PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

LJH Screenhire Maggie. Not had one on before,anyone know anything about them ? Pic was taken in Southampton.

A.C.T. Scania.

Cecil S.Allen & Sons MAN from Wrexham. Seen here tipping at Christopher Hill’s mill in Poole.

ACH Atkinson. Where were they based ■■

Meon Valley Metals Volvo F86.

Roy Brennan Volvo F12. Anyone know where they are from ■■ Panel missing on the front.

Parmiter Seddon Atkinson 400. Pretty sure we have not had one on before so does anyone know where they are from ■■

Carpenters DAF 300 bulker.

W.M.Whitaker Scania 111 bulker.

S.W.T.D. Seddon Atkinson 401 with hazardous tanker seen here going through Salisbury. Anyone know what SWTD stands for ■■?

Dean , you are a bad man , you do realise the ensuing mayhem if certain members clock that big j with the clear Gardner240 badge ? . Heads will roll I tell you . Dig your tin hat out quick . Lol

DEANB:
Guy Big J article.

Click on twice to read.

All those Big J’s not a shot of an 8 potter anywhere! :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Kev.

DEANB:
LJH Screenhire Maggie. Not had one on before,anyone know anything about them ? Pic was taken in Southampton.

A.C.T. Scania.

Cecil S.Allen & Sons MAN from Wrexham. Seen here tipping at Christopher Hill’s mill in Poole.

Meon Valley Metals Volvo F86.

Roy Brennan Volvo F12. Anyone know where they are from ■■ Panel missing on the front.

Parmiter Seddon Atkinson 400. Pretty sure we have not had one on before so does anyone know where they are from ■■

Carpenters DAF 300 bulker.

W.M.Whitaker Scania 111 bulker.

S.W.T.D. Seddon Atkinson 401 with hazardous tanker seen here going through Salisbury. Anyone know what SWTD stands for ■■?

Hi Dean, The Seddon Atkinson 401 tanker looks like South West Tar Distillers. Cheers, Ray.

ACH Is Aston Clinton Haulage from Aston Clinton near Aylesbury

[/quote]
SWTD Is south western tar distillers had a the tar works in Totton Southampton

ACH, Aston Clinton haulage. Bought out by No bed or dressing table.

Suedehead:

Knobhead the strangler

robthedog:

ACH Is Aston Clinton Haulage from Aston Clinton near Aylesbury

[/quote]
Years ago my old man used to buy a 45 gallon barrel of real creosote from SWTD at Totton and and you cant get anything like it today Buzzer

kevmac47:
All those Big J’s not a shot of an 8 potter anywhere! :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Kev.

Well there is a shot Kev, and even a mention of them, but just because we have (a) a photo of some including a rear view and (b) an account by a driver who actually drove one doesn’t mean that any actually existed. :unamused: I’m guessing that the unbelievers think that the Loch Ness Monster doesn’t actually exist either? :confused: :wink:

Pete.

Here you go Dean South Western Tar Distilleries, Buzzer

kevmac47:

DEANB:
Guy Big J article.

Click on twice to read.

Regards Kev.

SoM had one of theirs on the loading bay,clearly displaying the Percy badge,coupled with the right up confirming where the bulk of the 8lxb Percy’s went,case closed.

David

Hi Dean, This Guy Big J carrying steel tubes is in the 2 tone blue livery that T.I. ( Tube Investments ) lorries had
in the 1970s and 1980s. Some T.I. companies of that era were…England Tubes, Wigan… Markland Scowcroft
from Bolton…T.I.Desford, Leicestershire…T.I. Stainless and T.I. Weldless, both from the Midlands.
More well known T.I. companies were…T.I.Creda…T.I. Russell Hobbs…and T,I, Raleigh Cycles.
The Guy artic in the picture looks like the one that belonged to T.I. Wilson from Ellon in Aberdeenshire, and its
reg number was GAS ■■?N, a number local to that area. Click on picture 3 to enlarge.

Cheers, Ray.

TI Logo.png

Guy Big J Steel Tubes.jpg

My first driving job was taking similar tubes to Portobello, Edinburgh for if I recall something to do with the Gas industry, they were longer filling the 40ft bed than in the GUY pic and were made locally at BSC Hartlepool. We went straight up tipped and back empty, bit of a push on coming back to do the run in the driving time back then. Drove a Scania 81 but one week me and another lad used hire motors, he nabbed the Transcon and I got an F7 but I wasn’t bothered it was a nice little motor and new. On the way back down the A1 one day giving it six nowt I just caught a traffic car in the mirror and slowed as steady as I could, my mate was well gone trying the big Ford out and within minutes I came across him pulled in by the cop. I toodled past at the required 40mph and was back at the yard before he returned. I asked how it went, he said he got an almighty rollicking but let off but the cop did say just before he went ‘and tell your mate we clocked him too so don’t let me Fxxx’n catch you two again’! Fair one, we took it a bit steadier after that ha! Franky.

rigsby:
Dean , you are a bad man , you do realise the ensuing mayhem if certain members clock that big j with the clear Gardner240 badge ? . Heads will roll I tell you . Dig your tin hat out quick . Lol

Dave, Paul took this one that had a 240 Gardner badge in the window. :laughing:

kevmac47:
Regards Kev.

