Being photographed

Did anybody see the Sun last week. apparently it has become a national sport to photograph truckers reading maps, drinking coffee, adjusting sat navs or scratching your arse at the wheel, even if some were STATIONARY! :unamused:
That is why my curtains are pulled half way across my window to stop these ■■■■■■■■ as well as the Police tractor units photographing me… and not to portray the mysterious trucker image :bulb:
If I look a prat so be it, at least I won’t make the national press :sunglasses:

Winds me up when things like this happen, you can almost guarantee they all do exactly the same the second they jump in their cars. Hypocrites.

Only one thing for it - WORK TO RULE!!!

What’s that the everyone go on a week long strike at the same time pops did I say strike I meant holiday

work to rule
phrase of work
BRITISH
follow official working rules and hours exactly in order to reduce output and efficiency, especially as a form of industrial action.

So very many rules and regulations - just follow `em to the letter & watch the supply chain rapidly disintegrate! :wink:

In the old days lorry drivers couldn’t stick together very long on strike, i very much doubt today’s truckers as they call them, could stick together if they fell into a vat of superglue
from what i see on her they’re falling out on most threads after 5 minuets. i do take some photos but don’t publish the naughty one Cheers

Some people just like to take photos of trucks for some reason not just if the driver is doing something he’s not supposed to. Had it last month coming back up from Oklahoma with a big cooler on.

taffytrucker:
Some people just like to take photos of trucks for some reason not just if the driver is doing something he’s not supposed to.

Aint got a problem with that, those guys are only doing their hobby, where as the Sun was pandering to the anti truck brigade that think we are all uneducated at the least and psychopaths behind the wheel at the worst.
As I said you could tell by the surroundings that some of them (ok not all) were actually stopped. What is wrong with having a coffee, or a quick look at your map with your handbrake on in a snarl up traffic jam? The problem is people believe this ■■■■, and also the Sun wants to ask themselves how many drivers make up their daily readers/customers.

The irony of that, the Sun (spit) taking the moral ground about bad driving, what about bad journalism? They can only go up from the bottom :imp:

Usual ‘Sun’ shenanigans, but I must admit I often pour myself a brew / have tug on my vape ciggy / or even have a tug, on long journeys…
The trick is to use ones mirrors and do it when you believe the chances of being caught on camera are minimal.

Dave I am sure you where normal once :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think part of the problem over there is that the general public need education as to what the job entails because they haven’t got a clue. Must admit though I get some strange looks flying along TCH 1 at 115kph over taking cars at 12ft wide on the way home lol. The public over here look on the truck driver with slightly different view and actually get a bit of respect and treated better.

Your right about the sun ,no one buys it on merseyside after they accused scousers of robbing the bodies of those who died at Hillsboro it took them 20 years to admit they lied there motto is don’t let a lie stand in the way of a good story the paper is just full of z list so called (and I hate the word) celebrities more like a bunch of tosses

I gave up on the papers years ago. If I want to know whats going on - REALLY going on - Its RT or Al Jazeera news channels.
Papers just seem to be padded out with propaganda and mind numbing drivel these days.

taffytrucker:
I think part of the problem over there is that the general public need education as to what the job entails because they haven’t got a clue. Must admit though I get some strange looks flying along TCH 1 at 115kph over taking cars at 12ft wide on the way home lol. The public over here look on the truck driver with slightly different view and actually get a bit of respect and treated better.

I think its too late for that now. The UK as a whole has descended in to a namby pamby society where every one is obsessed with rules, regulations, grassing in the next person and making sure everyone is wrapped up in high vis cotton wool for their own good. Its just not possible to be left alone to get on with the job there these days and mores the pity as it would otherwise be a ■■■■ good country to live and work in.

What’s hi viz :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coca cola kid:
In the old days lorry drivers couldn’t stick together very long on strike, i very much doubt today’s truckers as they call them, could stick together if they fell into a vat of superglue
from what i see on her they’re falling out on most threads after 5 minuets. i do take some photos but don’t publish the naughty one Cheers

The reason drivers don’t stick together on strikes is that as soon as a major driver’s strike started - agencies would be offered over £20ph to supply drivers prepared to cross picket lines. Now, Tory voters would cross picket lines without even a bonus payment involved, because they hate anything to do with unions and the Labour movement. These are therefore the most likely candidates to brave all the “scabbing”, followed by flogging their house for a nice profit, and emmigrating to New Zealand or Canada in the aftermath that would see them becoming Persona-non-grata in their regular workplace… :bulb:

Effective strike action is already deemed “illegal”. I remember years ago when I suggested parking an artic combination across the front gate whilst on picket duty - I was told by the Union Rep that “I couldn’t do that”… Why TF not? - Because it’s illegal - like unions basically are in all but name following Thatcher’s defeat of the Miners.

Union leaders in other countries who go on to something a lot higher in society often find themselves doing some porridge on the way up…
When was the last time in this country we heard of a Union leader getting jailed for organising an effective strike that basically sabotaged (without damage or injury to persons or property of any side) an entire yard’s operations?

Too many reps hold their manhoods cheap - and it’s nothing new.

Even “Sabotage” itself refers to slinging your shoes into the works of the factory machine - so it breaks down, and production ceases - surely the first and only reason to strike picket in the first place?! :unamused:

some of the posts on here are unbelievable, funny how a trucker was nabbed for watching a dvd whilst driving, and yet most post on here seem to take the view that too many people are taking photos of illegal driving, some accuse others of being a snitch/grass, and yet its the same crowd who post about how the public portray us, the same posters who moan when their companies use the phone to contact them whilst driving, and the same posters who complain about an accident that happened and caused them considerable delay, and possibly caused by a lack of concentration, and possibly due to the driver :

1. reading a map
  2. reading a sat nav
    3.reading his notes
  3. eating,
    5.phoning
  4. texting
    or many other issues, i am not a goody 2 shoes by any means, and have done all of the above in the past + more but there comes a time ( for me anyway ) when i say i will not answer the phone whilst driving, as its never far from a parking area, and most companies use technology to see where you are in the first place, and the driver caught watching the dvd, and i have see a quite a few, i hope they fine them a huge amount that they lose their job, and hopefully in the future, their livelyhood, they have no right to be called professional.

[just getting a list going feel free to add to it]

1. reading a map
  2. reading a sat nav
    3.reading his notes
  3. eating,
    5.phoning
  4. Texting
  5. Drink Tea
  6. Pour Tea / Hot beverage
  7. Quick J Arthur
  8. Daydream
  9. Sleep
  10. Brush Teeth
  11. Smoke / Vape
  12. Tune in Radio
  13. Scratch Balls / adjust ■■■■■ (not to be confused with 9 as this is more for comfort than pleasure, but can lead to 9)

Me ive probably done 1. (until sat navs arrived) also 2. as it helps me locate my destination, 3. (only when stationary), 4. yep and still do, 5. (never unless hands free and even then I’m reluctant to answer as its distracting), 6. (never /ever and can’t believe any professional would do this), 7. (religiously), 8. (on a regular basis, helps accomplish 7), 9. (no comment), 10. (yep it happens), 11. (nope never, touch wood, which brings me back to 9), 12. (maybe once when on a promise), 13. (constantly), 14. (yep), 15. (regularly but more of a hobby this one).

I have also done 7, 10, 13, 14 virtually at the same time…Anyone for a stoning

It would appear reading through the above posts that a fair number appear to condone a lot of the bad practices listed but if a thread appears telling of an accident where for example a wagon crashes into a vehicle on the hard shoulder the trucknet jury is soon working out what went wrong. Surely if all these bad practices are so common its little wonder there are so many accidents. Eddie.