Peak District.

If I heard him right the ARC man was using Gritstone for road surfacing .

Punchy Dan:
If I heard him right the ARC man was using Gritstone for road surfacing .

I haven’t listened to it Dan but Gritstone (from the quarries around the Kington area such as Gore) was the material normally used for wearing courses, we used it a lot at Ballidon and we often backloaded it…

Pete.

Caught a brief glimpse (well a blur really! :laughing: ) on the local news this morning of Punchy Dan hurtling through Wirksworth in his Foden. Obviously in a big hurry, reminded me of W.H Phillips lads years ago with the pedal to the metal! :open_mouth:

Pete.

windrush:
Caught a brief glimpse (well a blur really! :laughing: ) on the local news this morning of Punchy Dan hurtling through Wirksworth in his Foden. Obviously in a big hurry, reminded me of W.H Phillips lads years ago with the pedal to the metal! :open_mouth:

Pete.

Can’t see it ,I just saw pensioners getting targeted by robbers posing as pigs :blush:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Can’t see it ,I just saw pensioners getting targeted by robbers posing as pigs :blush:

Blimey Dan, you have far more excitment there than we get in Matlock! :wink:

Pete.

Besides iam a conciderate operator like other Reliable hauliers that once existed in the area :blush: :laughing:

Would cool scar quarry be kilnsey then ?

youtube.com/watch?v=TXSkqtmLxWA

youtube.com/watch?v=T5PrwA3jQOo few old Buxton trucks Rigsby drove.

JAMESWILSON:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5PrwA3jQOo few old Buxton trucks Rigsby drove.

That’s a bit cheeky Jim , I was only 10in1962 . Dad drove a lot of them though . Very enjoyable memories anyway .

Punchy Dan:

Believe it is pal. Will always be known as Kilnsey for me though.

BonkeyDollocks:

Punchy Dan:

Believe it is pal. Will always be known as Kilnsey for me though.

Went up the dales this weekend ,can’t see the problem ,there is loads of room for more quarries , I can see 5 from my house ,Be it some disused though .

Photos of Tunstead ( Not my photos)

The weighbridge area has changed slightly since I last went into Tunstead around 15 years ago, looks like the same building though. I alway sheeted up before weighing off but no doubt that isn’t allowed now.

Pete.

You just flick a switch to sheet up now Pete

malmic:
You just flick a switch to sheet up now Pete

I don’t think that Gough Transport Limited would have run to that expense Mick, Frank might have had palpitations if I had asked for a new piece of rope for the easysheet!! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
The weighbridge area has changed slightly since I last went into Tunstead around 15 years ago, looks like the same building though. I alway sheeted up before weighing off but no doubt that isn’t allowed now.

Pete.

What is this sheeting that you speak of ? :laughing:

The Gravel run is on this week coming ,start at freehay I belive .

Stanfield:

I drove that for a short while when I returned to Hazelcroft June 2000 . It was replaced with a Daf cf 400 for the brick trailer . Dave