PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

PM read! Apologies for missing it.

gingerfold:

Froggy55:

DEANB:
Leyland Cruiser Test.

Click on pages twice to read.

L

I’m surprised to see that the turbocharged 11. litre Leyland engine delivered only 209 bhp in 1981. In 1974, Berliet issued a 8,82 litre natural aspiration engine delivering 192 bhp.

It was a re-worked and lightly turbo-charged development of the Leyland O.680 engine. It was a reliable engine.
There had been an earlier turbo-charged development of the Leyland O.680 engine designated the Leyland 690. Not many of these were supplied in the UK and mainly they were used in the Leyland 2-pedal semi-automatic Beaver. The 690 engine wasn’t very reliable and was prone to overheating, suffering like other Leyland Group engines from the cooling limitations imposed by the Ergomatic cab.

Thanks! Oversized so less subject to overheating.

Some oldies.

A rare Rotinoff.I think its a Atlantic,rather than a Super Atlantic which had a longer bonnet. Only 24 Atlantic’s were ever built.

tyneside:
PM read! Apologies for missing it.

No worries chap ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

gingerfold:
“Froggy55” “DEAN” Leyland Cruiser Test.

I’m surprised to see that the turbocharged 11. litre Leyland engine delivered only 209 bhp in 1981. In 1974, Berliet issued a 8,82 litre natural aspiration engine delivering 192 bhp.

It was a re-worked and lightly turbo-charged development of the Leyland O.680 engine. It was a reliable engine.
There had been an earlier turbo-charged development of the Leyland O.680 engine designated the Leyland 690. Not many of these were supplied in the UK and mainly they were used in the Leyland 2-pedal semi-automatic Beaver. The 690 engine wasn’t very reliable and was prone to overheating, suffering like other Leyland Group engines from the cooling limitations imposed by the Ergomatic cab.

Heres a bit on the Leyland Beaver Graham. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

leyland beaver br2.jpg

Spec sheet.

The first Ergomaic cab. 1965.

Leyland Beaver road test from 1967.

Click on pages twice.

The Ergomatic cab. 1965. Not sure what the difference’s were between the Leyland and AEC cabs but i expect a few on here will know.
I imagine they were fairly similar inside with suttle changes.

Some AEC with Ergomatic cabs. 1966.

Owens Volvo.

Polypipe Volvo.

Cant remember if we have had a Kenyon motor on before. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Looks like an ex Ken Abram Foden.

R.J.Priestley & Son DAF.

Anyone recognise the tall DAF rigid ■■?

Think it says B.R. Transport on the DAF tanker ■■ That dodgy sign writing.

Marshalls Mercedes from Evesham.

R.W.Loxton ERF.

Recognise the colour scheme but buggered if i can remember the name of the company ■■?

Looks like one of Fodens own trucks / demonstrator. Mark worked at Foden for a while so took lots of pics.

Anyone recognise the F7 bulker ■■

Gower Furniture Scania. Outfit could do with a good wash !!

Nickerson Seddon Atkinson 400 fuel tanker.

Anyone recognise the G.Marks Seddon Atkinson seen here leaving Poole docks ■■?

Onshore Bedford boat transporter. Not sure where they were from although could have well been Poole with Sunseeker and all the boat yards.

E & E Transport Scania. Not sure if we have had one on before,anyone know anything ■■?

L7055p.JPG

Mercedes car transporter. MarkR normally knows who they belong to. Was it Sheertrucks ■■

Yeovil Transport Fiat.

Anyone know where the V & A Transport Seddon was from ■■?

Hi Dean,
Longthornes of Hebden Bridge
Nice to see we have a new member on board,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

2006_10280792p.JPG

Recognise the colour scheme but buggered if i can remember the name of the company ■■?
Sweetings of Weston Super Mare is my guess.
Oily

DEANB:
Leyland Beaver road test from 1967.

Click on pages twice.

