PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Thanks to everyone for there comments ! :wink:

Todays pics.

Smart Volvo F88 demonstrator.

Holliday Mercedes

Bert Ivans from Cardiff.

I reckon thats brand new ! Sun Valley Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Crusader ■■? Sheet looks like it has seen better days !

Norfolk Farm Products ,tidy Foden

Hills borderer. Are they from Wales ?

Scania Vabis,looks like Wake on the door ■■

Smart Mercedes ,looks like CIS ■■ Whats the crack with the tyre on the load ? When i first looked i
thought it was to do with the chains not rubbing on the load,but there are chains front and back.
Bit of an odd place for a spare wheel, any ideas ■■?

DAF car transporter ! Would that be Toleman Group ■■?

Hi It is Wake on the door of the Scania Vabis, Hull based haulage contractor had a few I believe and one was still running around in the late 70s early 80s

Hi all ,I passed my test on this Bedford with a 40ft box behind it

Steetley ERF 8 wheeler !

paul gee steetleya.jpg

Click on twice to read ! The sister to Pauls pic reg WNL761T , Commercial motor 1979.

mushroomman:

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi,
Paul,Dean and now Mark thanks for posting the photos and
probably saveing them from a future life in a skip.
Cheers Malc.

If the skip was in Ingleton Malc they would defo be saved :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis, a question for you. :slight_smile: Back in 1980 I was parked up in the docks in Dover underneath The White Cliffs when a lad with a camera came up to me and asked if he could take a couple of photos of my truck. I didn’t mind so I got out of the cab as I didn’t want to spoil his pictures and he told me that everybody called him Malcolm The Model Man and that he was from Carlisle. He said that he had loads of truck photos so I just wondered if he ever called into your place in Milnthorpe.

Regards Steve.

Steve, you could be waiting a while for an answer as Dennis will be
at church this morning ! :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:
Flyur de lys are from a place with the same name not far from Caerphilly ,transcontinental were from Fishguard or Pembroke cheers John

Thanks John, i did have a bit out of commercial motor about them,but i am buggered if i can find it !
Too much stuff on the computer ! :wink:

Spud1960:
Scania Vabis,looks like Wake on the door ■■

Hi It is Wake on the door of the Scania Vabis, Hull based haulage contractor had a few I believe and one was still running around in the late 70s early 80s

Thanks for confirming “Spud1960” ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi all ,I passed my test on this Bedford with a 40ft box behind it

Thanks for the pic of the mighty Bedford ! The TK’s and TL’s were the back bone of the haulage
industry ! :wink: :laughing:

Corrals of Poole’s F86 heading back to base.

BN0014.JPG

Borden 88 looking good !

BN0015.JPG

Seddon,anyone recognise whos it is ■■

BN0016.JPG

New Saviem chassis and van at Poole docks.

BN0009.JPG

Compton’s scania

BM0022.JPG

Chapin,french Mercedes parked at Poole,looks like he has popped in the Ferryman pub for a pint !

BN0021.JPG

Dorchester transport heading into Poole docks.

BN0018.JPG

Bulwark ERF

BN0019.JPG

Hudsons transport not sure where they came from ? Name rings a bell ?

BN0023.JPG

SJB transport from Poole.

BM0035.JPG

bubbleman:

vwvanman0:
The crusader looks like jacks from Blackburn Lancashire

Hiya,vwvanman
got it spot on,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A00493.JPG
Jacks of Blackburn were bought out by Gilbraiths of Accrington.

The late Peter Davison drove the Scammell Crusader below for a short time which he called ‘Nowt Special’ before he moved on to Bowkers.

Hi dean glad I could give you an answer I drove this Bedford for rotherwas which was one of the Oakley brothers from Hereford ,they were good work horses as you said ,this page is getting bigger thanks to you and Paul cheers John

image.jpeg

mushroomman:

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

If the skip was in Ingleton Malc they would defo be saved :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis, a question for you. :slight_smile: Back in 1980 I was parked up in the docks in Dover underneath The White Cliffs when a lad with a camera came up to me and asked if he could take a couple of photos of my truck. I didn’t mind so I got out of the cab as I didn’t want to spoil his pictures and he told me that everybody called him Malcolm The Model Man and that he was from Carlisle. He said that he had loads of truck photos so I just wondered if he ever called into your place in Milnthorpe.

Regards Steve.

Sorry Steve I can’t recall that chap from Carlisle although we used to get regular visitors to the depot usually on Saturdays asking if they could take photos and , of course, I allowed them to ! No H & S issues in those far off days but now you couldn’t let them through the gate :wink: Cheers Dennis.

[zb]
anorak:

Bewick:

Spud1960:

Buzzer:
One for Dennis (Bewick) as he obviously has a soft spot for BRS, Buzzer.

and the RTITB

This is more than a “free wheeling” hard pressed ex Haulier can stand this evening !! Taunted by the initials BRS and RTITB on the same evening !! More than body and soul can be expected to endure :cry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s wrong with them? Surely a well-organised national transport corporation, allied to a proper professional training body, is better than a shower of scallywags and ex-farmers messing about at it?

Great photos, by the way. Full credit to the photographer, and to Dean for putting them on here. :smiley:

Hi “Anorak” I have aired my views on BRS and that “White Elephant” RTITB on a previous thread but all I would add now is that both these organisations were the product of two failed Labour governments 1945 and 1964 ? Too much State intervention is detrimental to any industry ! Cheers Bewick.

DEAN that Seddon RAH 964M I remember well as Mo Baker of M.W.Baker Southampton who did containers ran it and I have a snicky feeling that it was Jim Squibb’s before that but I may be wrong on the second count, Buzzer.

