PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

We have had a fair few Ford Transcontinentals on here.

A00094.JPG

A00101.JPG

A00135.JPG

A00142.JPG

A00212.JPG

A00281.JPG

A00294.JPG

2017-06-19 15.09.07.jpg

2017-06-30 19.46.52.jpg

Ford Transcontinental.

Click on pages twice to read.

1976 advert.

Ford Transcontinental.

I have a brochure somewhere but cant find it at the moment. :unamused: So will pop on another time.

I had this Transcontinental on nights for about two years…photos taken on Woodhead in 1980.

mfs10.jpg

Courtesy of cc wm Morgan transcon driven by dai (strato) Morgan

image.png

DEANB:

R j Bowns were based in Caerphilly they were a ford dealership ,Christie Tyler and all furniture vans were supplied by them cheers John

smallcoal:

DEANB:

R j Bowns were based in Caerphilly they were a ford dealership ,Christie Tyler and all furniture vans were supplied by them cheers John

The Western brs transcon was a Newport depot motor driven by David Powell and had the bed taken out.He was the shop steward and done the
Cheetham Hill night trunk.
Dai

I must say I have been following this thread for a while now , its great please keep up the good work as its very much appreciated by a lot of us.
I particularly like the old magazine articles.
does anyone have to the one about Simons and co Leyland Freighter running up from Penzance with isle of scilly daffodils to Preston market ?
I am almost certain it was in truck magazine would have been about 1993 ish.

grumpy old man:

DEANB:
Catto Marathon. Popped an article on about Catto back on page 123.

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Berliet ■■?

Elliotts Foden from Poole.

Anyone recognise the colours of the ERF from Hereford ■■?

Car Transporters Roadtrain.

Bowker Bros Scania

Pilkington MAN tanker.

Premier haulage Renault.
[/quote]
If that Reanault was involved in an incident the child on the bonnet would be straight through the windscreen. I don’t like seeing irresponsibility like that
[/quote]
get over it we all sat on the engine cover in those days, it’s what we did, we left it in the hands of our Dad’s to drive carefully.

The Leyland Roadtrain, is one of Cartransport BRS, probably from Cowley of Longbridge depot.

Chris Webb:
I had this Transcontinental on nights for about two years…photos taken on Woodhead in 1980.

I bet that was fun to reverse until you go used to it Chris ! Nice pics chap. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:
Courtesy of cc wm Morgan transcon driven by dai (strato) Morgan

Nice pic John, thanks for posting. :wink:

smallcoal:

DEANB:

Cheers for the info John. :smiley:

scania81:
The Western brs transcon was a Newport depot motor driven by David Powell and had the bed taken out.He was the shop steward and done the Cheetham Hill night trunk.Dai

Thanks for the info Dai, why would you take the bunk out ■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Dieseldog66:
The Leyland Roadtrain, is one of Cartransport BRS, probably from Cowley of Longbridge depot.

Thanks for the comment ieseldog66. :smiley:

lawrence2765:
I must say I have been following this thread for a while now , its great please keep up the good work as its very much appreciated by a lot of us.
does anyone have to the one about Simons and co Leyland Freighter running up from Penzance with isle of scilly daffodils to Preston market ?

Hello Lawrence, thanks for your comments ! :laughing: :wink:

When i first read that the only article that i could think of was one featuring a Dennis Oates motor carrying
flowers and sure enough its the one you are after.I did not remember the Simons motor.

Here it is.I scanned it a few years ago but was looking for a Dennis Oates pic to post with it but Paul
never caught one of theres.

Click on pages twice to read. :wink:

That’s great again.
thanks very much for posting the Simons Oates article.
I worked for simons when I left school at 16 at head office in Tonbridge 34 years ago.
thanks again regards Chris Lawrence

DEANB:

lawrence2765:

Hello Lawrence, thanks for your comments ! :laughing: :wink:

When i first read that the only article that i could think of was one featuring a Dennis Oates motor carrying
flowers and sure enough its the one you are after.I did not remember the Simons motor.

Here it is.I scanned it a few years ago but was looking for a Dennis Oates pic to post with it but Paul
never caught one of theres.

Click on pages twice to read. :wink:

Anyone recognise the MAN skip truck ?

DCP_0878p.JPG

Kays Transport Mercedes.

DCP_0911p.JPG

Viridor MAN

DCP_1083p.JPG

Trans-plant ERF

DCP_0952p.JPG

BOC ERF

DCP_0995p.JPG

Think its a Eggbeers Volvo.

DCP_0870.JPG

3663 Scania draw-bar.

DCP_0923p.JPG

Patten Bros Volvo F10.Does anyone know if Patten were taken over as i cant remember seeing
one for years ■■

DCP_1079p.JPG

Rank Hovis ERF.

DCP_1107.JPG

Anyone recognie the Volvo tanker ■■?

DCP_1220p.JPG

M.Way and Son Volvos in preservation at Teignmouth 2012 courtesy of Barry Lewis.
Oily

lawrence2765:
That’s great again.
thanks very much for posting the Simons Oates article.
I worked for simons when I left school at 16 at head office in Tonbridge 34 years ago.
thanks again regards Chris Lawrence.

No worries Chris ! :wink:

oiltreader:
M.Way and Son Volvos in preservation at Teignmouth 2012 courtesy of Barry Lewis. Oily

Nice pics Oily that F10 looks good. :laughing:

Click on pages twice to read.

Peterbilt.

L0852p.JPG

Kenworth.

L0867p.JPG

Peterbilt. Looks like he has a stretched unit there,looking at the loading area behind the cab
before the fifth wheel.

L0868p.JPG

Kenworth.

L0870.JPG

Some serious stacks on the Peterbilt.

L0871p.JPG

GMC

L0885p.JPG

International.

L0911p.JPG

White.

L0913p.JPG