Day of Judgement in the court of God.”

Very foresighted of The Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, to allow photographs for certain ID documents.

what’s this about the poll ended 2.08 pm this was going to be my claim to fame, pictured on the M4, and met you at the RHA in Bristol and proclaimed your fame, well here’s the picture anyway,

hotel magnum:
what’s this about the poll ended 2.08 pm this was going to be my claim to fame, pictured on the M4, and met you at the RHA in Bristol and proclaimed your fame, well here’s the picture anyway,

Good to meet you!

1F644FEE-E12B-4728-839D-DB14BFF61E69.jpeg
Someone got me from behind :open_mouth:

adam277:
I dont like my picture being taken in public without my permission.
Sure if they wanna take a picture of the truck thats fine, I guess.
Then again, most of my career has been spent driving old pieces of crap like that Tuffnells lorry I linked below or Supermarket crap.

I’m not against it though, I know they have every right to do it. I also wouldnt waste the time phoning in about it.

It’s part of the world we live in now anyway, Everyone has their camera/phone out all for the time for everything.

I saw a brand new Tuffnells daf cf yesterday in a new white colour scheme ,now that tuffnells green livery is instantly recognisable but could even that soon to be confined to history ?

What’s happened to Tuffnells anyway? Years ago doing nights the motorways would be filled with hundreds of them but I’m lucky to see 1 a week now. I was actually surprised to see it and thought they must have packed up as I hadn’t seen one for years!

Punchy Dan:

Love the fact you have the bike, often take mine on a night away, if I know I’m going somewhere worth riding!

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

spacemanZ10:

Punchy Dan:

Love the fact you have the bike, often take mine on a night away, if I know I’m going somewhere worth riding!

Yes did top side of 10 mile last week one night on Clydebank through to Dumbarton then last night on the canal from Carnforth ,it’s better than sitting in the cab in the current situation :wink:

Definitely, always have a walk or a run, it’s good to get out.

Punchy Dan:

At least they got your best side Dan! :laughing: It never bothered me, although I have never seen any pics of me online which is good news for everyone. However back in the eighties when we took our truck home I had had a crap morning so decided to go home instead of going back for another load, it all fell apart when next day I was asked why I hadn’t come back: “I got held up on site until late so went straight home” I lied. ‘Then why was your truck on the BBC lunchtime news on the A6 going through Duffield then?’ ■■■■, I hadn’t spotted the film crew at the roadside doing a news feature on traffic. :blush:

Pete.

There are pics of one of my old VOS Scanias, and my Brit European MAN on Flickr site, (that I nicked and put on my T.Net gallery page) and I’ve trawled through for older stuff, but can’t find anything.

Would love to see pics of some of the older stuff I had, some of those truck pic sites go way back, I’ve obviously googled reg.s and names, but to no avail.

Somebody mentioned Dean’s thread on the Old Time forum, if you haven’t seen it, and assuming you’re interested, check it out, some of those 80s pics look like they were taken yesterday, good memories.

Punchy Dan:

Probably Cliff Richard’s Devil woman… :smiling_imp:

People video me as well.

twitter.com/cobaltimaging/statu … 95142?s=20

Punchy Dan:

I hope that bike doesn’t belong to that bird who used to frequent Northampton cattle market Dan :smiley: :smiley:

mrginge:
People video me as well.

twitter.com/cobaltimaging/statu … 95142?s=20

Just watched it for 5 minutes you’ve had 25 shunts :open_mouth:

largebloke1969:

Punchy Dan:

I hope that bike doesn’t belong to that bird who used to frequent Northampton cattle market Dan :smiley: :smiley:

:wink: :laughing:

Regarding pics, I doubt anyone wants a pic of my usual one as its battered and usually mucky (won’t give us a jet wash). But they are free to try.

Am surprised the office bothered unless they are the blue eyed type, but they usually revel in the publicity. Would have sent them back a pic of a middle finger pointing upwards.

DCPCFML:
What’s happened to Tuffnells anyway?

They still exist and 95% of their night W&D drivers are operating with a single brain cell between them. Only reason they get photographed is being reported for traffic offences.