PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

acd1202:

Cockney Pete3:
Is the Scania 110 Northrose from Droitwich? Youve posted a pic on here a while ago Dean

You may well be right Cockney Pete, but I was going to suggest Mollington from Whitchurch, one of the sons used to be on here occasionally, I think he went by dessertdriver. Somebody will know.

That bloody road sign, I keep thinking it is a slit coil on a stand at front of the well!

L2577p.JPG

Hi Dean,
That motor would have been ex Horace Kendrick,
Selby’s Garage bought some ex Kendrick motor’s and a comment on FB by a member of the Selby family was " it was completely worn out and the body was a foot wider at the top" Cheer’s Pete

L2600.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F88,cant make name out on the door ■■?

London Brick Foden.

Lignacite Seddon Atkinson brick carrier.

How about this one Daz. Dean mark paul all these photos on this thread are fantastic so many great memories on here of old time company which are no longer around i had a family member who worked for london brick many moons ago and there fleet of trucks i saw every were back in 70s 80s 90s By the way Dean getting back to the ARC Routeman tipper BYA 201S i have seen a photo of the same truck being loaded up with sand in quarry which has been posted up on Flickr by some else and you have come up trumps with this second one driving on the road much appreciated Dean Mark Paul keep up with all the great work :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: All the very best from Daz

Anyone recognise the Scania 110 ■■?

Kelvedon Crusader from Newport.

Not had one of Oscar Johnsons Fodens on here for a while.Alpha Steel Maggie behind.

Pembroke Sand Co Transcon.

LPG Volvo F7.

Hayes Freight marathon from Darlington.

acd1202:

Cockney Pete3:
Is the Scania 110 Northrose from Droitwich? Youve posted a pic on here a while ago Dean

You may well be right Cockney Pete, but I was going to suggest Mollington from Whitchurch, one of the sons used to be on here occasionally, I think he went by dessertdriver. Somebody will know.

Hi Boys sorry not one of ours
regards Keith Millington

That Scania 110 has a 1973 Wiltshire reg plate if that helps.

pete smith:
That bloody road sign, I keep thinking it is a slit coil on a stand at front of the well!

:laughing: At first glance I thought, “What’s that idiot doing with an unsecured coil?” :laughing:
Lots of Paul’s photos taken at the Western end of the M50, I notice. In my teens I had a brief period working at the service station in the background, which at that time belonged to the Kenning Motor Group.

DEANB:
Hayes Freight marathon from Darlington.

Darlaston

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Personally i find some of these old adverts very intresting.

Click on pages twice to read.

Nice flour tanker Ainscough flour mills cheers Dean.

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

:laughing: At first glance I thought, “What’s that idiot doing with an unsecured coil?” :laughing:
Lots of Paul’s photos taken at the Western end of the M50, I notice. In my teens I had a brief period working at the service station in the background, which at that time belonged to the Kenning Motor Group.

Hi ROF,
I think Kennings also owned Strensham at one time and would they be the same Kennings who had BL dealerships? Cheer’s Pete

Thanks once again Dean and Paul And Mark for these pics from yesteryear. DH Pearson 8 wheeler tipper was i think the only MAN they had .

A02789.JPG
Here is another photo alongside a F86 8 wheeler tipper taken in the yard at Great Ayton North Yorkshire.

And another shot of a couple of F86,s in yard. That is the entrance to yard which was just a little side street in the village. As with most old industrial places yard is no more and houses have been built on it. Mind you you would never get a wagon down that street nowadays with cars parked all along street.

Thanks for the comments about the Scania 110 from “Cockney Pete3”,“acd1202”,“dessert driver” and Chris Webb.
Looks like we still dont know whos it was ? Maybe someone will come up with a definate name. :wink:

pete smith:

I see what you are saying Pete ! :laughing:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
That motor would have been ex Horace Kendrick,
Selby’s Garage bought some ex Kendrick motor’s and a comment on FB by a member of the Selby family was " it was completely worn out and the body was a foot wider at the top" Cheer’s Pete

Looks like that one has been hit by a loading shovel bucket Pete ! :unamused:

ArcDaz:
How about this one Daz. Dean mark paul all these photos on this thread are fantastic so many great memories on here of old time company which are no longer around i had a family member who worked for london brick many moons ago and there fleet of trucks i saw every were back in 70s 80s 90s By the way Dean getting back to the ARC Routeman tipper BYA 201S i have seen a photo of the same truck being loaded up with sand in quarry which has been posted up on Flickr by some else and you have come up trumps with this second one driving on the road much appreciated Dean Mark Paul keep up with all the great work :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: All the very best from Daz

Glad you like it Daz. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

:laughing:

FLOURPOWER:
Nice flour tanker Ainscough flour mills cheers Dean.

Some of the old adverts are brilliant “FLOURPOWER” :wink:

jshepguis:
Thanks once again Dean and Paul And Mark for these pics from yesteryear. DH Pearson 8 wheeler tipper was i think the only MAN they had .
Here is another photo alongside a F86 8 wheeler tipper taken in the yard at Great Ayton North Yorkshire.
And another shot of a couple of F86,s in yard. That is the entrance to yard which was just a little side street in the village. As with most old industrial places yard is no more and houses have been built on it. Mind you you would never get a wagon down that street nowadays with cars parked all along street.

Thanks for your comments,Paul and Mark will appreciate them. Thanks for the photos “jshepguis”. :wink:

The truck that started Volvo’ success in the UK. The Volvo F86 work horse.

We have had loads of them on here.

2017-06-10 13.30.35.jpg

2017-06-10 14.49.14.jpg

2017-06-10 16.01.49.jpg

2017-06-10 16.15.00.jpg

2017-06-11 14.52.04.jpg

2017-06-19 15.35.58.jpg

2017-07-02 10.11.44.jpg

2017-06-24 17.54.47.jpg

2017-07-03 17.33.34.jpg

Volvo F86

Volvo F86 brochure.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F89 taken in Upton,Poole.

Molo Ford Transcon from Poole. Cant remember them.

Greenwoods Foden. He would have been going to pick up a unaccompanied trailer of Zanussi washing
machines off Poole docks.

Now i actually wrote the above before i then saw this pic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cant make the name out on the Dodge artic ■■?

I think the GUY is Churchfields Dairy from Salisbury ?

I think the Seddon Atkinson tanker is Wessex Water ?

Haynes Mercedes bulker. Family day trip ! :laughing:

Bejam DAF.

Car Removal DAF. Are they Mazda’s ■■

E & D Stephens ERF

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7 tipper ? Another family day out.

Smith for Service ERF.

Memory Lane Cakes Marathon.

P & O ERF

Shell Seddon Atkinson tanker.

James Watkinson new DAF.

Cant make the name out on the Atkinson ■■?

Wm Morgan Marathon from Swansea. Looks like its had a hard life !

Entress DAF.

Hi Dean.
The Atki is one of L and S Transport from Wetherby,it’s got a Boston Spa telephone number.

lands.JPG

DEANB:
E & D Stephens ERF

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7 tipper ? Another family day out.

Smith for Service ERF.

Memory Lane Cakes Marathon.

P & O ERF

Shell Seddon Atkinson tanker.

James Watkinson new DAF.

Cant make the name out on the Atkinson ■■?

Wm Morgan Marathon from Swansea. Looks like its had a hard life !

Entress DAF.

Hello dean ,E D Stephens were from Tredegar ,that ERF was from Direct Transport Gobowen ,Oswestry ,thank you Trevor

I can remember Molo… But I don’t remember them having a Transcontinental. Nor do I remember them doing much flat trailer work, mainly fridge trailers with Fodens I remember. Nice pic though.