Kev, Guy announced in November 1973 that they were now offering the 240 Gardner ! :smiley: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean, The Seddon Atkinson 401 tanker looks like South West Tar Distillers. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the name Ray,funny enough Paul emailed me the same name ! :smiley: :wink:

robthedog:
“DEANB”

Cheers Rob for confirming. :wink:

Suedehead:

Thanks for the name “Suedehead” :wink:

What actually happened to Dentressangle’s did they go pop ■■

Buzzer:

Years ago my old man used to buy a 45 gallon barrel of real creosote from SWTD at Totton and and you cant get anything like it today Buzzer

Yeah we use to use the creosote on the fence panels ,used to stink. :smiley:

windrush:
“kevmac47”

Regards Kev.

Well there is a shot Kev, and even a mention of them, but just because we have (a) a photo of some including a rear view and (b) an account by a driver who actually drove one doesn’t mean that any actually existed. :unamused: I’m guessing that the unbelievers think that the Loch Ness Monster doesn’t actually exist either? :confused: :wink:

Pete.

One will be found by mistake Pete,someone will find a pic in a brochure advertising a trailer or something. :wink:

Buzzer:
Here you go Dean South Western Tar Distilleries, Buzzer

Thanks for the pics Buzzer. :smiley:

5thwheel:
“kevmac47”

Regards Kev.

SoM had one of theirs on the loading bay,clearly displaying the Percy badge,coupled with the right up confirming where the bulk of the 8lxb Percy’s went,case closed.

David

:wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, This Guy Big J carrying steel tubes is in the 2 tone blue livery that T.I. ( Tube Investments ) lorries had
in the 1970s and 1980s. Some T.I. companies of that era were…England Tubes, Wigan… Markland Scowcroft
from Bolton…T.I.Desford, Leicestershire…T.I. Stainless and T.I. Weldless, both from the Midlands.
More well known T.I. companies were…T.I.Creda…T.I. Russell Hobbs…and T,I, Raleigh Cycles.
The Guy artic in the picture looks like the one that belonged to T.I. Wilson from Ellon in Aberdeenshire, and its
reg number was GAS ■■?N, a number local to that area. Click on picture 3 to enlarge.

Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the information Ray,sounds like they were a huge concern. :wink:

Frankydobo:
My first driving job was taking similar tubes to Portobello, Edinburgh for if I recall something to do with the Gas industry, they were longer filling the 40ft bed than in the GUY pic and were made locally at BSC Hartlepool. We went straight up tipped and back empty, bit of a push on coming back to do the run in the driving time back then. Drove a Scania 81 but one week me and another lad used hire motors, he nabbed the Transcon and I got an F7 but I wasn’t bothered it was a nice little motor and new. On the way back down the A1 one day giving it six nowt I just caught a traffic car in the mirror and slowed as steady as I could, my mate was well gone trying the big Ford out and within minutes I came across him pulled in by the cop. I toodled past at the required 40mph and was back at the yard before he returned. I asked how it went, he said he got an almighty rollicking but let off but the cop did say just before he went ‘and tell your mate we clocked him too so don’t let me Fxxx’n catch you two again’! Fair one, we took it a bit steadier after that ha! Franky.

Thanks for the recollections Franky,good stuff. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I wonder what the fastest speed was that a truck got pulled pre limiters ■■ :unamused:

My dad had two Guy Big J eight wheelers that were ex William Hamptons. They came with Rolls Royce engines but due to reliability issues they were replaced with ■■■■■■■ 220s.
My dad didn’t have much good to say about them other than they were absolute flying machines.

DEANB:

Not at all - Norbert sold out handsomely to the American company, XPO Logistics

StanAccysmall.jpg

Mark R:
My dad had two Guy Big J eight wheelers that were ex William Hamptons. They came with Rolls Royce engines but due to reliability issues they were replaced with ■■■■■■■ 220s.
My dad didn’t have much good to say about them other than they were absolute flying machines.

Thanks for the comments “Mark R” about your dads eight wheelers. Pics ■■? :unamused:

Heres a spec sheet for a rolls one.

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Not at all - Norbert sold out handsomely to the American company, XPO Logistics

Thanks for the info Chris, Paul sent me this pic today. :smiley:

Stennetts Scania bulker. Dont remember having one on before anyone know where they are based ■■

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

Vernon Land Transport Iveco.

Are Costin’s still going ■■

Someone may recognise the number plate ■■

Dodd’s Transport Volvo.

Dutch plant lorry.

Mulgrew tidy Scania.

Walon Scania car transporter.

Harry Price Foden.

Spme odds and sods.

Sweet ! :smiley:

volvo21.jpg