Mobile Phones.

I hate them.

Ok, to expand a bit…

I currently work for Tesco so I am no stranger to sitting in a waiting room for a few hours.
You look around that waiting room and you just see literally everyone glued to the phones.
You look over to the desk and most of the mangers are glued to their phones.
I also go to college part time and literally everyone is glued to their phones.

I am as well. I am going to try and stop it but it is addictive. Annoyingly I need for phone for sat nav and for work calls and other stuff so I can’t get rid of it.

/Rant over.

To expand on this more I think this pandemic has seriously hampered the attention span of the nation. Has anyone else noticed their attention span decrease as a result of the use of mobile phones? Opening multiple tabs flicking from one story to the other etc etc. I don’t think it is healthy.

I found that getting rid of Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc etc has improved my experience massively. I honestly dont miss it and I feel much better not knowing everything about everyone all of the time.

As for work calls, that’s what my work phone is for. That gets switched off as soon as my card is out and stays off until my card goes in the next day.

toonsy:
I found that getting rid of Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc etc has improved my experience massively. I honestly dont miss it and I feel much better not knowing everything about everyone all of the time.

Does that mean trucknet as well? :laughing:

The thing I find weird is how dependant people aged 30-40 are on their smartphones. Realistically this is the last generation who lived without smartphones, but nowadays they can’t live without one.
Apps to control your heating or lights, CCTV cameras, banking, even the latest BMW’s unlocks with an app!
My phone lives in my pocket, very rarely comes out. I have a few apps on there, but nothing that is going to keep me on there for long periods of time. Only news and sports sites, a basic satnav, music and a few select others.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

images.jpeg-22.jpg

CookieMonster:
The thing I find weird is how dependant people aged 30-40 are on their smartphones. Realistically this is the last generation who lived without smartphones, but nowadays they can’t live without one.
Apps to control your heating or lights, CCTV cameras, banking, even the latest BMW’s unlocks with an app!
My phone lives in my pocket, very rarely comes out. I have a few apps on there, but nothing that is going to keep me on there for long periods of time. Only news and sports sites, a basic satnav, music and a few select others.

Some Mercedes cars can be shunted in and out of parking bays with the Mercedes Me app. NO driver required.

Tyneside

I’ve chosen never to have a smartphone, precisiely for the reasons you give. I hate the very idea of them.

elsa Lad:

toonsy:

Does that mean trucknet as well? :laughing:

I’ve thought about it but then I rationalise it by thinking of it as a website - I can choose to come on here or not and it’s not constantly sending me alerts of this or that.

I just wish I could understand them. I press a button, phone goes wierd and off I go to O2 to get a geek to sort it out-very good they are too.

Agreed.

Conversation is dead nowadays.

It really is no wonder why the world’s the way it is.

Picture above sums it up nicely, the dead burying the dead.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

worst thing invented costing this country billions in lost production / productivity
like op said everyone got their face stuck in one

adam277:
I hate them.

Ok, to expand a bit…

I currently work for Tesco so I am no stranger to sitting in a waiting room for a few hours.
You look around that waiting room and you just see literally everyone glued to the phones.
You look over to the desk and most of the mangers are glued to their phones.
I also go to college part time and literally everyone is glued to their phones.

I am as well. I am going to try and stop it but it is addictive. Annoyingly I need for phone for sat nav and for work calls and other stuff so I can’t get rid of it.

/Rant over.

To expand on this more I think this pandemic has seriously hampered the attention span of the nation. Has anyone else noticed their attention span decrease as a result of the use of mobile phones? Opening multiple tabs flicking from one story to the other etc etc. I don’t think it is healthy.

I find it hard to spend more than 20 mins/day on my phone and that’s if I have literally nothing else to do. Plenty of time to read the headlines and the more click-baity articles (which usually come with the image of an attractive woman who has nothing to do with the article). I don’t use FB/Twitter etc. social media which is where the phone addicts spend most/all of their time. I’m a gamer at heart but mobile games are so terrible I can’t play any thus it can’t keep me occupied.

The more serious issue is when people try to multitask like walking and browsing their phone at the same time or you know, DRIVING/cycling and texting/browsing

I love them.
Imagine both asdas on magna park AND Lidl,without one.
Don’t do Facebook etc…

Fakebook…

TweetApp and Bozogram are the pages of the devil.

I do take my mobile phone into drivers waiting areas and most of my is spent doing RDC work. I find that breakfast TV with it’s dayglo sofas and tedious camera hogging ‘celeb’ presenters is a turn off. Germy Kyle is possibly as low as TV can get and Match of the day bores me to tears too. I read my Kindle on my mobile and I’ll catch up on Trucknet on my tablet.

One day someone’s gonna say ‘who are you then?’ and I’ll say I’m Dozy.

I, prefer to be on my phone, over listening to some boorish road commander, spouting forth all the usual bull excrement about being parked up on bays for the night, knocking down barriers to get out, missing the balcony because he missed the ferry, all whilst earning £80.000 doing his boss a favour, because he usually drives attics…

Phones in an ironic way are killing conversation .and turning us into zombies.
And I don’t get this thing why everything has be connected.
I bought a Hoover about a month ago. And using it I noticed a Wi-Fi button.
So read instructions and it said connect to your phone it tells you how many miles you have covered tips and better cleaning. And will send you an alert when the see through container is full.
I mean seriously.

And like others I haven’t used Facebook for about 4 years now don’t miss it all.
And if I ever happen to go to a drop and have to sit and wait.
I usually have a selection of take a break./chat magazines with me. And I do the puzzles.
Keeps my brain active

Won £250 of m n s vouchers about a year ago.

CookieMonster:

The younger ones are even worse. One of the guys I play fortnite with is in his early 20’s. He told me it is impossible to live without email, internet access and a mobile phone. He got quite agitated when I pointed out my job needs none of those things and that humanity managed to survive and get stuff done for thousands of years without the internet, email or mobile phones.

Conor:

CookieMonster:

The younger ones are even worse. One of the guys I play fortnite with is in his early 20’s. He told me it is impossible to live without email, internet access and a mobile phone. He got quite agitated when I pointed out my job needs none of those things and that humanity managed to survive and get stuff done for thousands of years without the internet, email or mobile phones.

The younger generation are obviously more reliant on the technology, but they haven’t really lived without it. People aged 30+ grew up without smartphones, instant internet access and all of the other modern wonders, yet seemingly can’t do without them now.

Social media is mostly guff, I use my phone for the half a dozen or so things I’m interested in and ignore the rest.

Fantastic things to have the answer to anything in your pocket. I can use it one day to find out the part number of a tiny thing in an engine and shortly after be finding an obscure address in a village in southern Italy. Wouldn’t want to go back to pre Google recce times. I can watch just about any film or programme imaginable, have the entire worlds worth of music and talk to a mate in New Zealand face to face.

I find my memory isn’t as good, can’t remember phone numbers anymore and other little details that are too easy to just Google than remember.

An unlimited supply of dirty videos is only a good thing too :laughing:

I wouldn’t go anywhere without my phone. But then I’m spending hours and hours sitting around waiting for people to be ready for me, or waiting for things to happen. I’ll listen to music on the road or listen to a book, and it’s far easier to get hold of the various books I like through an app than it is by ordering physical copies. Also, it’s quite useful when I need to capture data or look up some regulations for this or that.