PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

240 Gardner:

smallcoal:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
The spoiler maybe a give away us to who operated this Scania ■■

I think that this is the Maritime logo from the pre-John Williams era

John williams has gone back to his old man td williams in Bridgend they running maritime trailers along with Tommy’s on rockwool contract

Blimey, they’re subbing for Maritime?

No maritime and tdw are combined company john left home at 18 and started maritime ,because Tommy took over the rockwool from Raymond’s he needed more trailers that’s why his son came back and they all in Bridgend with his other sons andrew and Robert ,

Kempston:
dave docwra wrote:
“DEANB”

Yes i agree “Kempston” Paul Gee is always telling me that such and such has bought someone out.He keeps up with the
modern goings on where as i dont. Thanks for the info,that incinerator is at Marchwood i think and thanks for the pic. :wink:

The son of Bullies is operating waste recycling companies in the same colours down in Fareham & Farnborough,

Yes that’s the one, we had at least one lorry a day down there, I used to run down quite a few Saturdays, we’d pick up a container of less hazardous waste from the incinerator plant and run that into a landfill site in the New Forest believe it or not! Can’t remember the name of it but we used to come off the M27 at Brook, turn right and it was around twenty minutes from there, tipped that and ran back to the incinerator plant, reloaded with more hazardous stuff and run out to just before the M27. There was a lay-by there with a hole in the hedge where you could squeeze through and go into the large Tesco’s for breakfast. Back home after that, nice earner on a Saturday! :wink:

Hi Kempston,
The landfill you are thinking of is C.S.G, Forest Road Redmile also known as Pound Bottom Landfill, Brian was the lad on the weighbridge. All closed now I think.
Taurus were still running a Foden unit as it had a flat battery on the weighbridge at the landfill, I gave him a tow to jump start it and not even a thank you or kiss my arse off the driver!

Morning Dean,
Platts Animal bedding are from Llay Ind est near Wrexham,

As stated previously, RHP Transport were from Dawley originally and then moved to Stafford Park Telford, a big ERF user at one time but sadly chucked in the towel 3 or 4 years ago now. I think either SRCL or Aviva bus have occupied their yard now.

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Atkinson trucks with Rolls Royce engines in 1968.

The fuel consumption of this trucks looks a good performance to me, especially in the late '60s!

pete smith:

Kempston:
dave docwra wrote:
“DEANB”

Yes i agree “Kempston” Paul Gee is always telling me that such and such has bought someone out.He keeps up with the
modern goings on where as i dont. Thanks for the info,that incinerator is at Marchwood i think and thanks for the pic. :wink:

The son of Bullies is operating waste recycling companies in the same colours down in Fareham & Farnborough,

Yes that’s the one, we had at least one lorry a day down there, I used to run down quite a few Saturdays, we’d pick up a container of less hazardous waste from the incinerator plant and run that into a landfill site in the New Forest believe it or not! Can’t remember the name of it but we used to come off the M27 at Brook, turn right and it was around twenty minutes from there, tipped that and ran back to the incinerator plant, reloaded with more hazardous stuff and run out to just before the M27. There was a lay-by there with a hole in the hedge where you could squeeze through and go into the large Tesco’s for breakfast. Back home after that, nice earner on a Saturday! :wink:

Hi Kempston,
The landfill you are thinking of is C.S.G, Forest Road Redmile also known as Pound Bottom Landfill, Brian was the lad on the weighbridge. All closed now I think.
Taurus were still running a Foden unit as it had a flat battery on the weighbridge at the landfill, I gave him a tow to jump start it and not even a thank you or kiss my arse off the driver!

That’s the one Pete, used to love that run! Nice easy day. We also had another job down that part of the world, it was near Bournemouth airport, it was a waste disposal company, we used to load very large contaminated cables, I was told from decommissioned naval equipment. Always nice to go down that area as me and my wife love Bournemouth and have been going down there for around 38 years! Often go down for a weekend, leave early, book into the hotel and on the beach at Durley chine with a bacon roll and cup of coffee by 9am.

Kempston:

pete smith:

Kempston:
dave docwra wrote:
“DEANB”

Hi Kempston,

That’s the one Pete, used to love that run! Nice easy day. We also had another job down that part of the world, it was near Bournemouth airport, it was a waste disposal company, we used to load very large contaminated cables, I was told from decommissioned naval equipment. Always nice to go down that area as me and my wife love Bournemouth and have been going down there for around 38 years! Often go down for a weekend, leave early, book into the hotel and on the beach at Durley chine with a bacon roll and cup of coffee by 9am.

The only waste companies I can think of on Hurn Airport was SRCL, usually clinical waste and a company with green Merc’s, I have come through Downton to Pound bottom landfill a bit of a squeeze with all the parked cars!

Nearly missed this one Dean!
Cartwrights are from Halesfield in Telford, still operating.

DSCF2206p.JPG

Who knows ought about this K.S.Gill truck ? Buzzer

142556724_2066126523528267_8225683875493771829_n (1).png

pete smith:

Kempston:

pete smith:

Kempston:
dave docwra wrote:
“DEANB”

Hi Kempston,

The only waste companies I can think of on Hurn Airport was SRCL, usually clinical waste and a company with green Merc’s, I have come through Downton to Pound bottom landfill a bit of a squeeze with all the parked cars!

