PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

The crusader looks like jacks from Blackburn Lancashire

DEAN apologies for butting in but one for Robert the ERF nut but a good picture never the less, cheers Buzzer.

That is consolidated from Sheffield s prothroes was part of them the tyre most prob was changed all firms never threw them away here’s on of prothroes old Atkis and their mercs cheers John ps cls stands for consolidated land service

image.jpeg

Buzzer:
DEAN apologies for butting in but one for Robert the ERF nut but a good picture never the less, cheers Buzzer.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

One of Cardiff transport sed don ,and my old mate John brown ( horse) with brs John drove for cls as well

image.png

Euroking Saviem leaving Poole.

BM0031.JPG

Bugler Scania

BM0032.JPG

Mammoth Mercedes at Poole.

BM0033.JPG

Chrysler Dodge leaving Poole docks.

BM0019.JPG

Compton Scania.

BM0021.JPG

SJB transport from Poole.

BM0036.JPG

New saviem chassis

BN0008.JPG

Dont know who owned the Mercedes ■■

BN0011.JPG

Hall Aggregates Leyland heading towards its base on the dock road.

BN0012.JPG

White trux ,Man from Canterbury.

BN0013.JPG

vwvanman0:

Thanks for that “vwvanman0” :wink:

Buzzer:

No worries thanks Buzzer ! :smiley:

smallcoal:
That is consolidated from Sheffield s prothroes was part of them the tyre most prob was changed all firms never threw them away here’s on of prothroes old Atkis and their mercs cheers John ps cls stands for consolidated land service

Thanks John for your comments and pictures,keep them coming ! :smiley: :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Recognise that one chap ! :wink:

smallcoal:
One of Cardiff transport sed don ,and my old mate John brown ( horse) with brs John drove for cls as well

Great pics again John ! :laughing:

Cracking shots Dean!

Isn’t it better to rename this thread into PG on a roll, instead of the more famous PD on a roll, some of the pic’s are even better then the ones Peter Davies took!

Make sure to thank Paul for us, love the flying sheds… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sandway:
My thanks to all those involved in providing these wonderful photos for us to see of lorries from, what I consider, the hayday of the British Road Haulage industry. I was on the road from about 69 through to 89 and lived with these lorries and drivers on a daily basis. These pictures are real nostalgia jerkers. Thank you again.

Hi,
Paul,Dean and now Mark thanks for posting the photos and
probably saveing them from a future life in a skip.
Cheers Malc.

This looks like a great example of how I was taught to pass parked vehicles and obstacles in the day by my old dad IE as reasonably close as possible whether anything is approaching in the opposite direction or not and if anyone opens a door as you’re going by that’s their fault and while my car test examiner seemed to be happy enough with it in the 1970’s I then got moaned at by my HGV instructors later about ‘shaving’ parked cars. :laughing: With the obvious result now that no one seems to know the width of their vehicle and every meeting in tight places so often seems to result a needless potential head on collision or at least mirror wrecking situation.

download/file.php?id=210407&mode=view

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

If the skip was in Ingleton Malc they would defo be saved :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Dave Corbin had a scrapyard just outside of Wimborne.

Heres one of his F88’s in Poole .

I remember one of his 88’s plonking itself on the weighbridge at Christopher Hills in Poole
when the weight limit was 32 tons for a 4 axle artic. Weighed out at 43 tons ,had loaded
a scrap tipper with grain which was bigger than the normal grain trailers ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BN0029.JPG

I remember taking these pics in the scrapyard when i was about 12 of his marathon,which for
the third and last time, had decided to have a lie down ! :smiley: From memory he had aquired the
marathon either to pay a debt,or got it cheap as it was a ■■■■■■ back via a finance company !

He was not impressed with it,and it was soon sent on its merry way ! :laughing:

corbin3.PNG

corbin1.PNG

corbin.PNG

corbin2.PNG

pv83:
Cracking shots Dean!

Isn’t it better to rename this thread into PG on a roll, instead of the more famous PD on a roll, some of the pic’s are even better then the ones Peter Davies took!

Make sure to thank Paul for us, love the flying sheds… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Patrick, glad you are enjoying the pics,Paul will read your comments ! :wink:

The second batch of pics are even better ! :laughing:

We will keep your sheds coming mate dont worry !! :unamused: :wink: :smiley:

Carryfast:

sandway:
My thanks to all those involved in providing these wonderful photos for us to see of lorries from, what I consider, the hayday of the British Road Haulage industry. I was on the road from about 69 through to 89 and lived with these lorries and drivers on a daily basis. These pictures are real nostalgia jerkers. Thank you again.

Thanks “Carryfast” and “sandway” :laughing: :laughing:

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

Thanks “malc step” I just hope that Paul maybe able to talk Mark into letting us have more photos
in the future ! :wink:

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

Thanks for your input Dennis ! :wink:

vwvanman0:

Hiya,vwvanman…got it spot on,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A00493.JPG

bubbleman:

vwvanman0:

Hiya,vwvanman…got it spot on,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice one Bubbs, heres the full advert ! :wink:

Click on twice to read.

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi,
Cheers Malc.

Dennis, a question for you. :slight_smile: Back in 1980 I was parked up in the docks in Dover underneath The White Cliffs when a lad with a camera came up to me and asked if he could take a couple of photos of my truck. I didn’t mind so I got out of the cab as I didn’t want to spoil his pictures and he told me that everybody called him Malcolm The Model Man and that he was from Carlisle. He said that he had loads of truck photos so I just wondered if he ever called into your place in Milnthorpe.

Regards Steve.

Nice looking F88

A00501.JPG

Ranaldi, DAF. Looks like a split load,back stuff obviously need protecting with sheet.

A00502.JPG

Sunblest borderer with 3 in the cab !

A00503.JPG

Fluer De Lys Seddon.

A00504.JPG

Westwoods Bedford.

A00505.JPG

Mills Foden. Look at the size of the mini,you forget how small the originals ones were ! :smiley:

A00506.JPG

Transcontinental’s 88

A00507.JPG

Another one of Compton’s scania,and Cutlers of Poole’s ERF.

A00509.JPG

Caledonian Mercedes heading into Poole docks.

A00510.JPG

Spanish Pegaso leaving Poole docks.

A00511.JPG

Rugby Cement !

A00423.JPG

Flyur de lys are from a place with the same name not far from Caerphilly ,transcontinental were from Fishguard or Pembroke cheers John