PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

F.G.Wilson Generators Dennison. They were pretty rare.

A03588p.JPG

A03877p.JPG

Article.

Click on pages twice to read.

Dennison road test.

Pics from 2002.

Anyone recognise the Scania. Has a private number plate ?

P3010050p.JPG

Tibbett & Britten Volvo.

P4030112p.JPG

Harlow Group DAF.

P4040016p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P4040077p.JPG

Comag Scania.

P8150034p.JPG

Stiller Volvo.

P8150035p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

P8150042p.JPG

LeisureCP ERF

P8150050p.JPG

Tarmac Volvo.

P8150079.JPG

DFDS Volvo.

P8150104p.JPG

ARC Routeman.

Linden Haulage Volvo. Anyone know where they were based ■■?

L4375p.JPG

Huntsman Ales Mercedes.

United Molasses Foden.

C.F.Denby Iveco.

L4429.JPG

Some good data on the Dennison unit there Dean. I posted a few items with pics on the 9-sp Fuller thread a while back - it’s about half way down the page: here’s the link

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=112191&start=390

Robert

Hi dean ,the erf has a David Thomas sketty which was illtyd thomas trailer behind it ,the stiller carline that was Wyndham Roberts truck

Hi Dean.

I’m guessing that the Foden unit is one of the Steetley Group,got the right livery,it’s pulling an acid tank and Steetley did take over Berk Spencer Acids.

DEANB:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“Buzzer”
Did Bulmer’s not have some as well IIRC, Buzzer

Yes, Bulmers had a fleet of day cabbed F10s. One of my pals, Gerry Taylor bought one for a bulk tipper job and was well pleased with it. Not so pleased as he became with his next motor- an F12 from North Wales with a sleeper cab! BTW, I am old enough to remember Bulmers having a fleet of Fodens with 150 Gardners.

Heres a few more of Bulmers finest. They ran their Volvos hard and often treble shifted.

I have posted 2 articles about Bulmers on pages 122 and 191 for anyone intrested.

Heres another article. “ROF” it mentions the Fodens. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi Dean ,thank you .very interesting read ,loved the Bulmers Mickey Mouse Fodens ! regards Keith

ERF-NGC-European:
Some good data on the Dennison unit there Dean. I posted a few items with pics on the 9-sp Fuller thread a while back - it’s about half way down the page: here’s the link

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=112191&start=390

Robert

:wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,the erf has a David Thomas sketty which was illtyd thomas trailer behind it ,the stiller carline that was Wyndham Roberts truck

Thanks for the info John. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

I’m guessing that the Foden unit is one of the Steetley Group,got the right livery,it’s pulling an acid tank and Steetley did take over Berk Spencer Acids.

Thanks for the info Chris. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
I have posted 2 articles about Bulmers on pages 122 and 191 for anyone intrested.

Hi Dean ,thank you .very interesting read ,loved the Bulmers Mickey Mouse Fodens ! regards Keith

Glad you liked it Keith,did you read the other 2 articles. :wink:

Willmotts DAF.

A02367.JPG

Click on pages twice.

Article from 1966.

Some oldies from the Steam Fair.

L2185p.JPG

L2195p.JPG

L2192p.JPG

L2193p.JPG

L2202p.JPG

L2198p.JPG

L2205p.JPG

L2207p.JPG

L2206p.JPG

L2208p.JPG

Anyone recognise the LHD DAF ■■

L2183p.JPG

E.F.phillips Volvo F10 from Parkstone,Poole.

L2212p.JPG

Greenwoods DAF.

L2222p.JPG

Karrier.

L1510p.JPG

Hino tipper looks rough for a demonstrator.

L1508p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 taken at Poole docks ■■?

L1469p.JPG

AEC wrecker taken at Poole docks and operated by Furnells.

L1468.JPG

Corrals Mercedes tanker. Taken at there Poole yard.

L1465p.JPG

John Weaver Foden.

L1459p.JPG

Ryecrofts F89,from Poole.

L1421.JPG

DEANB:
ARC Routeman.

Linden Haulage Volvo. Anyone know where they were based ■■?

Huntsman Ales Mercedes.

United Molasses Foden.

C.F.Denby Iveco.

The United Molasses tanker is pulling up Lances Hill in Southampton. The side road the photographer is stood beside is Maple Rd.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Morning Dean,
A little volvo ■■■■ this morning. Harvey

The Mair Volvo F88 is an ex Reed Transport motor…TKL 868N was part of an order for several F88’s which were quite unusual as they were day cabs.

Ex Reed Transport Volvo F88 day cab.

And when with Reeds…

smallcoal:

Paul John:

smallcoal:
Another from the book a very bad one

Hi John. IIRC this load was out of Natural Gas Tubes Tredegar. I had loaded and chained a 40ft trailer the night before and my cousin took it to the midlands the following morning.
He past this accident, which if it is the one I am thinking of happened on the old Abergavenny to Raglan road. It was about 40 years ago as I was19/20 waiting to get my class 1.
The winds up there in Tafarnaubach would have you freezing in no time at all, not forgetting the rain as well. I would use our F86 to bring the load down the estate, slowly and back it into Powerfab’s building. Plenty of light, no wind or rain, get it chained and sometimes sheeted ready for the morning. Nigel would switch trailers early next morning and I’d reload that one. You really had to stop and tighten those chains religiously.

Hi Paul John ,ngt I used to pull out with tdw hated winter up there cold as hell good job for night heaters to warm you up how’s things with you hope all ok :smiley:

Hi John. I’m doing ok thanks. Four weeks into a hip replacement, heading to the Bahamas in a few minutes as next week I’m back in work. I wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to work, but having all this time off is harder to deal with than I expected. I guess I function better with a regular routine.
Hope all is well with you, take it easy.

Paul

Hi everyone
Do you have pictures of foreign trucks from the 70s and 80s?
especially from these states:
-Italy
-France
-Spain
-Etc.
I thank you all !!!
regards
MIMMO :smiley:

DEANB:
Dennison road test.

hello DEAN ,Chester Car Carriers had a Dennison ,would Paul have taken any ? thank you Trevor