PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Thanks Paul for all the effort and what must have been a very time consuming period in taking and keeping the photos you’ve taken especially the many of Stirlands of Nottingham which have brought back some very good memories
Along with Mark and Dean I again thank you all
Cheers Gary[emoji106]

gazsa401:
Thanks Paul for all the effort and what must have been a very time consuming period in taking and keeping the photos you’ve taken especially the many of Stirlands of Nottingham which have brought back some very good memories
Along with Mark and Dean I again thank you all
Cheers Gary[emoji106]

Thanks for that young Gary
Means a lot to me when they are appreciated - I got hell from the family for years for taking them!!! - but it is great that they are bringing back memories - most of thanks certainly due to young Dean - he contacted me to ask if I had any ERF European and I just happened to let slip I had a bit of a collection!!! The work that he does for this thread is amazing - and we both love it when we get stories and anecdotes associated with the photos - helps to bring them alive - Take care and keep safe

Paul C Gee:

pete smith:
Don’t expect too much?! There are 430 pages that are down to yourself, Mark Bailey and DeanB which have made excellent viewing for a lot of members and should put you three in for a free dinner at Rikki’s expense down to all the extra traffic you have both created on Trucknet!

Thanks for your kind comments but it is very much down to young Dean and all the hours of hard work he puts into keeping this thread going - if it was not for him all the photos would still be sitting on my hard drive instead of being out there being - hopefully - enjoyed!!!

Local to you■■? Lowes Transport…

Yes Paul, bottom of Powke Lane in Blackheath, been going a fair few years now, Cheer’s Pete

The R J Priestley is or were from langworth near Lincoln I believe not trading for a few years now They also ran some Seddonn atkis with the Iveco cab Among there work they did ferry trailers out of immingham also did some for Annetstar? Warehouse at Grimsby

:bulb: I

DEANB:
Owens Volvo.

Polypipe Volvo.

Cant remember if we have had a Kenyon motor on before. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Looks like an ex Ken Abram Foden.

R.J.Priestley & Son DAF.

Anyone recognise the tall DAF rigid ■■?

Think it says B.R. Transport on the DAF tanker ■■ That dodgy sign writing.

Marshalls Mercedes from Evesham.

R.W.Loxton ERF.

Recognise the colour scheme but buggered if i can remember the name of the company ■■?

Evening all, I’m sure the Daf artic tanker is one of John Rosewells, J R Transport from Dunkerswell near Honiton, Devon. Runs a lot of Volvos and did have the odd Scania a few years back but don’t think he’s had many Dafs, I think this maybe the only one.
The flash looking FM artic tipper I’m guessing is Graham Sweeting’s from Weston, he’s got possibly 3 or 4 FH’s all in similar livery, always looks very smart.

Hi Paul ,you mark and dean are top class the pics you put on are 1st class thank you for your work mate :smiley:

boardo96:
The flash looking FM artic tipper I’m guessing is Graham Sweeting’s from Weston, he’s got possibly 3 or 4 FH’s all in similar livery, always looks very smart.

A recent shot of one of Graham’s rather nice Volvos - note the number plate - is it an ex Ralph Davies■■?

DEANB:

boardo96:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Foden tanker ■■?

Gilpin Demolition Scania.

Bryans MAN.Think they are from Wales ?

Bardon Aggregates MAN.

Cornwall Farmers ERF.

Dont think we have had a Branston motor on here before.

Evening all, a little info for those that maybe interested.
The Foden tanker is 1 of Heltor’s from Heathfield, Newton Abbot,
Gilpins also had a yard not a stone throw away from Heltor.
Mr Smith was right about Bryan’s coming from Okehampton, no longer running,
I’m pretty sure I’m right in saying the Bardon MAN belongs to Valence also based in Heathfield,
and Cornwall Farmer’s had a couple of depots, 1 I remember in Threemilestone near Truro,
we’re taken over by BOCM Pauls I’m guessing about 10 to 12 years ago, now ran by ForFarmers.
Thanks gents, it’s nice being able to look back at these old photos and remember the firms and drivers.
Cheers

Great stuff chap ,thanks for the info ! :smiley: I assume you are from Devon or Cornwall,so here some old ones from that way. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

AEC’s from 1962.

