Punchy Dan:
The Volvo is likely to be Mike Brookes from Hereford

Cheers Dan. :wink:

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
Something very “Sayers” about this truck, Harvey

Yeah its similar Harvey. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
Yesterday, my nephew and I went to a Model Railway Exhibition at Merchant Taylors School in Crosby, Merseyside.
This dockside layout depicting a flour mill and a Scania artic caught my eye. The layout is called “Canada Street”,
and the guidebook describes the flour mills as representative of those at Gloucester and Liverpool docks.
These 2 pictures may be of particular interest to Gingerfold and Flourpower. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Nice pics Ray. :wink:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
Daz, looks like one of your mate again. :wink:

Kane haulage Volvo Hi Dean you are spoiling me again with more get photos with tipper companys which are based from my neck of the woods
Andy kane haulage is based in ST Albans and they no longer run Volvos any more he has replaced the fleet back to mans again going back from70s 80s
and sadley my mate Richard paul childs from watford with the blue mans tippers passed aways this year and closed his company down very sad news
by the way Dean would Paul have any London tipper company of Routemans Maggies Dafs etc etc keep up the great work guys. All the very best, Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hello Daz, might be a bit thin on the ground with London companies chap ! :unamused: Those muck away tippers
you like tend to stay on the whole pretty local. So unless Paul was driving around the M25 i doubt it. But i
may have something somewhere. :laughing: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

DEANB:

windrush:
The Barlow and Hodgkinson Foden looks well worked like all of their fleet, I wonder how much diesel is stored in reserve in cans either under the tank or in the cab? : I think their tankers usually tied spare fuel cans onto the catwalk but none is visible! Rigsby will know. Having said that, I used to carry five gallons of derv and a gallon of oil in the cab when I ran down to St Clears with tarmac as a full tank wouldn’t quite do the journey! :blush:

I had the chassis rails boarded out on my tank. Only took half an hour after the boss had gone home and solved my storage problems at a stroke but the old man kept nagging about where his two sheets of 18mm plywood had disappeared to!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smart ERF horse box.

P3010054p.JPG

John Meredith Volvo tipper.

P3010049p.JPG

Severnside Volvo roll on roll off.

P2130095p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF bulker ■■?

P4040068p.JPG

Timbmet ERF

P4030055p.JPG

Alan Price & Sons Foden.

P4040095p.JPG

Unitruck Volvo

P8150014p.JPG

Hanson Foden.

P8150058p.JPG

John Raymond DAF

P8160015p.JPG

Easylawn Volvo

P8160139p.JPG

Jempson’s of Rye. Are they still going ■■?

PA280662p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Smart ERF horse box.

John Meredith Volvo tipper.

Morning dean Sevenside were from bedwas ind est Caerphilly

Anyone recognise the ERF bulker ■■?

Timbmet ERF

Alan Price & Sons Foden.
He has a ex shanks walking floor trailer behind him tell by the colour :smiley:

Unitruck Volvo

Hanson Foden.

John Raymond DAF

Easylawn Volvo

Dean ERF has John Mitchell on the front. But don,t think it is one of the well known fleet of Scottish haulier of same name.

P4040068p.JPG

DEANB:

Yes they’re still going as far as I know. They are very selective on where they go, tending to keep in the southern half of the country. Big AEC users for many years, having some of the last Mandators to be registered. There is a family connection between Jonathan Jempson and Mike Beer, cousins IIRC.

Hi Dean,the John Mitchell ERF comes from Cornwall,down near The Lizard,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

DEANB:
Some oldies.

Hello DeanB, looks like I may have been the same show as Paul, I, and my ex wife took these at a truck/farm shoe in Cornwall in 1992, I know she took at least one because I am in the photo of the ECC Comet to the left. Regards, Mizzo.

hello dean
you could post photos of some trucks of the ‘70s and’ 80s from these 3 states:
_Spain
_France
_Italy
please?
thank you
with love
MIMMO DE CARLO

TODAYS SELECTION,THANKS DEAN FOR THE HEYGATES ERF NICE ONE,ALSO THANKYOU RAY EXCELLENT MODEL LOTS OF WORK GONE INTO THAT ONE ITS A CREDIT TO HIM.

img415 (2).jpg

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Morning dean Sevenside were from bedwas ind est Caerphilly

Alan Price & Sons Foden.
He has a ex shanks walking floor trailer behind him tell by the colour :smiley:

Thanks for the comments John ! :smiley:

jshepguis:
Dean ERF has John Mitchell on the front. But don,t think it is one of the well known fleet of Scottish haulier of same name.

