Mobile Phones.

toonsy:
I found that getting rid of Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc etc has improved my experience massively. I honestly dont miss it and I feel much better not knowing everything about everyone all of the time.

As for work calls, that’s what my work phone is for. That gets switched off as soon as my card is out and stays off until my card goes in the next day.

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Conor:

CookieMonster:
The thing I find weird is how dependant people aged 30-40 are on their smartphones. Realistically this is the last generation who lived without smartphones, but nowadays they can’t live without one.

The younger ones are even worse. One of the guys I play fortnite with is in his early 20’s. He told me it is impossible to live without email, internet access and a mobile phone. He got quite agitated when I pointed out my job needs none of those things and that humanity managed to survive and get stuff done for thousands of years without the internet, email or mobile phones.

I remember meeting a bird out one night and getting a LANDLINE number then having to go to an actual PHONE BOX to call it up and get let down :laughing:

toonsy:

Conor:

CookieMonster:
The thing I find weird is how dependant people aged 30-40 are on their smartphones. Realistically this is the last generation who lived without smartphones, but nowadays they can’t live without one.

The younger ones are even worse. One of the guys I play fortnite with is in his early 20’s. He told me it is impossible to live without email, internet access and a mobile phone. He got quite agitated when I pointed out my job needs none of those things and that humanity managed to survive and get stuff done for thousands of years without the internet, email or mobile phones.

I remember meeting a bird out one night and getting a LANDLINE number then having to go to an actual PHONE BOX to call it up and get let down :laughing:

Or some girl ringing your house and your mum answering it and then giving you an interrogation the gestapo would be proud of :smiley: :smiley:

No social media for me, apart from trucknet.
Feel lost without phone though and always reach for it when have a spare few minutes, it’s an unappealing trait.

I can use my phone to turn on the night heater in the truck on the way in to work though, toasty!

Mazzer2:

toonsy:

Conor:

CookieMonster:

Or some girl ringing your house and your mum answering it and then giving you an interrogation the gestapo would be proud of :smiley: :smiley:

Definitely.

That’s why I went to a phone box instead of using the house phone because I couldn’t be doing with the many lines of enquiry :laughing:

Mazzer2:

toonsy:

Conor:

CookieMonster:

They were the days, when you actually knew people’s phone numbers.
I remember going out with my dad on long distance multidrop way before mobiles and he used to have a system where people would call up the customers he was due at and leave messages for him about collections etc, and even though they were rival companies they would all act as his secretary without a thought. Can’t see that happening nowadays

theres lots of reasons i prefer a old nokia to a smartphone though you just go with the flow as they can do so much,but mainly they are 10 times more dangerous for txting while driving .
with the old nokia i could batter away with no mistakes,whereas with the smartphone you have to keep looking down and correcting it.
i dont do social media and despise it as an insult to my intelligence whilst watching all the lemmings glued to it with contempt for being brainwashed and so easily led like sheep.
google satnav and emails is plenty for me.

I got a PAYG phone, where I stripped out the app that allows it to connect to the internet. The battery now lasts for weeks for each charge, and I spend less than a tenner per year running it.
It is for emergency call-outs, and outward calls for MY convenience rather than incoming PPI, and other cold callers to bother me with. It is switched off whilst I’m driving, or if I forget - I simply ignore it. I don’t bother answering voice mail, as I have to pay to access it. I don’t reply text to text for the same reason. The phone hardly ever rings actually, with most of the unsolicited incoming calls - being from the phone provider offering 500 free texts for a regular fee, and similar… Don’t need it though! :grimacing: