Phones

I have a laptop…and no personal mobile phone yup that’s right just a house phone…when im at work bossman gives me a phone for work /breakdowns etc,load details/start times…but from xmas shutdown to easter ish restart no phone . don’t think im missing much apart from the chance of a 3day loss o licence for first then instant 7 day loss from then on(instant on the spot for using phone in driving seat) and a $672 and 5 demerits in Manitoba

Having a mobile has saved me time and considerable amounts of money several times.
They have also helped to save lives a couple of times by getting the emergency services to incidents at remote places when time has been pretty critical.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

commonrail:

switchlogic:
No. Mobile phones and particularly smartphones have improved considerably

I’d agree with that.
Google maps is a boon.
Trackers and all the rest of it…have no baring on my life.

Google maps is a god send for scouting out new drops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Phones have been the biggest hit to productivity in this country,
before I Phones at a delivery we would follow goods in bloke
around with paperwork in our hands, now drivers go sit in the
cab ■■■■ about on facebook, google e-bay and anything else but
do some work while the goods in bloke walks about on hi phone

albion:

att:
That is why I am leaving the country, I have a gaff in Portugal, in the mountains, away from everything, including phone signals, the country is not embracing tech as this one, as the people are poor and cannot afford it, so things will be simple and will not change…Just the way I want it.
I want to die outside, on the mountain when my time comes with no beeps, monitors etc.
I am not designed for this modern life, my business has been internet based for nearly 20 year now and it has got to the point that customers can no longer input their own address properly, as it is all done for them! I don`t want to be a part of it any longer.

I thought Lincolnshire was the place for me, but they are now embracing all this tech…Me no like.

I think I’ve found the long lost twin I didn’t know I had…

:laughing: Actually very funny…I am originally from Cadishead, now classed as Salford! :laughing:

Well att, I only work in Salford. Yorkshire lass by birth.

att:

jakethesnake:

att:
Work of the devil…My wife will not have one, nor will she use a computer, once I am out of here, I shall have neither.

Think carefully att, mobiles may be a pain when you are lorry driving , but not having a phone or especially a computer will seriously cause you problems in the future.
Almost everything will be done online and those that do not have a computer will be the losers. Not something I agree with but that’s the way it is going.

That is why I am leaving the country, I have a gaff in Portugal, in the mountains, away from everything, including phone signals, the country is not embracing tech as this one, as the people are poor and cannot afford it, so things will be simple and will not change…Just the way I want it.
I want to die outside, on the mountain when my time comes with no beeps, monitors etc.

I am not designed for this modern life, my business has been internet based for nearly 20 year now and it has got to the point that customers can no longer input their own address properly, as it is all done for them! I don`t want to be a part of it any longer.

I thought Lincolnshire was the place for me, but they are now embracing all this tech…Me no like.

Fair enough and I completely understand your reasoning. I worked in Portugal for one summer many years ago and spent a lot of time up in the mountains eating at little portuguese resturants.
We could not speak their language and the could not speak English but we still communicated and had a ball. Bliss. :smiley:

This is the is only social media I have and I haven’t passed my Class 2 test yet. I’ll see how it goes tomorrow when I take it. I certainly find this platform very useful but I will not be signing up to Facebook or Twitter or whatever other bobbins is out there (each to their own of course. I’m do not judge).

albion:

att:

I think I’ve found the long lost twin I didn’t know I had…

Att?

God help you. :smiley:

danbabirecki:
This is the is only social media I have and I haven’t passed my Class 2 test yet. I’ll see how it goes tomorrow when I take it. I certainly find this platform very useful but I will not be signing up to Facebook or Twitter or whatever other bobbins is out there (each to their own of course. I’m do not judge).

Facebook and Twitter can be every bit as useful as this forum, more so in many ways. Social media is what you make it, it’s up to you how you use it and what you get from it