PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Stobarts block trailer

Sir +:

DEANB:
Rare Liaz,not sure what country its from ? Number plate looks a bit dutch but would be an odd
truck to have in Holland.

The Liaz has a Czech registration and belonged to CSAD the Czechoslovakian (as was) state transport organisation.

Thanks for confirming what country the Liaz was from “Sir +” :wink:

smallcoal:
Morning dean a p burt are from portishead Bristol we used to run pallets of ink into them from sun chemicals ,we were in there every day ,I think they cut down on the warehouse a bit as we only take 1 or 2 pallets on the odd occasion cheers John

Thanks for the info John,tidy little Volvo. :smiley:

sm240:
Hi, Dean
I still wanted to thank you for the photos you posted yesterday,
however, I would be glad if you could post more photos of trucks of the ‘70s and’ 80s from Italy, France and Spain (no more than 9-10 photos).thank you again. MIMMO

No worries MIMMO, will see what i have but may take a while. :laughing: I take it you have looked through
the thread as there are a fair few on it ?

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,Pauls pic of YEV 777S,I don’t know who she belonged to in his shot but heres some shots of her with Alan Fry…before and after a head transplant :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Cheers Bubbs nice pics chap,an unusual conversion ! :laughing:

newmercman:
That Mason Guy with the rabbit hutch on the back would be a tight fit for the driver, he looks like a big old boy. Another Guy, the one with the DIY signwriting looks to be a bit of a lightweight, Albion front axle by the look of it, wonder if it had the AV505, or maybe even an 0.400 series (whatever the one in the Reiver was) under the cab?

“rabbit hutch” :laughing: :laughing:

joeshell:

DEANB:
Click on pages twice to read.

Hi DEANB,thanks for the photo of my old LPG lorry,GHX499W,lovely motors they were,mind,they used to wheeze a bit coming up Windy Hill loaded from Stanlow!!

Always nice when some one sees one of there old motors ! :laughing: :wink:

Dipster:
“Rare Liaz,not sure what country its from ? Number plate looks a bit dutch but would be an odd
truck to have in Holland.”
I believe they were Czech.The plates on the one in the pic are certainly Czech from the old Commy era.
Oops, just saw the earlier post…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bazztrucker:
Geat pics again dean, in the pic with the red italian fiat, you can just see Michael fowlers atki eight legger raring to get out. a pic of which i think paul took.

Funny enough i spotted that as well ,i do like that pic a proper working truck. :wink:

tastrucker:
Hello DEAN ,lovely old picture of T E Jones Seddon , well i didnt know that had one of those ! Looks like scrap from Shotton or GKN Wellington ,would say it is ex Bulwark ,thank you Trevor

:laughing: :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
FLOURPOWER SELECTION

Nice pics “FLOURPOWER”, thanks for posting. :smiley:

Buzzer:
High Dean on my way back from Frome market today I count the J.F.PEARCE trucks on my journey home, they do block haulage and have not seen any pictures on here as of yet so I am wondering if they are a newish company. For the record I past eight in all some artics some rigids with pups and four had return loads on. Just wondered how many they run and also I noticed that them dang green Eddie trucks are on the job now so it will be nacked before too long, cheers Buzzer.
PS. maybe Bubb’s can throw some light on this subject, just a thought.

Funny enough Buzzer i was talking to one of there drivers about 18 month ago and i forgot how many
trucks they run as he did tell me.They certainly run some tidy motors although i can never understand
why you would not advertise contact details etc. Maybe its something to do with a contract the trucks
are on ? :unamused:
I dont see so many of the green trucks about these days.

bazztrucker:
No buzzer, they are an old established firm. I worked with the son of J F Pearce, at least i presume it was the son of J F in the 70s when we were both subbies for J S Bromilow of clutton, somerset. i started as an o/d by buying this foden off jeff bromilow, not me in pic. think Pearces only had a few lorries then, but i,m sure someone will put me right, brain cells going!!

Thanks for the pic and comments Bazz ! :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi buzzer and bazz some Pearce for you ,also stobart took the block contract of Canute that’s why you don’t see any Canute carrying blocks :smiley: cheers John

Nice pics John,thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

D.T.Hunkin Seddon Atkinson.

P4040078p.JPG

Johnson & Boles MAN from Swindon.

P3010061p.JPG

CMD Leyland/DAF

P4040019p.JPG

Mothercare Volvo

P4040020p.JPG

ERF tanker,not sure of company ?

