PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Theres a D K Transport in Leicester IIRC. Regards Larry.

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean
J.S Highfelds are from Nottinghamshire I think not far from Tuxford
Cheers Gary

J S Highfield are based at Hemswell not far from Caenby Corner (A15)

Anyone know where the D.K. Transport DAF is from ■■?

[attachment=3]DSCF4047p.JPG[/attachment

DK transport are from Gospot Hants

robthedog:

Are they not on part of the old air field Daedelus or summit, Buzzer

Philsons cut the job rate on the tomatoes and salad gear to get the job then couldnt make her pay, how many times we seen that, Buzzer

Lawrence Dunbar:
Theres a D K Transport in Leicester IIRC. Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry. :wink:

joeshell:

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean
J.S Highfelds are from Nottinghamshire I think not far from Tuxford
Cheers Gary

J S Highfield are based at Hemswell not far from Caenby Corner (A15)

Thanks for the info Joe. :wink:

robthedog:

Thanks Rob,sounds like there are 2 D.K.Transports. :wink:

Buzzer:
"robthedog"Anyone know where the D.K. Transport DAF is from ■■?

Are they not on part of the old air field Daedelus or summit, Buzzer

Philsons cut the job rate on the tomatoes and salad gear to get the job then couldnt make her pay, how many times we seen that, Buzzer

Thanks for the comments Buzzer. :wink: Sounds like Philsons were busy fools. :unamused:

Some advers from 1958.

Click on pages twice to read.

I seem to remember “ROF” likes a nice Trusty.

I think the Big Ben look awesome,everything just right. :smiley:

Seddon Diesel.

British Aluminium tankers.

Foden.

Crane trailers.

Primrose.

George Catchpole.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

King Lifting Scania.

DSCF3942p.JPG

Fowler Welch Scania.

Vitacress ERF / MAN.

Anyone know where the R.Hales Volvo is from ? Whats he loaded with saw dust ■■

Deben Transport mercedes from Southampton i think ?

BP Mckeefry Volvo. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Walsh’s ERF.

Edwin Shirley Trucking DAF.

Wincanton tanker.

DEANB:

Deben were from Felixstowe, but they had a local depot in Nursling

Regarding the Primrose advertisment: they also used one of W.G Phillips of Wirksworth’s LAD Dodges in their advert for adding second steer axles (Chinese sixes) in Commercial Motor. We used to repair an Austin FHK tipper in Reading back in the sixties that had a Primrose second steer fitted, it belonged to a local coal merchant and he collected his own coal from South Wales with it and also assisted in the Aberfan disaster. The braking system was simply a second master cylinder mounted above the axle, rather crude and plating and testing resulted in it being disposed of. A beast of a thing, a large Welshman (Taffy) drove it and was the only chap who could really handle it, but he sadly drowned while fishing as I believe the boat sank and his waders filled with water and dragged him under. :cry:

Pete.

DEANB:
Some advers from 1958.

I think the Big Ben look awesome,everything just right. :smiley:

Seddon Diesel.

British Aluminium tankers.

Foden.

Crane trailers.

Primrose.

George Catchpole.

Hello Dean …the old man too was impressed with the Trusty clipping …he says that Gwynn Bowen who were from Gorseinon had a couple of them with illuminated headboards …many thanks Dean …lol …Geraint

DEANB:
Some advers from 1958.

Seddon Diesel.

I see that, as early as 1958, the Seddon 8-wheeler was fitted with power steering when Foden still advised their customers to have good arm and chest muscles in the late 1960s for the S21!

Froggy55:

DEANB:
Some advers from 1958.

Seddon Diesel.

I see that, as early as 1958, the Seddon 8-wheeler was fitted with power steering when Foden still advised their customers to have good arm and chest muscles in the late 1960s for the S21!

Nothing wrong with Armstrong steering Froggy , and the clutch on the s21 plus the hydraulic accelerator kept the leg muscles well excercised . No need for gym membership back then .

DEANB:
Rocma Volvo. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Maritime Volvo.

Avonline MAN.

Philson Haulage Volvo from Chichester.

Hodnet MAN from your part of the world Trevor.

Ex Chambers & Cook Iveco.

Finnforest DAF. Dont think we have had one of these on before ■■

M.J.Church Volvo.

Rocma is Amcor (packaging) spelled in reverse. They were based in March and set up by a family member (think the son of Tony Griggs) of A A Griggs and I believe Tony Griggs was also involved as a director of rocma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Deben were from Felixstowe, but they had a local depot in Nursling

Thought they had a place in Southampton Chris,thanks for confirming. :wink:

windrush:
Regarding the Primrose advertisment: they also used one of W.G Phillips of Wirksworth’s LAD Dodges in their advert for adding second steer axles (Chinese sixes) in Commercial Motor. We used to repair an Austin FHK tipper in Reading back in the sixties that had a Primrose second steer fitted, it belonged to a local coal merchant and he collected his own coal from South Wales with it and also assisted in the Aberfan disaster. The braking system was simply a second master cylinder mounted above the axle, rather crude and plating and testing resulted in it being disposed of. A beast of a thing, a large Welshman (Taffy) drove it and was the only chap who could really handle it, but he sadly drowned while fishing as I believe the boat sank and his waders filled with water and dragged him under. :cry:

Pete.

