PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ianto:
Hello MANTRONIC Trevor Davies Atkinson was sold at his closing down sale to his ex driver later transport manager nickname of SOOTY cant remember his proper name . Dont know where it is now Tevor Davies also in the early days ran a longwheel base Bedford TK tipper i think was ex Llandeilo Builders Merchants Phill Marks is first lorry with Trevor Davies who was also an agricultural merchant as well as haulage contractor

Hello ianto ,thanx for reply ,do you remember the Jones’s from Broadoak Carmarthen ,they had T45 Roadtrains hauling out of Alcoa Gowerton ? .Wondered what had happened to them .
Hey DEAN ,those Owens pics were awesome ! those Atkis with the single axel trailers hauled seat frames to Longbridge and Cowley 24/7 with W Morgan (who you have featured ) from Ystradgynlais doing the same work with drivers in Hay on Wye and Talgarth .
Dont think you have posted DM Davies Dryslwyn Carmarthen before ,that SedAtk did a lot of animal feed between BOCM Carmarthen and Liverpool docks ,as i say DEAN awesome stuff thanx a bunch ,MT

Morning Dean,the hoyer Volvo ,looks like one of m bevans scania behind him also look in the back by the shops looks like a Bedford tow truck

tastrucker:
hello DEAN ,and thank you for another Caddies ,truth to tell im not sure myself whether they had any F12 Volvos ,will have to do a little detective work for you .
They did have one F89 that was lhd ,thank you Trevor

I have seen pics of the F89 i wonder why they only bought one. Pretty sure they never had F12’s as i dont ever recall seeing one. Big fleet of F10’s FL10’s. :wink:

bluenosebulls:
Good day all, Im still trying to search for any pictures of Cadbury’s crumb transporters from the 1990’s which im still certain they used volvo fl10’s but i am starting to doubt, as i am drawing a complete blank, ive seen the pictures of the roadtrain and bedford pictures, they are not dissimulator, im sure they ran tri axle versions. Or even who would of had the distribution contract during the 90’s. thanks

I will have a word with Paul and see if he has any. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
"ianto"Hello MANTRONIC Trevor Davies Atkinson was sold at his closing down sale to his ex driver later transport manager nickname of SOOTY cant remember his proper name . Dont know where it is now Tevor Davies also in the early days ran a longwheel base Bedford TK tipper i think was ex Llandeilo Builders Merchants Phill Marks is first lorry with Trevor Davies who was also an agricultural merchant as well as haulage contractor

Hello ianto ,thanx for reply ,do you remember the Jones’s from Broadoak Carmarthen ,they had T45 Roadtrains hauling out of Alcoa Gowerton ? .Wondered what had happened to them .
Hey DEAN ,those Owens pics were awesome ! those Atkis with the single axel trailers hauled seat frames to Longbridge and Cowley 24/7 with W Morgan (who you have featured ) from Ystradgynlais doing the same work with drivers in Hay on Wye and Talgarth .
Dont think you have posted DM Davies Dryslwyn Carmarthen before ,that SedAtk did a lot of animal feed between BOCM Carmarthen and Liverpool docks ,as i say DEAN awesome stuff thanx a bunch ,MT

Thanks for the comments “MT” ,Paul and Mark certainly got a few Welsh motors between them. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Morning Dean,the hoyer Volvo ,looks like one of m bevans scania behind him also look in the back by the shops looks like a Bedford tow truck

Those Bedfords were everywhere John ! :laughing:

DEANB:

tastrucker:
hello DEAN ,and thank you for another Caddies ,truth to tell im not sure myself whether they had any F12 Volvos ,will have to do a little detective work for you .
They did have one F89 that was lhd ,thank you Trevor

I have seen pics of the F89 i wonder why they only bought one. Pretty sure they never had F12’s as i dont ever recall seeing one. Big fleet of F10’s FL10’s. :wink:

bluenosebulls:
Good day all, Im still trying to search for any pictures of Cadbury’s crumb transporters from the 1990’s which im still certain they used volvo fl10’s but i am starting to doubt, as i am drawing a complete blank, ive seen the pictures of the roadtrain and bedford pictures, they are not dissimulator, im sure they ran tri axle versions. Or even who would of had the distribution contract during the 90’s. thanks

I will have a word with Paul and see if he has any. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
"ianto"Hello MANTRONIC Trevor Davies Atkinson was sold at his closing down sale to his ex driver later transport manager nickname of SOOTY cant remember his proper name . Dont know where it is now Tevor Davies also in the early days ran a longwheel base Bedford TK tipper i think was ex Llandeilo Builders Merchants Phill Marks is first lorry with Trevor Davies who was also an agricultural merchant as well as haulage contractor

Thanks for the comments “MT” ,Paul and Mark certainly got a few Welsh motors between them. :smiley:

smallcoal:

Those Bedfords were everywhere John ! :laughing:

Cheers DeanB, i did ask the question a while back and there was a bedford tm version kindly uploaded, its the newer ones im searching for, you would of thought i would found atleast one on google etc.lol

tastrucker Caddy was great mates with Jim Rawlings of A.S.Rawlings from Alton and they ran lots of F89’s so may be it was Jim who influenced the buy or maybe second hand from ASR. those two used to go on holiday together to the USA and Jim told me one day that Caddy would try and barter the price even in a diner and when they hired a car he wanted a cheap version but Jim said we are on our hols lets have a Cadillac, cheers Buzzer

Some USA fridge motors.

Kenworth.

L0983p.JPG

Freightliner.

L1001p.JPG

Ford.

L1013p.JPG

Kenworth.

L1016p.JPG

GMC

L1046p.JPG

Peterbilt.

L1068p.JPG

White.

L1106p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■?

DCP_0949p.JPG

Viridor MAN

DCP_0985p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■

DCP_1112p.JPG

Glendinning ERF

DCP_1170p.JPG

Sierra Windows DAF

DCP_1178p.JPG

Some Welsh motors.

Paul Evans Scania.

P1230777p.JPG

Gower Plant Hire MAN.

Camps Transport MAN,Port Talbot.

Think it says Dryslwyn on the sun visor ■■?

Dyfed Steels Scania.

P1230951p.JPG

Some old Tesco trucks.

Leyland.

A03371p.JPG

ERF

L1751p.JPG

ERF

L1843p.JPG

Leyland

L1794p.JPG

Tesco article from 1963

Vitafoam.

Volvo F86

A03135.JPG

A couple of Blue Darts pulling for Vitafoam.

A02320.JPG

2017-07-20 19.48.52.jpg

Article from 1970 about Vitafoam and W.T. Noble hauliers.Some one may know but i think Noble were bought out by Vitafoam and renamed
Blue Dart Transport ?

Click on pages twice.

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

A04495p.JPG

Irish Hino.

A04430p.JPG

Never heard of these before. Framick Freight Fiat.

A04443p.JPG

J.B.Wheaton Volvo F12 going through Dorchester.

A04410p.JPG

Another company long gone. Blandford & Webb ERF who had a mill on the industrial estate in Blandford Forum.

A04413p.JPG

You get some strange names on trucks. Island Motor Salvage Marathon.

A04414p.JPG

R.A.Gander Seddon Atkinson.

A04389p.JPG

F.R.Chetwynd DAF. Bit of an unusual trailer ?

A04396p.JPG

France Freight Mercedes.Dont remember seeing one of these before.

A04267p.JPG

Burt Volvo F7

A04268p.JPG

Here’s an axle set up I’ve not seen before Dean , last week in South Korea.

Yes ^^^ there were some of these around Dean. It appears to be a Merc NG 1617 (or perhaps a 1619) day-cabbed 24-tonner with a (probably Primrose conversion) lift-axle. The lifts were certainly around in the late '70s. Robert

A04267p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

Irish Hino.

J.B.Wheaton Volvo F12 going through Dorchester.

Another company long gone. Blandford & Webb ERF who had a mill on the industrial estate in Blandford Forum.

You get some strange names on trucks. Island Motor Salvage Marathon.

R.A.Gander Seddon Atkinson.

