Peterborough hauliers

A PHH Merc SK

Here a couple of old Mick George cards.

It would be nice to see a photo of the Foden on them of any of any old Mick George Lorry

Not so much a PETERBOROUGH HAULIER, but there’s a few that will have been hanging off the back of this…

PETERBOROUGH.jpg

Couple more for you here.
The first, I found on the internet somewhere.

PETERBOROUGH (2).jpg

And this one - well, can you guess where the picture was taken?

Nice Foden Alpha from the Deeping Direct Deliveries fleet.

I was just wondering if any of you gents could help me out with a photo of a leyland clydesdale BEW330V,cab was black and red,flat used to work out of brickyards peterborough area.Only asking cos i used to drive this truck for the firm who bought her 2nd hand and i have lost photo,ta,Pete

Found this old advert.

PETERBOROUGH 12.jpg

And as Dow-Mac were mentioned in the previous post, here’s a Dow-Mac ERF.

PETERBOROUGH 4.jpg

A small selection of G.G.Papworth’s fleet.

PETERBOROUGH 19.jpg

PETERBOROUGH 11.jpg

PETERBOROUGH 13.jpg

PETERBOROUGH 23.jpg

Bricks were always big business in the Peterborough area, and here’s yet another haulier involved
who specialized in delivering them.

Another one that i’m guessing was taken at the East of England Show.

PETERBOROUGH 18.jpg

Got to say, I don’t remember this company at all, but it would appear that they were quite big if they’d got
depots in London AND Peterborough.
The truck has a P’boro registration plate, which would lead me to think that Peterborough was the main depot.
Anyone got any further information?

PETERBOROUGH 15.jpg

gb1:
Got to say, I don’t remember this company at all, but it would appear that they were quite big if they’d got
The truck has a P’boro registration plate, which would lead me to think that Peterborough was the main depot.

Mitchells were based in Fengate. Their head office was next to the town bridge and has just been demolished.
The sports field and club house behind the Showcase cinema is still known as Mitchells club. My father worked there for a time in the sixtes. A big firm in its day, I think they went bust.

ranger:

gb1:

Mitchells were based in Fengate. Their head office was next to the town bridge and has just been demolished.
The sports field and club house behind the Showcase cinema is still known as Mitchells club. My father worked there for a time in the sixtes. A big firm in its day, I think they went bust.

I knew of Mitchells Club, but wasn’t aware of it’s history.
Whereabouts on Fengate were they? I worked at BRS in Fengate for a few years, and prior to that, at Reads on Oxney Road.

Good news for Peterborough United FC. They’re being sponsored by local haulier P.C.Howard next season.

Here’s Andrew Howard with players Danny Kearns and Shaun Brisley after signing the deal.

PETERBOROUGH 21.jpg

Not a haulier, but this is from the early days of E.M.Wilcox, before they became ‘big-time’.

PETERBOROUGH 17.jpg

Something a little more up to date.

PETERBOROUGH 14.jpg

It doesn’t get much more ‘up-to-date’ than this.
Apparently, they were delivered yesterday to GCE Hire Fleet at Whittlesey.

I’ve posted a picture of this particular lorry before (page 7), but as it’s a different shot, here it is again.

Following on from a previous post, here’s one of GCE’s new Volvos with its first load.