Yes they did do the clinical waste with those high sided double decker rigids for transporting the large wheelie bins from hospitals.

Kempston:

Yes they did do the clinical waste with those high sided double decker rigids for transporting the large wheelie bins from hospitals.

Got to be somewhere this morning so will answer the posts from yesterday/today later. :wink:

Cullimore’s Foden mixer. Nice to see a good colour scheme.

Young’s Transport Mercedes.

Arla ERF.

Someone was asking about trucks of M.S.Ellis ■■

DHL Iveco.

Kings Volvo from Bristol i think. Normally seen on heavy / abnormal loads.

Mortimer’s Volvo. Are they still going does anyone know ■■

Oasis Scania tipper.

Anyone recognise the Foden timber haulier ■■ Photo was taken in Shropshire or Wales i would imagine.

Anyone know where the Harrisons Scania is from ■■

Paul C Gee:

Kempston:

They’re the ones Paul.

Kempston:

Paul C Gee:

Kempston:

They’re the ones Paul.

Thanks Kempstone

They used to run a few drawbars - would not fancy that height in the wind!!!

Paul C Gee:

Kempston:

Paul C Gee:

Kempston:

They’re the ones Paul.

Thanks Kempstone

They used to run a few drawbars - would not fancy that height in the wind!!!

They are ok Paul, I’ve done a few shifts on those out of their Four Ashes depot from memory they hold 72 x 770 litre wheelie bins!

Hi Dean Mortimers dont trade under that name any more for reasons I know not but they are still going but under the name of Broughton Transport Solutions with a sizeable fleet.
Now here is a question for you, while listening to the ITV news it reported it was 35 years ago that the Newbury bypass was started/completed and all the trouble they had with tree huggers actually living in the tree’s trying to stop construction. It was a vast improvement as one can remember coming down the A34 and thinking you had cracked it but you had to go through the town back then which could lose you 3/4 of an hour making it tight for time when going for a ferry or just trying to get home and I am sure many on here can remember the delays at Newbury, just wondered if you have any info/pictures of the construction of the bypass, cheers Buzzer.

DSCF6198p.JPG

Kempston:
dave docwra wrote:

Thanks for your comments Kempston. :wink:

Apparently Zebra waste had a tie up with Taurus waste.

jshepguis:
Still a cracking thread Dean the RHP Volvo does say on the curtainsider RHP Telford Limited so guessing Telford?

Cheers for the info chap. :wink:

Suedehead:
“DEANB” Wish the road’s were still this quiet,and no speed camera’s.

Paul went on a bit of a trip back in the 1970’s on his push bike to Wilmslow ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Thats a bit of a mission on a bike.

Anyway who can remember where this building was as its sadly been knocked down now ■■

The Wiltshire farmers silos used to be in Melksham. Do i get a bonus point for spotting the Bulwark Seddon ? :slight_smile:
Great pics as always Dean

:laughing: :laughing: Bonus point “Suedehead” :open_mouth: :unamused: Spot on with Melksham,shame its gone chap. :smiley: :wink:

windrush:
Yes Dean, I knew the Mooney twins. We ony had a small concrete plant with normally just one truck at Ballidon quarry but when Carsington Water was under construction it was flat out and mixers came in from the Potteries and Buxton to assist so that pair were regulars for a while. We also delivered limestone chippings to the Potteries plants at Tunstall and Fenton and occasionally Crewe (although Roland Young’s from Wales normally did that run) so encountered them there. One passed away a while ago, maybe both have by now?

One day I was sent to our tar plant for 20 tonnes of 40mm base course tarmac for Fenton plant, I assumed they were doing some work on the parking area so never queried it. When I got there the yardman told me to reverse up to the elevator hopper: “I’ve tarmac on you realise?” I said to him. He laughed ‘yes of course you have lad’ and I said “Yes, I really have!” :unamused: . He went to undo the taildoor and I told him to feel the body: “Blimey, it’s hot!!!” :open_mouth: Upshot was that somebody had cocked the order up, it should have been 40 tonne of 20mm chippings. I eventually tipped it at a farm near Waterhouses where the farmer was a mate of the quarry manager at our Kevin quarry. :laughing:

Pete.

Thanks for your little story Pete,sounds to me like you had a nice little earner there chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Those brothers would be 89 as that was a 1977 clip.

Kempston:
“DEANB”

Anyone know where the RHP Transport Volvo is from ■■

They’re from Telford Dean.

Thanks Kempston. :wink:

Kempston:
“DEANB” Wish the road’s were still this quiet,and no speed camera’s.