Thanks for your comments re Primrose Pete. :wink: Primrose did loads of adverts chap and have attached a few. Also a bit on the Aberfan disaster.

Thats not the first time i have heard of someone drowning due to there waders filling up.

Click on pages twice.

1960 advert.

Primrose leaflets.

Aberfan disaster.

kenfig bill:

DEANB:
Some adverts from 1958.

Hello Dean …the old man too was impressed with the Trusty clipping …he says that Gwynn Bowen who were from Gorseinon had a couple of them with illuminated headboards …many thanks Dean …lol …Geraint

I may have something on the Thornycroft Trusty,will see if i can find it.

NMP, Press pic of Gwynn Bowen’s Trusty.

Advert from 1960.

Froggy55:
“DEANB” Some advers from 1958.

Seddon Diesel.

Good point “Froggy55”. :wink: I dont know what year power steering was starting to be fitted as normal ?

rigsby:
“Froggy55”

Nothing wrong with Armstrong steering Froggy , and the clutch on the s21 plus the hydraulic accelerator kept the leg muscles well excercised . No need for gym membership back then .

:laughing: :laughing:

m1tch:
“DEANB”

Rocma Volvo. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Rocma is Amcor (packaging) spelled in reverse. They were based in March and set up by a family member (think the son of Tony Griggs) of A A Griggs and I believe Tony Griggs was also involved as a director of rocma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments on the Volvo chap. :smiley:

Hi dean ,my volvo tipper when I worked for pml first in a foundry in Birmingham then in Liverpool by a Mersey ferry boat ,when I started in Clarkes I had a 07 plate volvo woman speeding round the corner in a lane in the Cotswolds took out my front light and steps

image.jpeg

EA77E85D-5B7C-4EA2-BD98-52A48BABC6C4.jpeg

I recall my J Reg Volvo FL7 was that slow pulling away it was dangerous, one dull gloomy day I started out at a big roundabout in the safe knowledge nothing was coming, I’d just about cleared the way when a little sporty job came tearing around the corner and bounced off my trailer wheels! I got out to check and seen it was a young lady almost in hysterics, her radio blasting music and she was wearing sunglasses! Obviously looking cool and trendy counters taking any caution. She wasn’t hurt just her pride and nifty number and although I had little sympathy it became apparent the lack of acceleration on pulling away was a big fault on these lighter models. Years later I spoke to a Volvo Technician I knew and he said they had to fit boosters to those FL7’s because of the complaints received about lack of power on take off! Franky.

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,my volvo tipper when I worked for pml first in a foundry in Birmingham then in Liverpool by a Mersey ferry boat ,when I started in Clarkes I had a 07 plate volvo woman speeding round the corner in a lane in the Cotswolds took out my front light and steps

Nice pics John ! :smiley: There are alot of lanes around where i live John and the speed at which people come around corners at you over the
white line is a very regular occurrence ! :wink:

Frankydobo:
I recall my J Reg Volvo FL7 was that slow pulling away it was dangerous, one dull gloomy day I started out at a big roundabout in the safe knowledge nothing was coming, I’d just about cleared the way when a little sporty job came tearing around the corner and bounced off my trailer wheels! I got out to check and seen it was a young lady almost in hysterics, her radio blasting music and she was wearing sunglasses! Obviously looking cool and trendy counters taking any caution. She wasn’t hurt just her pride and nifty number and although I had little sympathy it became apparent the lack of acceleration on pulling away was a big fault on these lighter models. Years later I spoke to a Volvo Technician I knew and he said they had to fit boosters to those FL7’s because of the complaints received about lack of power on take off! Franky.

Thanks for your comments Franky. :smiley: The speed at which cars come around roundabouts these days can be crazy in some
places when you are trying to pull out. :wink:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Nice pics John ! :smiley: There are alot of lanes around where i live John and the speed at which people come around corners at you over the
white line is a very regular occurrence ! :wink:

Frankydobo:

Thanks for your comments Franky. :smiley: The speed at which cars come around roundabouts these days can be crazy in some

Spare a thought for us poor frecers that drive a Merc with an auto box :blush:

Suedehead:
“DEANB”

Frankydobo:

Spare a thought for us poor frecers that drive a Merc with an auto box :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bit like the early MAN’s chap :wink:

Some odds and sods.

Adverts from 1960.

Click on pages twice.

Dennis.

AEC.

Davies.

Karrier.

Atkinson 1958.

ERF 1958.