PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

P8150078p.JPG

P5300029p.JPG

P8050100p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Album pics. Not my pics.

Bulwark Seddon Atkinson. I dont know why it was not the normal green,maybe on some sort of contract.

“moomooland” Paul i expect you have this pic.

R.J.Riding Seddon Atkinson.

FredK Ray Marathons.

P&O Leyland Cruiser.

T.French Volvo FL10 bulker.

George Allinson Volvo FL10.

Hansons Atkinson bulk tanker.

Delta Bedford TM.

Robinson Bros ERF.

Unusual chinese 6 of ERMEC ERF

Tank Freight Mercedes. Dont remember seeing them in Texaco’s colours before.

Phil Horridge’s ERF from Poole.

Anyone recognise the colour scheme on the Volvo F10 ■■ Seen here passing Poole hospital.

Ian Frisby Mercedes.

ARC Routeman.

DEANB:
W.J.Riding Seddon Atkinson.

Seddon10 W & J Riding c p.jpg Cheers Dean thanks for that, like you say i already have this picture on the Riding’s site.

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No FFV 680S Fleet No 91 ‘Western Star’ was registered new on the 1st of March 1978 at a cost of £18,613 and 63p.

Powered by a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine in line with a Fuller 9509 gearbox and Eaton 19320 rear axle it was driven from new by Jack Kelly.

Pictured above parked up on the M62 Hartshead Moor service area It is coupled up to one of Riding’s trademark 1450 cubic foot Crane Fruehauf tandem axle powder tankers carrying Corvic plastic granules for ICI.

After being in the fleet for eight years FFV 680S was scrapped and the Gardner 240 engine was removed and sold on to local dealer Syd Hartley for £1,700.

kmills:
Gary Charlwood was based in Sandwich. He ran a handful of trucks from the 1970’s, doing mostly traction work from Dover & Ramsgate. Eventually, in the late 90’s / early 2000’s he was in a spot of bother with the ‘Ministry’. By then the majority of his work was with Eric Mattheeuws from Veurne, Belgium, so Charlwood became Mattheeuws Uk, based in Dover.

I also remember Gary, I worked out of Sandwich (Stonar) for a while for a colleague of his, Paul Coomber. About 30 years ago. I know he became (or was bought out by) Matheeuws but that was after my time down there.

Hi dean,cracking pics of Owens you Paul and mark never disappoint hers some more courtesy of Ron and Chris,and bubblepics,the Volvo globetrotter was driven by my best mate Duncan,as you can see he never stuck to one make of truck

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:
Album pics.(Not taken by me)

Glyn S John Atkinson from South Wales.

Still miss seeing Cadwalladers motors on the road. Posted a couple of articles about them on page 146.

Wynns Seddon Diesel.

Colin Vaines & Son Seddon Atkinson.

W.H.Malcolm Leyland.

Robsons of Carlisle Foden.

Meachers B series ERF from Southampton.

Who needs a Scammell Contractor when you can have a mighty Bedford TK ! :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson (Defender ?) loaded with bricks ■■?

Chiltonian Biscuits Bedford TM.

Hello DEAN ,good to to see the Caddies FL ,can we expect more from them,in your new collection ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the colour scheme on the Volvo F10 ■■ Seen here passing Poole hospital.

Ian Frisby Mercedes.

ARC Routeman.

The F10 looks like it could have been one of Barrios or Romac even RJ Matthews definatly a Kent motor I would say

robthedog:

DEANB:

Ian Frisby Mercedes.

ARC Routeman.

The F10 looks like it could have been one of Barrios from the isle of sheppey

Looks like the trailer has a mid mounted crane of sorts, could be an early J.F.Pearce truck, Buzzer

This is a great thread just wish posters could get the hang of editing their quotes which continually break the pages up, like the three above.

moomooland:
This is a great thread just wish posters could get the hang of editing their quotes which continually break the pages up, like the three above.

That’s me and you told off then John

robthedog:

moomooland:

That’s me and you told off then John

You cant please all the punters all the time mate but sometimes we do have information which helps Dean identify the companies the pictures relate too, head down and carryon i say and I have got plenty of time to read all and enjoy, cheers Buzzer.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo F88 ■■?

a couple more photos, including one from Paul, of VHO 106R

A02772.JPG

VHO106R.jpg

regards

Colin

DEANB:
R.S.Hill & Sons Volvo F12. Anyone know where they are from ■■

LCR329Y.jpg

I know Buzzer and Gazza have filled in some of the gaps with RS Hill. here is another one of theirs.

they also own several static home parks. This one is on Holbury near Fawley.

RSHILL.JPG

regards

Colin

Nice to see local caravan park to me my dad drove for Hales Containers back in the day who had a landfill site just behind that park.

Founded in 1885 by John Bradshaw as an agricultural contractor from Gainsborough in Lincolnshire the company is still run by the Bradshaw family today.

One of Bradshaw’s Leyland Comets seen here in 1966 heading East on the A6 while approaching Ardwick Green roundabout in Manchester.

New in October 1981 this ERF ‘B’ Series Reg No YFW 609X must have been among one of the last batch
to be built as the ‘C’ Series was launched the following month.

moomooland:

DEANB:
W.J.Riding Seddon Atkinson.

Cheers Dean thanks for that, like you say i already have this picture on the Riding’s site.

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No FFV 680S Fleet No 91 ‘Western Star’ was registered new on the 1st of March 1978 at a cost of £18,613 and 63p.