PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

What do you reckon then Dennis,somewhere around £13 to £15,000 ? I know in 1975 a f88 was about £16,000.
[/quote]
IIRC Dean in Jan 1977 I paid £13,500 for a Scania 111 5 speed day cab, £14,000 for a 10speed day cab and £15,000 apiece for a Sleeper cab 240LXB Sed Atk and an F88.all net of VAT which was claimed back ! Cheers Dennis.
[/quote]
Thanks Dennis, so basically a sleeper was costing about a grand more !
[/quote]
That’s about right Dean ! although in late 1975 I sent a couple of new Atki Borderers to a firm in Cheshire, just can’t recall the name, to have “sleeper” conversions but they were a lot less than £1,000 each. Cheers Dennis.
[/quote]
Sounds like Jennings Dennis,they were based in Crewe ?

jennings2.PNG

DEANB:
What do you reckon then Dennis,somewhere around £13 to £15,000 ? I know in 1975 a f88 was about £16,000.

IIRC Dean in Jan 1977 I paid £13,500 for a Scania 111 5 speed day cab, £14,000 for a 10speed day cab and £15,000 apiece for a Sleeper cab 240LXB Sed Atk and an F88.all net of VAT which was claimed back ! Cheers Dennis.
[/quote]
Thanks Dennis, so basically a sleeper was costing about a grand more !
[/quote]
That’s about right Dean ! although in late 1975 I sent a couple of new Atki Borderers to a firm in Cheshire, just can’t recall the name, to have “sleeper” conversions but they were a lot less than £1,000 each. Cheers Dennis.
[/quote]
Sounds like Jennings Dennis,they were based in Crewe ?

[/quote]
You’ve just beat me to the name Dean, Jennings Bros spot on ! I think they were taken over by ERF or they had been owned by ERF and then became independent not just sure ! I acquired an ERF “A” Series with a Jennings conversion when I bought out a local firm in 1976. Cheers Dennis.

christ i feel old now looking at those pics…i drove most of those at some time or another during the days gone by…cracking pics,and im all depressed now… :smiley:

dieseldog999:
christ i feel old now looking at those pics…i drove most of those at some time or another during the days gone by…cracking pics,and im all depressed now… :smiley:

I know what you mean DD. that’s how I felt when I realised I’d driven most of them! And hung out of the window, smacking my face to keep awake…

But I loved it at the time!

John.

John West:

dieseldog999:

I know what you mean DD. that’s how I felt when I realised I’d driven most of them! And hung out of the window, smacking my face to keep awake…

John.

same here and still do.
head out of the window,open bottle of water and eyebath each eye flat out.singing songs,arguing with the fanny on the radio.skull a can of coke in 1 go so your eyes nip…disco dance flat out bumping your bum up and down…all tried and tested before the in cab entertainment and phones came along.

Great photo’s taken by Paul Gee. Thanks for posting them Dean.

Paul

Bewick:
AM07.JPG
AM06.JPG

Nice pics Dennis !

dieseldog999:

John.
[/quote]

Paul John:
Great photo’s taken by Paul Gee. Thanks for posting them Dean.

Paul

Glad you are enjoying it,the pics certainly bring back some memories !

A00042.JPG

A00043.JPG

A00044.JPG

A00045.JPG

The maggie looks very tidy.

A00046.JPG

AD24.JPG

Rare day cab TM

AM04.JPG

AM05.JPG

Are Botley Mills still going ?

AM06.JPG

AM07.JPG

Cracking photos mate. Loved the Hoveringham Daf and the Hansons Atki! Brilliant shots.

Are there any Tarmac wagons may I ask?

Bewick:

And we were expected to live in those, for zb’s sake! :cry:

Star of the show in my humble opinion… :wink:
[/quote]
Agreed , a star , what’s the tractor anyone ? not a Cat , maybe Fiat Allis ?
Jim
[/quote]
Jim, Paul sent me a bigger pic of the Komatsu.

bulldozer.PNG

BonkeyDollocks:
Cracking photos mate. Loved the Hoveringham Daf and the Hansons Atki! Brilliant shots.

Are there any Tarmac wagons may I ask?

I dont recall seeing any Tarmac trucks “BonkeyDollocks” but there are some tippers and some of ARC’s.
However although there are none in this first batch of pics,there will definately be some in later batches. :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:
And we were expected to live in those, for zb’s sake! :cry:

They didnt look the biggest of sleepers !

A couple of 88s to start.

A00047.JPG

A00048.JPG

Anyone know what make this is ■■?

A00049.JPG

It appears day cab artics were more popular than i remembered !

A00050.JPG

A00051.JPG

AM09.JPG

AM10.JPG

AM13.JPG

AM14.JPG

Nice one Dean! Older cranes tend to be overlooked on most forums, although they did had quite an important task :wink:

Now, I might be wrong, as usual, but I reckon it’s yankee made…Link-Belt comes to mind…

A00049.JPG

Keep `em coming Dean , some great stuff here :smiley:

ramone:

Yes indeed ,great stuff ,love the(WG) Davies Crusaders ,look forward to more S Wales pics ,thanks ,regards Keith .

Hi Dean, it is a Lorain founded Iowa 1894.
Oily

Paul Gee A00049.JPG

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers Oily :wink:

pv83:
Nice one Dean! Older cranes tend to be overlooked on most forums, although they did had quite an important task :wink:

Now, I might be wrong, as usual, but I reckon it’s yankee made…Link-Belt comes to mind…

Sounds like you got the American bit right Patrick ! :laughing:

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks alot “oiltreader” ,i must admit i have never heard of them. An unusual and rare truck to be in the UK.

ramone:

kingswinford kit:

ramone:

Yes indeed ,great stuff ,love the(WG) Davies Crusaders ,look forward to more S Wales pics ,thanks ,regards Keith .

Glad you are enjoying them “ramone” and Keith. There are alot more from S Wales,you will be pleased to
hear. :wink:

Nice tidy Atkinson with the same company name,how unusual.

A00052.JPG

A00053.JPG

Loads of trucks used to have a michelin man back then,dont see them today !

A00054.JPG

A00055.JPG

A00056.JPG

AM15.JPG

Is that a datsun behind ■■

AM17.JPG

AM18.JPG

AM20.JPG

AM21.JPG

Is that a Yardley of Leeds, had Foden’s , looks like tomatoes on the pallet to me but may be wrong. By the way DEANB where did Paul Gee hale from as there are quite a few pictures that look like they were taken in and around Southampton, cheers Buzzer.

AM09.JPG

Buzzer:
Is that a Yardley of Leeds, had Foden’s , looks like tomatoes on the pallet to me but may be wrong. By the way DEANB where did Paul Gee hale from as there are quite a few pictures that look like they were taken in and around Southampton, cheers Buzzer.

Think you are right,i blew the pic up and i think it says Leeds ! Think Paul moved around a bit chap. He had
his favourite spots to take pics from,Southampton,Poole and Ross on Wye were a few.