The Ergomatic cab. 1965. Not sure what the difference’s were between the Leyland and AEC cabs but i expect a few on here will know.
I imagine they were fairly similar inside with suttle changes.

Some AEC with Ergomatic cabs. 1966.

There were three options for interior trim levels and seat comfort for the Ergomatic cab.

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

Thanks young Pete!!! All very new to me - so do not expect too much!!!

Paul C Gee:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

Welcome Paul, hopefully I will get to know where some of the Tilcon halfcab and S80 pics posted recently were taken as they were trucks from our quarry in Derbyshire! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
Welcome Paul, hopefully I will get to know where some of the Tilcon halfcab and S80 pics posted recently were taken as they were trucks from our quarry in Derbyshire! :wink:

Pete.

Thanks “Wndrush” Bill (Mark) took those!!! I haven’t got a clue where he took them - but probably either round Stafford or Nantwich??!!! Will try and remember to ask him next time I see him

Is this your neck of the woods■■?

Paul C Gee:

windrush:

Pete.

Thanks “Wndrush” Bill (Mark) took those!!! I haven’t got a clue where he took them - but probably either round Stafford or Nantwich??!!! Will try and remember to ask him next time I see him

Is this your neck of the woods■■?

Thank’s for replying Paul, Staffordshire would make sense. Yes that is my area for Matlock Transport but the pic could be almost anywhere but possibly the A6 in the New Mills area? They are reducing their fleet at present as rates for the work they have been doing are being cut by others to get the work. :cry:

Pete.

windrush:
Thank’s for replying Paul, Staffordshire would make sense. Yes that is my area for Matlock Transport but the pic could be almost anywhere but possibly the A6 in the New Mills area? They are reducing their fleet at present as rates for the work they have been doing are being cut by others to get the work. :cry:

Pete.

Pete - I am not sure exactly where that one was but you are certainly in the right neck of the woods - I had not mastered the GPS Geo Tagging at that stage - now this one I know where it is as I had some fish and chips and from what I remember I had about 50 different shops to choose between!!!
So sorry to hear that Matlock are struggling with the rates - I just hope they do not end up going the same way as the likes of Richard Read - I was shocked earlier this week when I saw that it was a year ago that they had the auction after they closed at the end of March - It is always very very sad to see an old name go only to be swallowed up by one of these massive nationals - who then themselves struggle when the reality of the rates they have “bought” the work for start to bite!!!

Paul C Gee:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Welcome to TN Paul Gee!

Don’t expect too much?! There are 430 pages that are down to yourself, Mark Bailey and DeanB which have made excellent viewing for a lot of members and should put you three in for a free dinner at Rikki’s expense down to all the extra traffic you have both created on Trucknet!

pete smith:
Don’t expect too much?! There are 430 pages that are down to yourself, Mark Bailey and DeanB which have made excellent viewing for a lot of members and should put you three in for a free dinner at Rikki’s expense down to all the extra traffic you have both created on Trucknet!

Thanks for your kind comments but it is very much down to young Dean and all the hours of hard work he puts into keeping this thread going - if it was not for him all the photos would still be sitting on my hard drive instead of being out there being - hopefully - enjoyed!!!

Local to you■■? Lowes Transport…

DEANB:
Owens Volvo.

Polypipe Volvo.

Cant remember if we have had a Kenyon motor on before. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Looks like an ex Ken Abram Foden.

Hi Dean, I think Kenyon were from Blackburn or Darwen, and I believe that Ken Abram had a depot beside the M58 at Skelmersdale.

Cheers, Ray.

R.J.Priestley & Son DAF.

Anyone recognise the tall DAF rigid ■■?

Think it says B.R. Transport on the DAF tanker ■■ That dodgy sign writing.

Marshalls Mercedes from Evesham.

R.W.Loxton ERF.

DEANB:

Kenyon are from Blackburn Lancashire - Established in 1933

See here battling through the rain on the M5 heading south at Gloucester - Taken November 2018 - a very wet and cold day from how I remember it!!!