BN0016.JPG

Hi All
You are correct Buzzer It looks there late paint scheme soon to become Transport Services & I think operated from Sarum Fm Winchester
Cheers
Rich

moomooland:
Hiya,vwvanman
got it spot on,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Jacks of Blackburn were bought out by Gilbraiths of Accrington.

The late Peter Davison drove the Scammell Crusader below for a short time which he called ‘Nowt Special’ before he moved on to Bowkers.

[/quote]
Thanks Paul for the information,and pictures ! :smiley:

You will be pleased that there are some Riding trucks in the next batch of pics ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean glad I could give you an answer I drove this Bedford for rotherwas which was one of the Oakley brothers from Hereford ,they were good work horses as you said ,this page is getting bigger thanks to you and Paul cheers John

Thanks John for your comments and once again thanks for all of your input and pictures,much
appreciated ! :wink: :smiley: :laughing:

Bewick:

mushroomman:

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

Regards Steve.

Sorry Steve I can’t recall that chap from Carlisle although we used to get regular visitors to the depot usually on Saturdays asking if they could take photos and , of course, I allowed them to ! No H & S issues in those far off days but now you couldn’t let them through the gate :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Thanks for your input Dennis ! :smiley:

Buzzer:
DEAN that Seddon RAH 964M I remember well as Mo Baker of M.W.Baker Southampton who did containers ran it and I have a snicky feeling that it was Jim Squibb’s before that but I may be wrong on the second count, Buzzer.

Well spotted Buzzer ,havent got any pics of Mo Baker’s i dont think, but heres one of Jim Squibb’s ! :wink: :smiley:

soton1.jpg

tribsa:
Hi All
You are correct Buzzer It looks there late paint scheme soon to become Transport Services & I think operated from Sarum Fm Winchester
Cheers
Rich

Thanks for confirming Rich ! :wink:

Some of you may find this brings back some memories of trucks you have driven in the past.
Especially the interior shots !

Click on the pages twice to magnify for reading.

ad cm 1973 eight wheelers survey.jpg

ad cm 1973 eight wheelers survey1 posted tn.jpg

ad cm 1973 eight wheelers survey2.jpg

DEANB:

moomooland:

You will be pleased that there are some Riding trucks in the next batch of pics ! :wink:

Thanks Dean that sounds great.

Here’s a close up shot of Jacks Scammell Crusader Reg No HFV 495N that is in Paul’s picture.

A00493.JPG

DEANB:
Looks like these were taken at Poole docks.

Eastern Roadways,heavy haulier Foden.

Hans Franke, Volvo F88. Not sure but these looks like they may have been taken at Fleets Bridge,Poole ?
Not sure when the flyover was built.
Volvo F89 Hans Franke was driven by my father (Roger King) whilst carrying concrete beams from the railway in Poole.

Bewick:

Thanks for the reply Dennis, so hopefully there are more Bewick photographs out there somewhere. :smiley:
Deano, could you ask Paul if he remembers the café on Golden Valley Way (A40) in the late sixties/early seventies.
I think it was called The Golden Valley Café. :confused:

Regards Steve.

Just to say how seeing all the old companies that I passed in daily life is a real joy, based near Southampton I recognise many companies and probably shared digs with some of their drivers over the years. This thread is better than a daily tonic. :sunglasses:

moomooland:

DEANB:

moomooland:

Thanks Dean that sounds great.

Here’s a close up shot of Jacks Scammell Crusader Reg No HFV 495N that is in Paul’s picture.

Thanks for the pic Paul, nice one ! :wink:

spanners:

DEANB:
Looks like these were taken at Poole docks.

Eastern Roadways,heavy haulier Foden.

Hans Franke, Volvo F88. Not sure but these looks like they may have been taken at Fleets Bridge,Poole ?
Not sure when the flyover was built.
Volvo F89 Hans Franke was driven by my father (Roger King) whilst carrying concrete beams from the railway in Poole.

Thanks for your reply “Spanners” and confirming it was in Poole. Paul had confirmed that it was fleetbridge
and like you say your dad was hauling the beams from the station. If you have any pics please feel
free to add them ! :wink: :smiley:

mushroomman:

Bewick:

Thanks for the reply Dennis, so hopefully there are more Bewick photographs out there somewhere. :smiley:
Deano, could you ask Paul if he remembers the café on Golden Valley Way (A40) in the late sixties/early seventies.
I think it was called The Golden Valley Café. :confused:

Regards Steve.

Will have a word Steve about the cafe ! :wink: I would not be surprised if there were not more photos of
Bewicks motors in the future ! :smiley:

MrJake:
Just to say how seeing all the old companies that I passed in daily life is a real joy, based near Southampton I recognise many companies and probably shared digs with some of their drivers over the years. This thread is better than a daily tonic. :sunglasses:

Glad you are enjoying the thread “Mr Jake”, feel free to add any photos if you want ! :wink: :smiley:

Todays pics.

B Sharp Guy .I think he was an owner driver from Poole.

A00512.JPG

New Transcon demonstrator. Granada in the background.

Normandy butter MAN

A00514.JPG

Poole transport services who i am sure was owned by Mike Furnell parked outside there garage.
The citroen car you can see the back end of. Went in one of those a couple of times and they were
very comfortable,used to glide along.

A00515.JPG

MAT arriving for the boat.

A00517.JPG

Smith’s transport loaded with agricultural goods,leaving Poole docks.

A00518.JPG

Saviem car transporter. Looks like Southampton by the Isle of Wight ferries ■■

A00519.JPG

Nice colour scheme on the DAF on Davidson & Adamson.

A01882.JPG

Oscar Johnson,well loaded Foden.

A01909.JPG