Great photos of the motorways back in the day, god do I wish it was like that nowadays. Used to love driving back then when you could actually stop for a break when you wanted to as opposed busting your arse to get to xxxx before the traffic builds up and thinking it’ll take me 3 hours to get to xxxx as opposed to know idea how long it will take now. So glad I was able to work in that era and enjoy it but also glad I’m retired from it now. I have health problems now and have to make hospital appointments at Papworth and Addenbrooks in Cambridge, just over 30 miles from my house, sometimes takes me 2 hours! How can anyone enjoy stop start from Eaton Socon all the way to Cambridge? I used to be able to get to Ipswich from Bedford in 2 hours!

I agree chap,bloody nightmare driving now compared to what it used to be like. :wink:

vwvanman0:
The red Scania rigid with the high body is Platts and they do sawdust.

Great pics as ever Dean.

Steve

I wondered what that body was for Steve. There is a company in Poole that has artics come in and load sawdust but
they are are not curtainsiders like that one. I imagine the sawdust must go into some containers on board,otherwise
surely it would be leaking out the sides. :unamused: :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,the cleanaway you thought is keyway a big plant operator

Thanks for the name and pics John,good stuff chap ! :smiley: :wink:

Heres a few Paul has sent me overnight.

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Thanks Chris. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“Suedehead”

The Scania in the Cotswolds is going through Moreton in Marsh, cant make the name out on the trailer though, could be Granada ?

Yes, that’s the ‘Curfew Tower’ on the left, one of the oldest buildings in town, and within walking distance of my humble abode

Bet you live in a mansion Chris. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Bowker Volvo.

The dreaded white cab is now disappearing gradually from the Bowker fleet, after almost 40 years:

Good job they are going back to the blue colour scheme. Thanks for the pic,so much nicer Chris. :smiley:

smallcoal:
“240 Gardner” “DEANB”

John williams has gone back to his old man td williams in Bridgend they running maritime trailers along with Tommy’s on rockwool contract

Thanks for your comments John. :wink:

pete smith:
“Kempston”

Yes that’s the one, we had at least one lorry a day down there, I used to run down quite a few Saturdays, we’d pick up a container of less hazardous waste from the incinerator plant and run that into a landfill site in the New Forest believe it or not! Can’t remember the name of it but we used to come off the M27 at Brook, turn right and it was around twenty minutes from there, tipped that and ran back to the incinerator plant, reloaded with more hazardous stuff and run out to just before the M27.

Hi Kempston,

:open_mouth: Shocking behaviour Pete.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Platts Animal bedding are from Llay Ind est near Wrexham,

Cheers Pete. :wink:

pete smith:
As stated previously, RHP Transport were from Dawley originally and then moved to Stafford Park Telford, a big ERF user at one time but sadly chucked in the towel 3 or 4 years ago now. I think either SRCL or Aviva bus have occupied their yard now.

Shame they have packed up. :frowning:

Froggy55:
“DEANB”

Atkinson trucks with Rolls Royce engines in 1968.

The fuel consumption of this trucks looks a good performance to me, especially in the late '60s!

I agree “Froggy55” 7.7mpg over 5,000 miles not too shabby at all. :smiley:

Kempston:
“pete smith”
Hi Kempston,

Kempston,Nice part of the world Durley Chine,walk there often. I bet you go here for your coffee ! :wink:

durley chine.PNG

pete smith:
Nearly missed this one Dean!
Cartwrights are from Halesfield in Telford, still operating.

:wink:

Buzzer:
Who knows ought about this K.S.Gill truck ? Buzzer

Nice pic Buzzer,thats proper tidy,imagine its an owner driver. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Hall & Co AEC Mandator.

Dean what a fantastic Pictrue of this Hall & Co bulk powder artic tanker AEC Mandator thanks for posting this one chap Regards Daz :slight_smile:

Cheers Daz, Two for the price of one chap,Hall & Co and a Routeman. :wink:

truckworld:

Thanks for the pics and comments “truckworld” :wink:

Heres a few more that we have had on here.

BN0012.JPG

L1828p.JPG

A04800p.JPG

L4361p.JPG

Hall & Co article’s from 1967.

Click on pages twice.

Another from 1967.

Article from 1970.

Buzzer:
Hi Dean Mortimers dont trade under that name any more for reasons I know not but they are still going but under the name of Broughton Transport Solutions with a sizeable fleet.
Now here is a question for you, while listening to the ITV news it reported it was 35 years ago that the Newbury bypass was started/completed and all the trouble they had with tree huggers actually living in the tree’s trying to stop construction. It was a vast improvement as one can remember coming down the A34 and thinking you had cracked it but you had to go through the town back then which could lose you 3/4 of an hour making it tight for time when going for a ferry or just trying to get home and I am sure many on here can remember the delays at Newbury, just wondered if you have any info/pictures of the construction of the bypass, cheers Buzzer.

Thanks for the info on Mortimers Buzzer. :wink:

I do indeed remember when you had to crawl up that hill coming through Newbury to the rounabout at the top. Then crack
on down to The Winchester bypass where it used to go pear shaped with the traffic lights,especially Friday afternoons. :unamused:
I reckon we have all been stuck in the ques on a Friday trying to get home and finished for the week. :wink:

Info/pictures of the A34 being built. Dont think so chap,but to be honest i have that much stuff i may come across
something. I will make a note of it. :wink: