Peak District.

image.png

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan,love the erf looking nice is it a working one or show truck ,I liked them erf,s Cardiff had loads of them cheers John ,ps not seen you around much you busy or quiet

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan,love the erf looking nice is it a working one or show truck ,I liked them erf,s Cardiff had loads of them cheers John ,ps not seen you around much you busy or quiet

Hi John father sold it on to a dealer as the chassis was cracked and repaired ,the dealer sold it on to this firm in Reading ,I’ve not been your way for a while ,plenty coming back but not much to get down with cheers Dan .

I wonder what became of that NORDE tanker of Longcliffes, scrapped by Mr Geason I suppose? :cry:

Pete.

Does anyone recall a yellow 4 wheeler ERF LV, based at Ryan & Sommerville’s in the late 60s. I think the operator was called Geoff or Ron Puddle, if so what become of him? It was around the time that John Cantrell and Ron Wharton had their Seddon’s there.

A couple of Sammy Longsons on site in Manchester during the 60s

Every possibility that some of these have already been posted in the past but know harm in showing them again to keep this thread going.
(Not my photos by the way) So if anyone owns up to them and wants them removing I will remove them.

Derbyshire Stone 1965 C reg Dodge 6 wheeler.jpg

Derbyshire Stone Albion Reiver F reg.jpg

I think that’s Phil Wilmot in the Sed Ak 400, he still has a truck on Ennstone-Breedon I believe?

Pete.

Ay up PETE not being pedantic its mick wilmot he’s still running 06 plate diamond of doom blue n yellow, it’s been de stickered saw him today heading out of Ashbourne towards fenny Bentley

phop:
Ay up PETE not being pedantic its mick wilmot he’s still running 06 plate diamond of doom blue n yellow, it’s been de stickered saw him today heading out of Ashbourne towards fenny Bentley

Of course it’s Mick, now where did I dream Phil up from eh? :blush: Must be getting close to my bedtime! :laughing:

Pete.

These may have been on before (my apoligies if so)
Photos from transportphotos.com/road/photos

Two great pics Dan. Been some years since the plant was removed from Middleton.

I had to visit Kevin quarry in Staffordshire a few weeks ago, now used as a mixing plant, quarrying ceased there a few years ago apparently

Any Ideas where the name Kevin came from ■■

Sniffy:
I had to visit Kevin quarry in Staffordshire a few weeks ago, now used as a mixing plant, quarrying ceased there a few years ago apparently

Considering I worked for the company that owned it for 25 years, and carted out of there many times, I haven’t a clue! :blush: Back in the sixties, pre Tilling Construction days, the trucks were painted white the same as Ballidon quarry ones but where the name ‘Kevin’ appeared from is odd. The actual address is Ramshorn, Mick (Malmic), are you viewing this and can please enlighten us? :confused:

Pete.

windrush:

Sniffy:

Considering I worked for the company that owned it for 25 years, and carted out of there many times, I haven’t a clue! :blush: Back in the sixties, pre Tilling Construction days, the trucks were painted white the same as Ballidon quarry ones but where the name ‘Kevin’ appeared from is odd. The actual address is Ramshorn, Mick (Malmic), are you viewing this and can please enlighten us? :confused:
I’ve no idea where the name came from Pete .I’d say ask an old timer but I suppose you’ve just done that!
Pete.