PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Anyone recognise the LHD F88 parked here outside the truck garage near to the Truckline ferry terminal at Poole.There is a name
on the door ■■

Shell Volvo F86.

Think it says L.J. & W.D. Transport on the Seddon Atkinson 300.Anyone recognise it ■■

Anyone recognise the ERF dodgy colour scheme ■■

A.K.T. DAF . Anyone know what AKT stands for and does that say Southampton on the door ■■

Shell AEC Mandator.

Millers of Poole Bedford TM. They used to make pies,black pudding etc. Now the site is operated by Pork Farms.
Christopher Hill’s Grain mill in the background,spent many a happy hour there as a kid.Now a bloody ASDA. :frowning:

Anglia heavy haulage DAF. Is there anyway of telling if thats a 2800,3300 or 3600 ? Not sure without checking what year the 3300 and 3600
were released ■■

French Volvo F86 seen here arriving at Poole docks to ship via Truckline. I bet that chugged on up Cherbourg Hill ! :smiley:

Old Seddon of Meachers of Southampton. Dont recognise where the pic was taken,anyone know ■■

The F 88 at Poole looks like one of Carman/Brit Europeans

Hi Dean,
They had a quarry near Stouport

DSCF0644p.JPG

Suedehead:

+1

Suedehead:

By golly I think you are correct “suedehead” my thoughts as well.

The AKT DAF could have been Arthur Kneller Transport from Southampton, some one will concur or say different Buzzer

L6919p.JPG

ERF is painted in Bell Line Container colours they had a terminal at Newport and also a terminal at Teesport of the two i know of.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the LHD F88 parked here outside the truck garage near to the Truckline ferry terminal at Poole.There is a name
on the door ■■

Shell Volvo F86.

Think it says L.J. & W.D. Transport on the Seddon Atkinson 300.Anyone recognise it ■■

A.K.T. DAF . Anyone know what AKT stands for and does that say Southampton on the door ■■

Shell AEC Mandator.

Millers of Poole Bedford TM. They used to make pies,black pudding etc. Now the site is operated by Pork Farms.
Christopher Hill’s Grain mill in the background,spent many a happy hour there as a kid.Now a bloody ASDA. :frowning:

Anglia heavy haulage DAF. Is there anyway of telling if thats a 2800,3300 or 3600 ? Not sure without checking what year the 3300 and 3600
were released ■■

French Volvo F86 seen here arriving at Poole docks to ship via Truckline. I bet that chugged on up Cherbourg Hill ! :smiley:

Old Seddon of Meachers of Southampton. Dont recognise where the pic was taken,anyone know ■■

The left handed Volvo F88 in picture 1 has an Isle Of Wight number plate, so some of you Hampshire and Dorset chaps should recognise it.

Cheers, Ray.

Hi dean,f gbond is still around they pull lintels out. Of cemex wick ,bond are situated on the road between Bristol and Chippenham

C6DCCE1C-7580-4828-AEB1-0F52965B0292.jpeg

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

That will be the area I saw them in then Pete. Roger Constant’s used to be in that area as well.

Pete.

pete smith:

Suedehead:

+1

DEANB:
on the door ■■

Shell Volvo F86.

Shell AEC Mandator.

were released ■■

The DAF? AKT? Arthur Kneller Transport??
EDIT. Buzzer beat me to it.
The Meachers Seddon is I think in West Quay Road, turning by the entrance to the lorry park at the back of the Central Baths. Didnt they have a depot there? The metal silos in the background are part of Pirellis Cables. Check from this Echo picture.
google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht … UKHbdHAxcQ

Re the Daf 2800, if that reg is original, ie 1975 its a 2800, the 3300 came around the Y/A reg 1982/83 with the 3600 about C reg 1986 I think

The french f86 looks to have a magi deutz sleeper grafted on

Great pics as ever.

Steve

windrush:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

That will be the area I saw them in then Pete. Roger Constant’s used to be in that area as well.

Pete.

Hi Pete,
That is the name I was trying to remember, I think they took Constants quarry over,

WHITRUXVOLVO.jpg

That looks a bit weighty matey
Cracking pic

Suedehead:
That looks a bit weighty matey
Cracking pic

Pic not mine :wink: . Those step-frame tilts were not nice to use, especially heavy. They were OK for light-weight high-bulk loads, but those little tyres didn’t like weight; and many of the tilt frames were tall so for a short-arse driver, slinging the canopy sides onto the roof was hard work. Give me a low-profile straight-frame tilt any day. Or better still, retirement :laughing: . Ro

download/file.php?id=299128&mode=view Christie lucey transport an Irish operator from co cork if I remember correctly

chipliner:
http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/download/file.php?id=299128&mode=view Christie lucey transport an Irish operator from co cork if I remember correctly