PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean
The ERF is one of W.Freemans from Curdworth near Sutton Coldfield, they used to run tankers collecting milk and run bulk tippers usually collecting spent brewers grains, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:
Hi Dean
The ERF is one of W.Freemans from Curdworth near Sutton Coldfield, they used to run tankers collecting milk and run bulk tippers usually collecting spent brewers grains, Cheer’s Pete

I wonder where they are based nowadays as their wharf site is empty? :confused:

Pete.

On the Leyland theme, the 400 engine and that manifold was about as good as the cab heating got.
Oily

Leyland_0,400_diesel_engine in PDpd.jpg

DEANB:

That is an interesting shot of what is obviously a new T. Brady & Sons Ltd Beaver shot at the British Cellophane site at Barrow the date of which would have been August 1961. The fleet records show that HEO 333 was new into service on 18/8/1961 and it was scrapped on 23/11/1969 it would have had the Leyland 600 engine. Cheers Bewick.

DEANB:
A bit about the Scammell Mechanical Horse Scarab and Townsman.

Anyone know anything about the raised axle ■■ Not seen that before.

Hi Dean ,love those scarabs ,Bulmers had several that ferried between the 2 Hereford factories .
Good to see Ken Jones from Newport in your Welsh line up ,they really took pride in thier fleet and sadly missed .
Have to say did not know much about Elliot Blackmore Shrewsbury, but had fine looking Fodens ,regards Keith

Carl Williams:

DEANB:
A Leyland Motors Group brochure from 1962,which is very intresting.

Click on pages twice to read.

So interesting Dean, as years go by I had forgotten the history, makes you wonder what might have been today, had Leyland not had its arm twisted into taking over the almost bankrupt BMC. AEC not mentioned, had they not joined Leyland at that time?

Leyland acquired AEC in 1962, so the brochure pre-dated the takeover by a few months.

windrush:

pete smith:
Hi Dean

Pete.

Morning Pete,
I think S.J.Bargh bought the milk collection side of the business, not sure if they are still running the tippers on the brewers grains? Cheer’s Pete

Carl Williams:

DEANB:

So interesting Dean, as years go by I had forgotten the history, makes you wonder what might have been today, had Leyland not had its arm twisted into taking over the almost bankrupt BMC. AEC not mentioned, had they not joined Leyland at that time?

Yes its a cracking brochure in my opinion Carl ! :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Never heard of Tricentrol builders merchants. Anyone know where they were based ■■

I don’t know what became of them, but Tricentrol was a big outfit in its day, not only builders merchants but also motor dealerships, and even coach sales I think. I’ve a vague recollection that the HQ was in Luton, but I’m not certain

Thanks for the input Chris. :smiley:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
The Scammell Townsman was announced in 1964 to supercede the Scarab.

Nice to see the Smith of Maddiston Routeman 2,a cab design before its time.

David

Hello Dave, if you do a search for Scammell Routeman in the search box on this thread you will find alot
of articles/brochures on the Routeman chap. :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean

Thanks for the name Pete,that was a misleading pic as you ould have thought they had depots in Devon
and Cornwall looking at the bumper. :wink:

oiltreader:
On the Leyland theme, the 400 engine and that manifold was about as good as the cab heating got.
Oily

Cheers Oily,nice pic ! :wink:

Bewick:
“DEANB”

That is an interesting shot of what is obviously a new T. Brady & Sons Ltd Beaver shot at the British Cellophane site at Barrow the date of which would have been August 1961. The fleet records show that HEO 333 was new into service on 18/8/1961 and it was scrapped on 23/11/1969 it would have had the Leyland 600 engine. Cheers Bewick.

Thanks for the info Dennis,good stuff chap ! :smiley: I think i have an article sonewhere on Brady’s will see if
i can find it chap. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB” A bit about the Scammell Mechanical Horse Scarab and Townsman.

Hi Dean ,love those scarabs ,Bulmers had several that ferried between the 2 Hereford factories .
Good to see Ken Jones from Newport in your Welsh line up ,they really took pride in thier fleet and sadly missed .
Have to say did not know much about Elliot Blackmore Shrewsbury, but had fine looking Fodens ,regards Keith

Yes a cracking bit of Transport history and they are great looking little motors Keith ! :wink:

Corgi produced one.

corgi.jpg

gingerfold:

Carl Williams:

DEANB:

Leyland acquired AEC in 1962, so the brochure pre-dated the takeover by a few months.

Thanks for the comment Graham. :wink:

pete smith:
“windrush”] Hi Dean

Pete.
Morning Pete,
I think S.J.Bargh bought the milk collection side of the business, not sure if they are still running the tippers on the brewers grains? Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for your comments “windrush” and Pete ! :smiley:

One for you Pete Smith.

An Appleby’s mighty 142 Scania ! :wink:

DEANB:
One for you Pete Smith.

Cheer’s Dean, cracking pic!

pete smith:

DEANB:
One for you Pete Smith.

Cheer’s Dean, cracking pic!

