PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:
Dean is taking a well earned break away from the computer at the moment and i don’t blame him, as he does have another life away from Trucknet.

Most users on here do not realise the time and effort required to scan, collate and download the vast amount of material that Dean has posted over the last last couple of years .

When he comes back may be some members who ‘just look in and never leave a single comment’ will appreciate his outstanding efforts a bit more.

+1

Bewick:
Spot on MML ! I’ve made the same comments in previous posts about the number of “silent nosey [zb]” that are always looking in but are too idle or illiterate to join in and post comment ! but I just sum them up as members of the " been nowhere and done nowt" crowd ! You are quite right that Dean is to be congratulated for all the diligent work over countless hours he has put in posting his Pal’s many hundreds of fine shots of motors from yesteryear !Cheers Dennis.

100% behind you on that Bewick! Robert

I agree with all he puts stuff on like most of us we complement with a reply and banter ,some do not comment that is not on

moomooland:
Dean is taking a well earned break away from the computer at the moment and i don’t blame him, as he does have another life away from Trucknet.

Most users on here do not realise the time and effort required to scan, collate and download the vast amount of material that Dean has posted over the last last couple of years .

When he comes back may be some members who ‘just look in and never leave a single comment’ will appreciate his outstanding efforts a bit more.

Hi Paul, what happened to the model trucks on display in Oldham depot when it closed

Have to concur with you lads on the subject of Dean & Paul making this thread most interesting not only reminding us of yesteryear but up to date pictures as well, many occasions I have recognised trucks and put names to them to assist Dean and he always thanks anyone who does make that effort. The only problem is it just sometimes makes me feel how old I am as a lot of these companies posted in picture form I remember working along side yet lots of them are no longer in existence but that’s the way of the world I am afraid, many thanks go to team Dean & Paul foe this excellent thread, keep em comeing cheers Buzzer.

I`ll second that Buzzer

Yes I would say the photos DEAN and Paul post are wonderful , Dean knows are like seeing the BRS photos and I always thank him for posting them .

As I collect Brs Oxford depot photos (I have hundreds in my collection) I use to always share on the Brs page but got very limited thanks ,so now I just post on my Brs Oxford face book page ,mainly to the ex Oxford depot staff who follow my page ,some of the photos were bought but many were begged from the ex staff ,so some had never been on internet before .

Daily look at this thread a must, thanks to Dean, Paul and Mark, also not forgetting the support Dean gives to other threads.
Sorting and posting, scanning of mag articles etc is very time consuming, a labour of love to please others, We need a “Like” button.
Oily

I agree totally with the above comments. I look at this thread each day, and I am pleased with the
variety of lorry types and companies, large and small. If I have an answer to one of Deans questions,
e.g " Does anybody recognise this lorry/company", Dean always acknowledges the reply. Thanks Dean.
Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

^^ Absolutely agree. The forum would be a worse place without the likes of Dean & the other regular contributors.

Couple more whilst on tickover.
Oily

Retired Old ■■■■:
^^ Absolutely agree. The forum would be a worse place without the likes of Dean & the other regular contributors.

That …goes for me too …Geraint

kenfig bill:

Retired Old ■■■■:

That …goes for me too …Geraint

Well said Rof, couldn’t agree more

Keith

moomooland:

Well said, Paul, and you should know, because you post volumes of stuff on t’interweb yourself, and always with loads of informative text

One or two of my photos - please be gentle, all I had for years was my mother’s handed down Kodak Brownie 127!

oiltreader:
Daily look at this thread a must, thanks to Dean, Paul and Mark, also not forgetting the support Dean gives to other threads.
Sorting and posting, scanning of mag articles etc is very time consuming, a labour of love to please others, We need a “Like” button.
Oily

Hi oily, sorry i disagree, a “like” button is a cop out for a proper reaction.
For all the work Dean puts in, a click on “like” is unbelievably cheap, sory mate no offence intended. Harvey

Thanks to Dean and Paul,they have brought back some memories,especially as two of the wagons I drove have been posted.
I hope Dean has a nice quiet break,he deserves it,posting all those photos will be hard work,plus he always answers comments made. :smiley:

Thanks Dean and Paul.

Few oldies from my collection.
Scania 113.360 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
SH Hino by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Hino GD by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
FL10 Volvo by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
139 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr

0081 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Ex UK F12.
0102 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Shanahans hacker.
0103 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr