PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Watch out the Welsh are coming ! :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Mansell Davies Volvo.Always liked the colour scheme,and they always look tidy even the old Volvo’s they run.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

Tarmac Volvo.

Welsh Volvo.

Roberts Volvo.

Owens Volvo.

Hicks Volvo.

Alan Price Foden.I think they were from South Wales ■■

A.E.Gough & Sons tidy Scania bulker.

Mansel Davies ,still delivering to South Caernarfon creameries on a 24/7 basis ,has to be one of the smartest fleets in Wales ,Trevor

tastrucker:
"DEANB"Another one of A.E.Gough’s from Mid Wales.

Hello Dean ,and always good to see A E Goughs ,thank you Trevor

:wink:

windrush:
“Before my time” my arse!! :laughing: Not a Bedford, it is a Morris WEK 100 5 tonner. Like all BMC trucks from that period the 100, 40/60/80 etc was the payload in cwts (Hundredweights) but I reckon even those measures were “before your time” as well? :wink:
Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thanks Pete, nipper compared to you ! :wink:

kenfig bill:
DEANB"Watch out the Welsh are coming ! :laughing: :laughing:

Hello Dean …yeah love that …the Welsh are coming …never really been away have we !!..lol …Hicks have a depot up in Hereford …Geraint

:laughing: :wink:

tastrucker:
"DEANB"Watch out the Welsh are coming ! :laughing: :laughing:

Mansell Davies Volvo.Always liked the colour scheme,and they always look tidy even the old Volvo’s they run.

Mansel Davies ,still delivering to South Caernarfon creameries on a 24/7 basis ,has to be one of the smartest fleets in Wales ,Trevor

I agree Trevor. :smiley:

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to view.

Bulk Powders 1966

Hey up Dean that’s a name from the past Bulk Powders Midlands
W H D (Dougie) Cullen stared the company with the financial backing of Jack Stirland (Jack was a silent partner as when he sold out to the Transport Development Group in 1964 a condition was that he wasn’t allowed to set up another haulage company so him and Dougie set up Bulk Powders Midlands)
Also Dougie’s wife Mary ran a Transport company called Shire Transport out of the sugar beet factory in Colwick Nottingham
I know it’s a bit of useless information [emoji1303]cheers Gary

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

1964 Leyland trucks.

1968 advert.

ad cm bedford 83 ppg.PNG

RHA Letter 1977.

car 1979 ppg.PNG

Western Roadways. 1976.

L.D.Ward 1977.

1976 advert.

1966 advert.

gazsa401:
"DEANB"Some odds and sods.
Bulk Powders 1966

Hey up Dean that’s a name from the past Bulk Powders Midlands
W H D (Dougie) Cullen stared the company with the financial backing of Jack Stirland (Jack was a silent partner as when he sold out to the Transport Development Group in 1964 a condition was that he wasn’t allowed to set up another haulage company so him and Dougie set up Bulk Powders Midlands)
Also Dougie’s wife Mary ran a Transport company called Shire Transport out of the sugar beet factory in Colwick Nottingham
I know it’s a bit of useless information [emoji1303]cheers Gary

Thanks for the comments Gary,we like useless information ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Another article on bulk.

Click on pages twice to read.

Redland liked there Marathon’s.

Click on page twice to read.

L1440p.JPG

L1561p.JPG

L1830p.JPG

2017-07-06 14.54.54.jpg

Anyone recognise the Iveco ■■

P2120010p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■

P2150021p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Magnum ■■

P4030032p.JPG

Shoe Zone Iveco. Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P4040025p.JPG

Dependable Scania.

P4040092p.JPG

Cookie Coach Company Scania.

P5060001p.JPG

Bryans Haulage Volvo

P8120361p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo from Somerset ■■

P8220143p.JPG

Severn Sands Volvo.

P8170013p.JPG

Newton Steel Scania.

PA110630p.JPG

Recent one of Mansell Davies Volvo.

Recent one of Hicks.

I think these were taken at the Royal Bath show. New chassis.

Magirus Deutz.

A04584p.JPG

Foden.

A04580p.JPG

A04577.JPG

Volvo F7. Burdens from Fareham. A Syms Volvo behind.