:wink:

Some good old firms in this article. Chris Webb check out the Albright & Wilson Octopus ! :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Some Welsh border pics.

Kevin Cahill MAN.

Frenni Volvo.

P1360994p.JPG

H & N Bound Volvo bulker.

P1360912.JPG

South Wales Wood Recycling Volvo.

H.Morgan DAF.

P1370418p.JPG

Golder Scania.

P1380216p.JPG

A.E.Gough & Sons Scania.

Chris Blandford DAF bulker.

Cracking Scania of T Alun Jones.

P1400215p.JPG

Anyone know where the PJV Man is from ■■?

Anyone recognise the Volvo F88 ■■? Possibly an owner driver ?

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

ARC Leyland Bison.

Shell Roadtrain.

Furness Seddon Atkinson 401. That name rings a bell seen here leaving Ferndown heading towards
Poole, probably to Christopher’s Hills Mill. Anyone remember where Furnell were from ■■?

Not sure where E.G.Eccles Mercedes was from ■■?

Western BRS ERF.

Jays of Atherton Foden.

Henery Bros Transport DAF from Hull.

Killingbeck Atkinson.I expect Chris will no about this motor.

Morning DEANB,
The Maggie 8 wheeler was a vehicle I had the dubious pleasure of driving for a few months in early
1984. It was a V reg for Armstrong Cork at their Gateshead factory carrying gravel, slag & factory
waste to landfill. One thing I will say is that it was very good when the going was soft, but other than
that I never really warmed to it, & this from a man who at a previous employer drove a Foden
8 wheeler with a 180 Gardner for 2 years which I got new, loved the Foden
Regards pushrod 47

DEANB:
Killingbeck Atkinson.I expect Chris will no about this motor.

Yes indeed :laughing:

Paul caught it one time as well:

UTF 460H.jpg

It was new to W & J Riding: scroll down on this page of the wonderful Riding website for photos and details:

wjriding.webs.com/atkinsonmkii.htm

DEANB:
Some Welsh border pics.

Kevin Cahill MAN.

Frenni Volvo.

H.Morgan DAF.

Golder Scania.

A.E.Gough & Sons Scania.

hi Dean ,cheers for the Corgi Scarab ,bet thats worth a bob or to !
Great Welsh shots Frenni impressive fleet from Crymmch Pembrokeshire ,.Harry Morgan from Cwm Ebbw Vale former steel haulier his depot the old BRS depot .
Chris Blandford heading for Newport docks are from Pontrilas and haul out of the former Sun Valley mill at Allensmore nr Hereford, regards Keith

DEANB:
Some Welsh and border motors.

Owens Volvo.

Charles Footman Foden. Where were they based ■■

S.M.Davies Scania.

A.Evans & Son tidy 143 Scania.

Ken Jones Transport DAF.

C.G.A.Transport MAN from Shropshire.

C.L.Jeffs DAF. Not sure where they are based ■■

Elliott Blackmore ERF from Shropshire. Dont think we have had one of these on here before ■■ Where are they
based Trevor/Keith ■■

J.G.Haulage DAF.

Heres one for “Punchy Dan”. Cracking looking Foden hard at it for Les Hughes & Son. Anyone know where
they were based ■■

hello DEAN ,Les Hughes are from Kerry near Newtown ,they now run Renaults as well long established timber hauliers .
A E Evans from Bishops Castle Shropshire ,that scania is still owned in preservation ,again timber hauliers from nearby Ransfords sawmill .
Yes Blackmore were from Bicton Heath ,used to have 8wheel Foden tankers hauling out of Minsterley and Crudgington dairies ,Blackmores depot i believe now has been earmarked for the Shrewsbury northern relief road .
Charles Footman used to be a very nice fleet ,but now very bland they would sometimes backload from British Tissues Wrexham .
Dean ,Paul certainly has a liking for T Alun Jones ,perhaps he should base himself on the Welshpool by pass ,he would not be disappointed for Mid ,West wales hauliers ,thank you Trevor

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Some Welsh border pics.

Kevin Cahill MAN.

Frenni Volvo.

H.Morgan DAF.

Golder Scania.

A.E.Gough & Sons Scania.

hi Dean ,cheers for the Corgi Scarab ,bet thats worth a bob or to !
Great Welsh shots Frenni impressive fleet from Crymmch Pembrokeshire ,.Harry Morgan from Cwm Ebbw Vale former steel haulier his depot the old BRS depot .
Chris Blandford heading for Newport docks are from Pontrilas and haul out of the former Sun Valley mill at Allensmore nr Hereford, regards Keith

Hello Dean and Keith …yes i agree Frenni up their with the likes of Mansel Davies and D Jenkins of Lampeter …they take the name from the highest peak in the Preseli range …bet our Dean already knew that …awesome stuff …lol Geraint

Hi Dean the company Furness were from New Milton, Hants IIRC and I think they did fruit loads out of 105 berth in the docks when I was doing that job but that’s a while ago now and the memory cells are not as bright as they once were, Buzzer.