PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
A bit about the Scammell Mechanical Horse Scarab and Townsman.

Anyone know anything about the raised axle ■■ Not seen that before.

Hi Dean, The raised wheel on the Ex Great Western Railway Scammell is probably its spare wheel. Regards, Ray.

Hi Dean,
Charles Footman are still very much with us at their base in Llanpumsaint,north of Carmarthen.They run DAF now.The CGA Transport MAN is my old mate Glyn Ashley,looks like he’s heading home to Shrewsbury after coming through Bayston Hill.Keep em comin please…
Regards Andrew.

883E0E42-AD63-4B7E-8FB9-062F11536955.jpeg

Hi Dean,
I mist you posting this Chapman’s Scania been busy :smiley:
Chapman’s are now part of the Fox Group…Chapman’s were part of the Britannia Group also before Matthew Chapman and family retired in the last 15 years…so Roy and Paul Fox bought the good Chapman’s name to run along side there Fox name in Cardiff and Newport.

Regards Mark

P1430055p.JPG.jpg

Possibly Square grip ? there colours were similar

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

That is Chris Webb on a dodgy night out!

L0593p.JPG

Morning Dean,
This Scarab was new to Star Aluminium based in Wolverhampton and also had a factory in Bridgnorth Shropshire. They manufactured tin foil, pie cases etc. The Wolverhampton factory is long gone and Bridgnorth is as shadow of its former self, I think some of it is due for demolishing as I have sited some skips in there last week :frowning:
Our departed friend Saviem used to own a Scarab complete with trailer and he used it to fetch building materials for his farm, very brave man travelling down those lanes with those very poor brakes, especially with 2 packs of bricks on and some timber! Cheer’s Pete

A04837p.JPG

Hi Dean,
Blackmores where form Bicton Heath near Shrewsbury,They worked their fleet very hard!

windrush:
That Scammell Townsman of Harveys of Bristol used to regularly travel the A4 through Reading on its way to London, pre M4 of course.

Pete.

That was a fair old trip Pete ,when you think the engine was only between 39-45 bhp, cant have been that
fast ! :laughing:

ianto:
“DEANB” Some Welsh and border motors.

Charles Footman Foden. Where were they based ??Charles Footman based at LLanpumpsaint near to Carmarthen still going does general haulage and hay and straw Look like box culverts on the trailer out of ALBION Concrete/Hansons Llangadog which closed in early 2000s

Thanks for the info Ian ,Paul sent this other one to me ! :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB” A bit about the Scammell Mechanical Horse Scarab and Townsman.

Anyone know anything about the raised axle ■■ Not seen that before.

Hi Dean, The raised wheel on the Ex Great Western Railway Scammell is probably its spare wheel. Regards, Ray.

Never thought of that Ray ! :unamused: Had a look through all my pics etc and thats the only one i can
see with a spare wheel in that position. :laughing:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Charles Footman are still very much with us at their base in Llanpumsaint,north of Carmarthen.They run DAF now.The CGA Transport MAN is my old mate Glyn Ashley,looks like he’s heading home to Shrewsbury after coming through Bayston Hill.Keep em comin please…
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the comments Andrew,always nice when you see someone you know ! :wink:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
I mist you posting this Chapman’s Scania been busy :smiley:
Chapman’s are now part of the Fox Group…Chapman’s were part of the Britannia Group also before Matthew Chapman and family retired in the last 15 years…so Roy and Paul Fox bought the good Chapman’s name to run along side there Fox name in Cardiff and Newport.

Regards Mark

Thanks for the info Mark, Paul just sent me this DAF took last week ! :laughing:

paulgee chapman p.PNG

robthedog:
Possibly Square grip ? there colours were similar

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

Cheers Rob ! :smiley: :smiley:

pete smith:
That is Chris Webb on a dodgy night out!