A04581.JPG

Leyland Roadtrain.Baylis Transpor from Bristol.

A04583p.JPG

Midlands BRS Seddon Atkinson. Looks at the cars from the 1970s behind. Looks like a Granada,Cortina, and a 1100/1300 Austin.

Forest of Dean Caravans/Transport Mercedes.

Nuttall Transport ERF. Think “moomooland” knows about this company from memory.

Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker arriving at Poole docks ■■

Anyone recognise the Dodge ■■ Thats a rare sight now motorbike just overtaking with a side-car.

Arthur W Read Foden bulker.Looks like the pic was taken on the A35 between Dorchester and Bridport not far from where
Askers cafe used to be.

N.B.Tite Foden.

Baileys Haulage Crusader. Looks like it had been on the Middle East with the air con unit and storage lockers on the roof.

I reckon this is a great pic. :smiley: Nice working shot with two popular 8 wheelers of the time. Looks like its tea break
time with the fella in the chair. :laughing:

A.Brown (Tunstall) ERF

Hi Dean,
I’m pretty certain this ERF is an X Iltyd Thomas Swansea…but in this pic was run by John Thomas one of the brothers after they finished.
The load it’s carrying is the clue for me Marley stone.

Regards Mark

P4040025p.JPG.jpg

I too, used to wonder whether or not this Crusader ever did Middle-East work - it certainly looks like it. Anybody know? Here are a few more pics of it to jog memories! Robert

L3056p.JPG
2017-06-19%2010.21.32.jpg
crus2.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
I too, used to wonder whether or not this Crusader ever did Middle-East work - it certainly looks like it. Anybody know? Here are a few more pics of it to jog memories! Robert

Morning Robert,
Im’e not being funny but I would have expected to see a proper towing hook or bumper if on m/east work back then and i for one would not want to stand in front of it when they pulled the leaver to tilt the cab :laughing: :laughing: Harvey She looks good though.

Tilt the cab!?! No such luxury on a crusader, they had the swing out radiator access.

Great looking motor though.

HRS:

ERF-NGC-European:

Morning Robert,
Im’e not being funny but I would have expected to see a proper towing hook or bumper if on m/east work back then and i for one would not want to stand in front of it when they pulled the leaver to tilt the cab :laughing: :laughing: Harvey She looks good though.

Tilt the cab? That’s a fair trick on a Scammell Crusader!

3027-thumb-448x303-117127.jpg

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

RHA Letter 1977.

I don’t know whether it was to do with this letter, but the late Bill Bowker used to recall the tale of a tedious debate about depreciation at a local RHA meeting: after the conversation had gone round in circles for ages, Mr Austin Wilkinson cut in and brought the proceedings to a standstill with,

“I run my Fodens for 12 years, and when I’ve finished with 'em, they’re f----ed”

P2120010p.jpg

Scan 2019-1-10 13.41.35.jpg

Hi Dean,

G130 VBK was one of the Turbostars I bought new from Pitters in Southampton, here’s a photo of it when fairly new.I ran 10 of them and they were good workhorses, and Pitters were a first class dealer.

Once again thanks for all your hard work on here.

Regards

Richard

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Iveco ■■

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■

Anyone recognise the Magnum ■■

Shoe Zone Iveco. Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

Dependable Scania.

Cookie Coach Company Scania.

Bryans Haulage Volvo

Anyone recognise the Volvo from Somerset ■■

Severn Sands Volvo.

Newton Steel Scania.

bad boys on the phone in the FM12

Nice shot of one of their old ERF’s Dean :smiley:

Just one of many they had in their fleet over the years.

A02782.JPG

JN33-001.jpg

Today the company runs a predominantly Scania fleet apart from a few Mercedes rigids.
James Nuttall (Transport) Limited website

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

RHA Letter 1977.

I don’t know whether it was to do with this letter, but the late Bill Bowker used to recall the tale of a tedious debate about depreciation at a local RHA meeting: after the conversation had gone round in circles for ages, Mr Austin Wilkinson cut in and brought the proceedings to a standstill with,

“I run my Fodens for 12 years, and when I’ve finished with 'em, they’re f----ed”

It’s a very strange letter from the RHA…‘grandmother sucking eggs’ comes to mind.