Thanks Dean for these, yes your right I am from Exeter in Devon, don’t remember these motors as they’re a bit before my time but I do recognise some of the company names, Rowe n Co are still going strong with some flash looking Dafs n Volvos, Frank Tucker as most will probably already know sold out to Evans Transport of Barnstable a few years back, the Heavitree depot has been gone for probably about 40 years or more now but the Peamore depot is in full swing, been going there for many years on and off, as my fathers side kick picking up spares as they were ERF agents and occasionally a visit to the workshops with my grandfather who drove a B series artic for ECC, in later years I’ve taken vehicles there for tacho calibrations, hardly go there at all now as they’re MAN agents, I haven’t got one and without sounding rude
I wouldn’t want one even if it were given to me ! Cheers and thanks again all

smallcoal:
Hi Paul ,you mark and dean are top class the pics you put on are 1st class thank you for your work mate :smiley:

Thanks “Smallcoal” very much appreciated - but mostly down to good old Dean!!!

boardo96:
Evening all, I’m sure the Daf artic tanker is one of John Rosewells, J R Transport from Dunkerswell near Honiton, Devon. Runs a lot of Volvos and did have the odd Scania a few years back but don’t think he’s had many Dafs, I think this maybe the only one.

JR Transport & Sons Ltd - Nice heat haze coming from exhaust as it crests the hill - Why do some firms have to use that horrible curly script - so difficult to read from a dodgy photo!!!

E & E Transport Scania. Not sure if we have had one on before,anyone know anything ■■?

Not heard of E&E but the motor was originally one of Ernie Felgates Barking as it’s my dads old one

Cheers
Al.

Welcome Paul Gee to the thread ! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Longthornes of Hebden Bridge
Nice to see we have a new member on board,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

Thats the bugger Pete,good man. :smiley: :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

oiltreader:
Recognise the colour scheme but buggered if i can remember the name of the company ■■?
Sweetings of Weston Super Mare is my guess.
Oily

Definately Longthorpe’s Oily but good shout with Sweetings. :wink:

gingerfold:
"DEANB"Leyland Beaver road test from 1967.

The Ergomatic cab. 1965. Not sure what the difference’s were between the Leyland and AEC cabs but i expect a few on here will know.
I imagine they were fairly similar inside with suttle changes.

There were three options for interior trim levels and seat comfort for the Ergomatic cab.

Thanks Graham. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Cant remember if we have had a Kenyon motor on before. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Hi Dean, I think Kenyon were from Blackburn or Darwen, and I believe that Ken Abram had a depot beside the M58 at Skelmersdale.

Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the info Ray. :wink:

Paul C Gee:

DEANB:

Kenyon are from Blackburn Lancashire - Established in 1933

See here battling through the rain on the M5 heading south at Gloucester - Taken November 2018 - a very wet and cold day from how I remember it!!!

:smiley: :wink:

Hargreaves:
The R J Priestley is or were from langworth near Lincoln I believe not trading for a few years now They also ran some Seddonn atkis with the Iveco cab Among there work they did ferry trailers out of immingham also did some for Annetstar? Warehouse at Grimsby

Thanks for the info “Hargreaves” good stuff chap ! :smiley:

Paul C Gee:

boardo96:

A recent shot of one of Graham’s rather nice Volvos - note the number plate - is it an ex Ralph Davies■■?

