PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Tried to repair the damage to your photo. I hope you don’t mind ?
Keep up the good work, this is a fantastic thread :smiley: :smiley:

mag.PNG

Regards. John.
P. S click to see the whole picture.

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for continuing to share some great photos.That looks like long serving Joint driver,Ron Howells driving 998X.Can i send the photo to Mike? Ron’s son.He lost his father several years ago and would love to see that picture.Mike followed his fathers footsteps and worked for Joint until they finished,he now drives for David Howells Transport in Penybryn.

Yes no worries ! :wink:

Hi Dean,
Good man,thanks also for the pm.
Regards Andrew.

DEANB:
L.Cam & Son Foden.

Great pic Dean :smiley:
Mike Thompson RIP at the wheel. He drove this old girl for many years. Him and the lorry were very well suited - he was never in any hurry and the lorry was awfully slow but they both got the job done :grimacing:

SOME MORE PICS HOPE YOU ENJOY

img411 (2).jpg

Hi, Does anyone recognise this old girl, I stumbled across her in a yard along with a MK2 Marathon in Irthlingborough, I think she may have been an ex Agnew & Lithgow unit originally going by her registration number HSJ950N.

Some really cracking photographs on this thread

FLOURPOWER SELECTION TODAY

revman:

I remember that Scania at Maltby Alan,I think we inherited it from Milton Keynes.Shame about that shed of a trailer ont back of it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

old 67:
Tried to repair the damage to your photo. I hope you don’t mind ?
Keep up the good work, this is a fantastic thread :smiley: :smiley:Regards. John.
P. S click to see the whole picture.

Thanks for the repair job John ! :laughing: :wink:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
L.Cam & Son Foden.
Great pic Dean :smiley:
Mike Thompson RIP at the wheel. He drove this old girl for many years. Him and the lorry were very well suited - he was never in any hurry and the lorry was awfully slow but they both got the job done :grimacing:

Thanks for the comments “Piston broke” ! :laughing: :laughing:

FLOURPOWER:
SOME MORE PICS HOPE YOU ENJOY

Thanks for the pics “FLOURPOWER”. Heres one for you ! :smiley: :wink:

British Salt ERF. I have never seen such a big ERF sign on the front of a truck !

L0532p.JPG

Its nice to see some of the companies featured early on in the thread are still operating today.

Framptons.

Anyone shipping Poole to Cherbourg would have run with these fellas.
First 3 pics are all leaving Poole docks.

L0304.JPG

A02955.JPG

A02956.JPG

A00105.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Some oldies.

A04929p.JPG

A04927p.JPG

A04926p.JPG

A04925p.JPG

A04922p.JPG

A04919p.JPG

A04913p.JPG

A04911p.JPG

A04902p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F89 ■■ Been fitted with a large fuel tank.

A03608p.JPG

Clive price Scania bulker.

A03600p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF tanker ■■?

A03601p.JPG

K.W.Jones DAF. Is Jones a Welsh motor ■■

A03612p.JPG

N.J.Grose Seddon Atkinson bulker. If anyone is intrested i popped an article on about this company
on page 92.

A03923p.JPG

Joseph Hoyle Atkinson.

A03616p.JPG

Hudsons Foden. Anyone know where they were from ■■

A03619p.JPG

Cleator Seddon Atkinson.

A03673p.JPG

Marshall ERF from Nottingham.

A03684p.JPG

Metal Box Marathon.

A03651p.JPG

Morning Dean,
Hudsons of Dudley, Canal Street, Brierley Hill, thank you to Paul for taking and to yourself for posting these cracking photo’s Dean, Cheer’s Pete

A03619p.JPG

DEANB:

Hey up Dean the Volvo looks like an ex Walkers of Tuxfords the livery look similar
Also the ERF pulling the Marshall trailer belonged to C H Stead Transport from Nottingham they also ran Scammell Crusaders
Steads ceased trading when Trent Concrete went belly up in the late 90s

Another shot of Frampton’s 5MW-cabbed ERF :wink: . Robert

framptons 5mw frigo.jpeg

A03440p.JPG

A03543p.JPGFibreglass were part of the Pilkington Group Limited from St Helens.

Yard shot taken in the factory at St Helens during the 1970’s.

LT Thames Trader-002.jpgA London Transport Thames Trader recovery vehicle lends a helping hand with a Fiberglass 1972 registered
Ford ‘D’ Series tractor unit in the centre of London.

DEANB:

Clive price Scania bulker.

Anyone recognise the ERF tanker ■■?

K.W.Jones DAF. Is Jones a Welsh motor ■■

N.J.Grose Seddon Atkinson bulker. If anyone is intrested i popped an article on about this company
on page 92.

Joseph Hoyle Atkinson.

Hudsons Foden. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Cleator Seddon Atkinson.

Marshall ERF from Nottingham.

Metal Box Marathon.

Dean,

Jones Daf was from Newport Gwent,or so it says on the passenger door!,so to provide an answer to your question,yes it appears it is a Welsh motor.

David

gazsa401:

smallcoal:
Hi dean. Meachers was a big organisation from Southampton you don’t see them anymore like before cheers John

They also had a depot at Raynesway in Derby not far from Rolls Royce
Cheers Gary

For the benefit of their Pirelli business, I think

Registered new in 1965 Thames Trader drop-side tipper Reg No BOW 765C is now preserved in the livery of the Forestry Commission.

DEANB:

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:

daibootsy:
Hello R,O,F,
Hwrw is a line up of atky,s. will put more on tomorrow.

Hello Dai …and once againmany thanx for posting this pic of the Atki line up and the BMC …Dad says his mate drove a Dodge artic that had a Leyland comet 375 motor that went like the wind …his work was from Metal closures in Swansea hauling metal bottle tops …Did Austin Jones have a 6x2 Atki artic in the 70s ?..(WG) Davies had one …and Joint Motorways had a couple also …
Paul and Dean …congrats to you both for this phenomenal thread …!!! Some amazing shots you have both provided …really stunning …thanx fellas …Geraint

Hi Geraint ,well i never knew that W G Davies had a twin steer Atki unit ! I think they were named Leaders , i can remember Joint motorways having a couple with Rolls engines ,which they found to be thirsty ,they were later converted to 4x2 units ,a Shrewsbury driver had one ,always great feedback on this thread .
Austin Jones had a change over at Shrewsbury ,and he too had drivers based their ,regards Keith

Thanks for your comments Keith. :smiley:

I had some stuff on the Leader but cant find it. :unamused: I have not looked at the photo you are talking
about but they also offered the Venturer. Now we will wait for “240 Gardner” to come along and bollock as
all for talking rubbish as he knows a thing or two about these Atkinson’s ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Who, me??

Many of the twin steers, called ‘Rear Steer’ by Atkinson, were built for 32T operation, particularly where shorter trailers were in use, prior to the 4-axle 32T outfit coming into common use after the C&U regs were relaxed.

Although superficially similar, the ‘Leader’ was a heavier duty machine launched in October 1970, and designed for 38 ton operation at a time when the manufacturers all fondly believed we were going to get an uplift from 32 to 44T! When the weight increase didn’t happen, most were cut down to 4x2 tractors, as were many earlier Rear Steers.