France Freight Mercedes.Dont remember seeing one of these before.

Burt Volvo F7

Hello DEAN ,F R Chetwynd were from Llanarth near Aberaeron ,they were hide and skin merchants ,hauling them to Spain for the leather industry ,not sure if the are still in business , Ianto will probably know .
Enjoying the currant South Wales scene Paul is providing ,thanx MT

Dean…The white MAN with the block trailer on the previous page is I think Evans Transport after taking over Frank Tucker
and the trailer is a ex Tuckers, it does look the right colour.
Also their dealership changed from ERF to MAN.
Cheers Norman.

Buzzer:
tastrucker Caddy was great mates with Jim Rawlings of A.S.Rawlings from Alton and they ran lots of F89’s so may be it was Jim who influenced the buy or maybe second hand from ASR. those two used to go on holiday together to the USA and Jim told me one day that Caddy would try and barter the price even in a diner and when they hired a car he wanted a cheap version but Jim said we are on our hols lets have a Cadillac, cheers Buzzer

Hello buzzer and Dean ,the Caddy F89 ,was NNT…M ? it was the only example and from what i can make out they did not have any F12s, and the Scanias were all 111s ,thank you Trevor

Look at the state of that tilt on the FIAT vostapo or DVSA would have a field day with that

tastrucker:

Buzzer:

Hello buzzer and Dean ,the Caddy F89 ,was NNT…M ? it was the only example and from what i can make out they did not have any F12s, and the Scanias were all 111s ,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor ,Caddies had a few DAFs as well would see them loading up at Llanwern ,and a Knighton based driver had one regards Keith

Cliff luxton:
Here’s an axle set up I’ve not seen before Dean , last week in South Korea.

Looks like the back axle steers and possibly lifts Cliff. I wonder what the gross weight is for that motor in South Korea ? :unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:
Yes ^^^ there were some of these around Dean. It appears to be a Merc NG 1617 (or perhaps a 1619) day-cabbed 24-tonner with a (probably Primrose conversion) lift-axle. The lifts were certainly around in the late '70s. Robert

:wink:

MANTRONIC:

Hello DEAN ,F R Chetwynd were from Llanarth near Aberaeron ,they were hide and skin merchants ,hauling them to Spain for the leather industry ,not sure if the are still in business , Ianto will probably know .
Enjoying the currant South Wales scene Paul is providing ,thanx MT

Remember them now “MT” .Lots used to go out through Poole. I am sure there was another large skin merchant in Wales that used to
send them to Spain as well. :wink:

Dog tired:
Dean…The white MAN with the block trailer on the previous page is I think Evans Transport after taking over Frank Tucker
and the trailer is a ex Tuckers, it does look the right colour.
Also their dealership changed from ERF to MAN.
Cheers Norman.

Thanks for info Norman. A couple of Frank Tucker adverts. :smiley:

tastrucker:
“Buzzer” tastrucker Caddy was great mates with Jim Rawlings of A.S.Rawlings from Alton and they ran lots of F89’s so may be it was Jim who influenced the buy or maybe second hand from ASR. those two used to go on holiday together to the USA and Jim told me one day that Caddy would try and barter the price even in a diner and when they hired a car he wanted a cheap version but Jim said we are on our hols lets have a Cadillac, cheers Buzzer

There are some pics of a “R” reg one thats been preserved Trevor on the net,but dont know if it was an original Caddies one. :unamused:

robthedog:

Look at the state of that tilt on the FIAT vostapo or DVSA would have a field day with that

:laughing: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“tastrucker”

Hi Trevor ,Caddies had a few DAFs as well would see them loading up at Llanwern ,and a Knighton based driver had one regards Keith
[/quote]
:wink:

Chris Webb & Colin may find this intresting.

Conoco tankers.

L2148p.JPG

L2176p.JPG

We have had some nice rigid tankers on here.

A01899.JPG

A02006.JPG

A02143.JPG

A02293.JPG

A02407.JPG

A02626.JPG

A02915.JPG

A01583.JPG

Maidment rigid tanker brochure.

maidment tankers.jpg

maidment tankers1.jpg