P8120340p.JPG

David Dennis HINO

P3010024p.JPG

J.McCarthy Transport Renault.

P8150027p.JPG

Crynant Plant Volvo

P8150049p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo car transporter ■■?

P8150085p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden brick truck ■■?

P8160039p.JPG

thanks Dean
you are a friend !!!
as I told you I really like trucks built in those years there from any source.
in particular France and Italy and Spain.
however if you want to contact privately my email is as follows:
mimmodecarlo85@yahoo.it
I wish you a good weekend
bye
MIMMO :slight_smile:

Just for my peculiar records (which many actually find useful on here!): can anyone remember driving one of these DAF 2800 DKS units with a 9-speed Fuller (rather than the more common 13-speed one)? I know the slightly later DKSE was fitted with a 9-sp Fuller in RHD form (I drove one so that’s secure!), but I can’t find evidence that the earlier DKS was fitted with a Fuller RT(0)9509(a) box or not - I have a strong suspicion that it was available to UK operators. Your help would be much appreciated! Thank you. Robert

L0395p.JPG

DEANB:

CMD Leyland/DAF

Mothercare Volvo

Looks like on the Tesco contract could be Wincanton?

David Dennis HINO

Crynant Plant Volvo

DEANB:

CMD Leyland/DAF

Mothercare Volvo

David Dennis HINO

Crynant Plant Volvo

Hi Dean, the Foden brick truck could be Redland, or Ex Redland, judging by the colour, Regards, Ray.

DEANB:

Sir +:

DEANB:
Rare Liaz,not sure what country its from ? Number plate looks a bit dutch but would be an odd
truck to have in Holland.

The Liaz has a Czech registration and belonged to CSAD the Czechoslovakian (as was) state transport organisation.

Thanks for confirming what country the Liaz was from “Sir +” :wink:

smallcoal:
Morning dean a p burt are from portishead Bristol we used to run pallets of ink into them from sun chemicals ,we were in there every day ,I think they cut down on the warehouse a bit as we only take 1 or 2 pallets on the odd occasion cheers John

Thanks for the info John,tidy little Volvo. :smiley:

sm240:
Hi, Dean
I still wanted to thank you for the photos you posted yesterday,
however, I would be glad if you could post more photos of trucks of the ‘70s and’ 80s from Italy, France and Spain (no more than 9-10 photos).thank you again. MIMMO

No worries MIMMO, will see what i have but may take a while. :laughing: I take it you have looked through
the thread as there are a fair few on it ?

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,Pauls pic of YEV 777S,I don’t know who she belonged to in his shot but heres some shots of her with Alan Fry…before and after a head transplant :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Cheers Bubbs nice pics chap,an unusual conversion ! :laughing:

newmercman:
That Mason Guy with the rabbit hutch on the back would be a tight fit for the driver, he looks like a big old boy. Another Guy, the one with the DIY signwriting looks to be a bit of a lightweight, Albion front axle by the look of it, wonder if it had the AV505, or maybe even an 0.400 series (whatever the one in the Reiver was) under the cab?

“rabbit hutch” :laughing: :laughing:

joeshell:

DEANB:
Click on pages twice to read.

Hi DEANB,thanks for the photo of my old LPG lorry,GHX499W,lovely motors they were,mind,they used to wheeze a bit coming up Windy Hill loaded from Stanlow!!

Always nice when some one sees one of there old motors ! :laughing: :wink:

Hi Dean, Could you please put the Volvo 6 wheel artic on the Liverpool thread, I don’t know Gibbons Transport, but it is loaded
with a “Coastal” container which many local hauliers would collect from, and load back to Garston Docks, a few miles further
along the River Mersey. Kind Regards, Ray.

Would love to know more about SW Transport…it must have taken the signwriter hours to do this stunning livery!.. Proper old haulage firm.

Guy Big J SW Transport .jpg

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
morning dean hunkin was from skewen

j&b are man dealers in swindon they buy and sell mans

CMD Leyland/DAF

Mothercare Volvo

David Dennis HINO

mccarthys are from pyle they still going

Crynant Plant Volvo
crynant do a lot of plant and rebar work

Hi Dean, the Foden brick truck could be Redland, or Ex Redland, judging by the colour, Regards, Ray.