Yes Paul an ex Ralph Davies motor. :wink:

boardo96:
Thanks Dean for these, yes your right I am from Exeter in Devon, don’t remember these motors as they’re a bit before my time but I do recognise some of the company names, Rowe n Co are still going strong with some flash looking Dafs n Volvos, Frank Tucker as most will probably already know sold out to Evans Transport of Barnstable a few years back, the Heavitree depot has been gone for probably about 40 years or more now but the Peamore depot is in full swing, been going there for many years on and off, as my fathers side kick picking up spares as they were ERF agents and occasionally a visit to the workshops with my grandfather who drove a B series artic for ECC, in later years I’ve taken vehicles there for tacho calibrations, hardly go there at all now as they’re MAN agents, I haven’t got one and without sounding rude I wouldn’t want one even if it were given to me ! Cheers and thanks again all

Thanks for the info chap. :smiley:

The search facility at the top is handy for looking up companies you are intrested in.Once you have found out which page they are on
then if you click on the top where it says page 430 of 430 you can then type in a certain page if you want to look at something. :wink:

I popped an article on about Rowe’s if you are intrested on page 159.

Heres one of there F88’s.

A00412.JPG

There are articles about ECC quarries on pages 272 and 371.

You mentioned your father drove a B series for ECC ,i wonder if its this one ?

L1426p.JPG

wilkina:

E & E Transport Scania. Not sure if we have had one on before,anyone know anything ■■?

Not heard of E&E but the motor was originally one of Ernie Felgates Barking as it’s my dads old one

Cheers
Al.

Thanks for the info Al, any pics of it in your dad’s colours chap ■■? :smiley: :wink:

I mentioned a Cruiser we had altered for a Briggs Amasco contract, then I saw the picture of Matlock Transport. Back in the seventies they usually delivered two loads of ashphalt blocks every week to Briggs’ yard in Birtley. At the time they ran a lot of Seddon Atkinsons.

Another frequent visitor was Harry Lawson from Broughty Ferry with roofing felt ex Dundee.

Tyneside

tyneside:
Another frequent visitor was Harry Lawson from Broughty Ferry with roofing felt ex Dundee.

Tyneside

A more recent shot of a Harry Lawson Volvo Tanker

Paul C Gee:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Longthornes of Hebden Bridge
Nice to see we have a new member on board,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

Thanks young Pete!!! All very new to me - so do not expect too much!!!

Hello Dean and Paul …and welcome Paul and special thanks to you for making my old man very happy …for the south Wales shots of WG Davies Swansea ,WM Morgan ,Morfa ,and Trevor Phillps …may long they continue …from us both many thanks …Geraint

kenfig bill:
Hello Dean and Paul …and welcome Paul and special thanks to you for making my old man very happy …for the south Wales shots of WG Davies Swansea ,WM Morgan ,Morfa ,and Trevor Phillps …may long they continue …from us both many thanks …Geraint

Thanks young Geraint - pleased that you and your “old man” are enjoying them and that they are bringing back some memories - I have to say I do like the Welsh firms and the Dragons and Prince of Wales Feathers - take care and keep safe Paul

tyneside:
I mentioned a Cruiser we had altered for a Briggs Amasco contract, then I saw the picture of Matlock Transport. Back in the seventies they usually delivered two loads of ashphalt blocks every week to Briggs’ yard in Birtley. At the time they ran a lot of Seddon Atkinsons.

Tyneside

“tyneside” Re Harry Lawson, have a look on page 289 chap ! :wink:

kenfig bill:

Geraint tell your dad to keep looking in. Will be doing a bit on steel haulage very soon chap. :wink:

DEANB:
Looks like one of Fodens own trucks / demonstrator. Mark worked at Foden for a while so took lots of pics.

Anyone recognise the F7 bulker ■■

Gower Furniture Scania. Outfit could do with a good wash !!

Nickerson Seddon Atkinson 400

Anyone recognise the G.Marks Seddon Atkinson seen here leaving Poole docks ■■?

Onshore Bedford boat transporter. Not sure where they were from although could have well been Poole with Sunseeker and all the boat yards.

Mercedes car transporter. MarkR normally knows who they belong to. Was it Sheertrucks ■■

Yeovil Transport Fiat.

The Merc car transporter belongs to Car Transport based at Sheerness on the Toyota contract

Some oldies.