Thats a cracker Pete !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Chris Webb on a dodgy night out…never. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
This Scarab was new to Star Aluminium based in Wolverhampton and also had a factory in Bridgnorth Shropshire. They manufactured tin foil, pie cases etc. The Wolverhampton factory is long gone and Bridgnorth is as shadow of its former self, I think some of it is due for demolishing as I have sited some skips in there last week :frowning:
Our departed friend Saviem used to own a Scarab complete with trailer and he used it to fetch building materials for his farm, very brave man travelling down those lanes with those very poor brakes, especially with 2 packs of bricks on and some timber! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete,good stuff chap. :smiley:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Blackmores where form Bicton Heath near Shrewsbury,They worked their fleet very hard!

Your on fire Pete ! :laughing: Paul just sent this one to me. :wink:

DEANB:

Anyone know anything about the raised axle ■■ Not seen that before. Its a spare wheel, :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

An adjustment to the Brightness and Contrast and all becomes clear! :blush: :smiley:

A04627.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:

DEANB:

Anyone know anything about the raised axle ■■ Not seen that before. Its a spare wheel, :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

Cheers Larry. :wink:

Frankydobo:
An adjustment to the Brightness and Contrast and all becomes clear! :blush: :smiley:

:wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”
You will be pleased to hear that Paul has been away to Newport again last week. :smiley:

Hey Dean thats great news ,he must love the place ! but i guess its the best place for action . has Paul come across MDW haulage from Nash road they had a couple of German ERFs in a eye catching graffiti style livery ? thanx MT

“MT” You asked about MDW Haulage. Heres a few,cant say i like the graffiti style personally. :unamused:

paulgee mdw3 p.jpg

A Leyland Motors Group brochure from 1962,which is very intresting.

Click on pages twice to read.

leyland motors2.jpg

leyland motors3.jpg

leyland motors6.jpg

leyland motors7.jpg

leyland motors8.jpg

leyland motors9.jpg

leyland motors10.jpg

leyland motors11.jpg

leyland motors12.jpg

leyland motors13.jpg

leyland motors14.jpg

leyland motors15.jpg

leyland motors16.jpg

leyland motors17.jpg

leyland motors18.jpg

leyland motors20.jpg

leyland motors22.jpg

leyland motors23.jpg

leyland motors24.jpg

leyland motors25.jpg

leyland motors26.jpg

Mercedes looks like one of H.J.Cutlers’s from Poole. Ceased trading along time ago now.

Esso Seddon Atkinson.

Never heard of Tricentrol builders merchants. Anyone know where they were based ■■

Anyone recognise the ERF bulker,from Devon or Cornwall ■■?

Abbey Hill Fiat.

Fina Leyland Buffalo tanker. I take it someone took over Fina as dont recall seeing one for years ■■

Selby Maggie tipper. They were popular as a tipper,anyone on here drive one ?

Ryvita ERF returning to its base in Parkstone.

Greenwoods Foden with another load of Zanussi appliances from Poole docks.

LPG Transport Volvo F7 tanker.

Readymix ERF.

P8100018p.JPG

Carmel Driving School ERF.

P8120041p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

P8120047p.JPG

Charles Gee & Co MAN.

P8120049p.JPG

William Hockin Volvo.

P8120109p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania livestock truck ■■

P8120115p.JPG

Tarmac DAF.

P8130115p.JPG

Countrywide Volvo.

P8150001p.JPG

Commodor Haulage DAF.

P8150002p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

P8150070p.JPG

DEANB:
A Leyland Motors Group brochure from 1962,which is very intresting.

So interesting Dean, as years go by I had forgotten the history, makes you wonder what might have been today, had Leyland not had its arm twisted into taking over the almost bankrupt BMC. AEC not mentioned, had they not joined Leyland at that time?

DEANB:
Never heard of Tricentrol builders merchants. Anyone know where they were based ■■

I don’t know what became of them, but Tricentrol was a big outfit in its day, not only builders merchants but also motor dealerships, and even coach sales I think. I’ve a vague recollection that the HQ was in Luton, but I’m not certain

DEANB:
The Scammell Townsman was announced in 1964 to supercede the Scarab.

Scammell also developed a four wheel Scarab in 1962.

Nice to see the Smith of Maddiston Routeman 2,a cab design before its time.

David