SOME WORKING SCENES TODAY

flour.jpg

Some McCarthy trucks

image.jpeg

ERF-NGC-European:
Just for my peculiar records (which many actually find useful on here!): can anyone remember driving one of these DAF 2800 DKS units with a 9-speed Fuller (rather than the more common 13-speed one)? I know the slightly later DKSE was fitted with a 9-sp Fuller in RHD form (I drove one so that’s secure!), but I can’t find evidence that the earlier DKS was fitted with a Fuller RT(0)9509(a) box or not - I have a strong suspicion that it was available to UK operators. Your help would be much appreciated! Thank you. Robert.

Hopefully someone will know Robert,i have a brochure for the 2800 somewhere will see if i can find it. :wink:

FLOURPOWER:

DEANB:
Looks like on the Tesco contract could be Wincanton?

Thanks for the name “FLOURPOWER” :smiley:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

I think you are spot on there Ray i recognised that colour scheme but could not remember the name of the
company. :laughing:

Mark R:
Would love to know more about SW Transport…it must have taken the signwriter hours to do this stunning livery!.. Proper old haulage firm.

The Atkinson of theres on the previous page had a similar livery on it “Mark R” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
morning dean hunkin was from skewen

j&b are man dealers in swindon they buy and sell mans

mccarthys are from pyle they still going

Crynant Plant Volvo
crynant do a lot of plant and rebar work

Thanks for all the info John,Paul will like that ! :smiley: :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
SOME WORKING SCENES TODAY

Thanks for the pics “FLOURPOWER” :wink:

smallcoal:
Some McCarthy trucks

Thanks for the pics John. :wink:

Think it says Lovets on the door of the Volvo ■■

P3010013p.JPG

Sims Metals ERF.

P3010016p.JPG

I think they are an American company and they bought a scrapyard just
outside of Wimborne that was owned by D.G.Corbin.One of his F88’s below.

BN0029.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes tanker ■■

P4030027p.JPG

All Seasons Volvo which is owned by N.D.Young.All Seasons used to run DAF 2800’s when i was a kid
from Blandford.I dont remember them running F88’s but they obviously did. Pics below the Volvo.

P8120365p.JPG

allseasons1.PNG

Ken Abram Mercedes.

P8160149p.JPG

John Raymond MAN

P8170039p.JPG

B.H.Cecil & Sons DAF

P8150112p.JPG

Some odds and sods.

The pic that “FLOURPOWER” put on of the truck in the fruit market reminded me of this old article
about New Covent Garden Market.

flour.jpg

Click on pages once or twice to read.

1974 new covent.jpg

1974 new covent1.jpg

Barbers from 1972.

1972 barbers mitchamppg.PNG

W.H.Palmer from 1969.

1969 w h palmerppg.PNG

Onward Road Transport from 1969.

1969 onward fordppg.PNG

Overland 1969.

Caudle from 1972.

1972 caudleppg.PNG.jpg

Peter Taylor Transport 1972.

1972 peter taylor walsallppg.PNG

W.H.Holmes Scania from 1972.

1972 w h holmes scaniappg.PNG

The Volvo car transporter Iam thinking Glevum from Swindon although I can’t help thinking the name Lindsey too ,one of them used to carry scrap for coopers metals .

Punchy Dan:
The Volvo car transporter Iam thinking Glevum from Swindon although I can’t help thinking the name Lindsey too ,one of them used to carry scrap for coopers metals .

Correct on both counts Dan :smiley:

Glevum Transport and M.D Lindsay were one and the same. Not sure which one morphed into the other but I recall Glevum carrying scrap and Lindsay doing car transporters, both with tidy and smart FL10’s. Not sure if they’re still going but there is one of there FL’s on the show scene I think…

Piston broke:

Punchy Dan:

Correct on both counts Dan :smiley:

Glevum Transport and M.D Lindsay were one and the same. Not sure which one morphed into the other but I recall Glevum carrying scrap and Lindsay doing car transporters, both with tidy and smart FL10’s. Not sure if they’re still going but there is one of there FL’s on the show scene I think…

Cheers m8 I new it was something like :smiley:

DEANB:

quote]

Prior to the F-series MAN’s, J&B used to run Merc 1628’s and 1625’s at 38 tonnes. They used to be known locally as Just A Bout Transport because they would Just A Bout get up the hills :grimacing:

As already said, they buy and sell MAN’s now and have quite a tidy fleet