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

gingerfold:

DEANB:

Yes they’re still going as far as I know. They are very selective on where they go, tending to keep in the southern half of the country. Big AEC users for many years, having some of the last Mandators to be registered. There is a family connection between Jonathan Jempson and Mike Beer, cousins IIRC.

Thanks for your comments Graham. :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,the John Mitchell ERF comes from Cornwall,down near The Lizard,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice pic Bubbs ,thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

mizzo:

Hello DeanB, looks like I may have been the same show as Paul, I, and my ex wife took these at a truck/farm shoe in Cornwall in 1992, I know she took at least one because I am in the photo of the ECC Comet to the left. Regards, Mizzo.

Nice pics “mizzo” thanks for posting. Yes Paul gets about a bit ! :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

sm240:
hello dean
_Spain_France_Italy please?
thank you,with love MIMMO DE CARLO

:laughing: Will pop some on tonight for you.

FLOURPOWER:
TODAYS SELECTION,THANKS DEAN FOR THE HEYGATES ERF NICE ONE,ALSO THANKYOU RAY EXCELLENT MODEL LOTS OF WORK GONE INTO THAT ONE ITS A CREDIT TO HIM.

Nice pics “FLOURPOWER” thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

Will pop some stuff on tonight,running a bit behind this morning chaps ! :unamused: :wink:

DEANB:
H B & H Group Volvo F88

Pennlyne Foden.

D & D Transport’s MAN.

Barlow & Hodgkinson Foden.

Trevor G Phillips Seddon Atkinson.Welsh ■■? I would throw those poxy dice right out the window… :laughing:

Cant make name out on the well loaded smart Volvo.

Sunbridge ERF

Heres one for “windrush” :laughing:

Anyone recognise the Roman ■■?

SW Transport Atkinson. I will let Dennis comment on the sheeting ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hello DEAN …super shot of the Trevor Phillips SeddAtki …that unit may have ended up with Morfa Transport …most of Phillps work was from Metal Box at near by Neath …they did a lot up to Carlisle and Wisbech …as a kid i liked thier Fodens …one ended up at Metal Box on shunt duties …Geraint

kenfig bill:
Trevor G Phillips Seddon Atkinson.Welsh ■■? I would throw those poxy dice right out the window… :laughing:

Hello DEAN …super shot of the Trevor Phillips SeddAtki …that unit may have ended up with Morfa Transport …most of Phillps work was from Metal Box at near by Neath …they did a lot up to Carlisle and Wisbech …as a kid i liked thier Fodens …one ended up at Metal Box on shunt duties …Geraint
[/quote]
Thanks for the comment Geraint. :wink:

sm240:
hello dean
_Spain,France,Italy please?
thank you,with love
MIMMO DE CARLO

Heres some from Spain,France and Italy Mimmo.

Alberti & Santi Fiat from Italy.Used to be a regular through Poole.

Untitledp.JPG

French Volvo F10.

A04799p.JPG

Portuguese Berliet.

A04262p.JPG

Italian Fiat.

A03563p.JPG

Italian Fiat.

A03562p.JPG

Rare Liaz,not sure what country its from ? Number plate looks a bit dutch but would be an odd
truck to have in Holland.

A03344p.JPG

Think its a French DAF but number plate not very clear.

L0395p.JPG

French Saviem.

L0400p.JPG

Frigoscandia Scania,possibly Swedish looking at the S on the front ■■

L0651p.JPG

Bosca Pegaso from Spain.

L1442p.JPG

HERES SOME MORE PICS

img375 (2).jpg

John E Wallington Volvo F88.

A03697p.JPG

Anyone recognise the 141 Scania ■■

A03276p.JPG

Caffyns Crusader wrecker.

A03285p.JPG

Britannia Atkinson 400

A03675p.JPG

Mason GUY.

A03678p.JPG

S.W.Transport Guy. Same company and load as the Atkinson i posted on page 210. Different colour.

Guy Big J SW Transport .jpg

Anyone recognise the F12 livestock truck ■■?

A03683p.JPG

T.E.Jones Seddon bulker.

A03682p.JPG

A.P.Burt & Sons Volvo

A03686p.JPG

Steetley MAN.

A03688p.JPG

DEANB:
Rare Liaz,not sure what country its from ? Number plate looks a bit dutch but would be an odd
truck to have in Holland.

The Liaz has a Czech registration and belonged to CSAD the Czechoslovakian (as was) state transport organisation.

Hi, Dean
I still wanted to thank you for the photos you posted yesterday,
however, I would be glad if you could post more photos of trucks of the ‘70s and’ 80s from Italy, France and Spain.
thank you again
MIMMO