PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:
1That was an interesting article Dean i bet those F10’s they refered to were like Rolls Royce’s after driving one of these Foden’s below…

Is the Volvo an F6 ‘S’ ?

A02814.JPG

spike74:
Is the Volvo an F6 ‘S’ ?

It’s actually a day cabbed Volvo F7.
Most Volvo F7 tractor units were sleeper cabbed versions although the day cabbed version was popular for local deliveries.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Photos from truck show.

Mansel Davies Volvo F7

Suttons ERF

Volvo F12 Globetrotter.

MAN

White.

Magirus Deutz.

Leyland Constructor.

Ford Transcontinental.

Bedford.

Foden.

Hi Dean, I am as ever, very grateful to see the pictures on this thread, However, 2 pictures really caught my eye.
The Mansel Davies Volvo F7 has an amazing paint job, and excellent signwriting. I wonder is it the hand painted
skills of a traditional Signwriter, or is it Computer Graphics ■■ The white Bedford TL with the cack-handed
steering wheel reminded me of my Bedford TL, shown earlier this week, which, if Bass Brewery had left its BEDFORD
name on, It would have looked much better. Regards, Ray.

Hi Ray, mansel does all his own maintenance spraying signwrighting workshops for everything in his yard cheers John

I wonder if this is a Volvo F 10

L0316p.JPG

Great photo of this E. Hull of Bedford Heavy Haulage Volvo. Takes me back probably 30 years ago. I used to work for W.H.Allen of Bedford, a large engineering company building marine engines, turbines and very large pumps, E.Hull used to transport much of their products.

download/file.php?id=205875&mode=view

First truck that I drove as mine full time after passing my test…

nomiS36:

Watkiss Ashley?

Jenson:

You could be onto something there, if only it had a tell tale of some kind…

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

pete smith:

nomiS36:

Watkiss Ashley?

Yes from Telford. Doubt they’re still going [emoji57] I wasn’t there long in 1996, just needed to get some experience after passing my class 1 in ‘95.

DEANB:
Ron Ball Volvo FB88 with livestock trailer. Air intake missing at back of cab ?

Federated ERF

Christian Salveson Mercedes. Must have been one of the biggest Mercedes fleets back in the 70’s !

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

Sun Valley Seddon Atkinson.

T.E.Jones Scania bulker.

Phelps & Davis DAF fridge.

Chelmsley Wood Transport Volvo F10

H.J.Cutler Seddon Atkinson from Poole.

Hello DEAN ,very nice picture T E Jones Nesscliff ,very big fleet ,would load at Shotton via Cadwalladers ,keep the Shropshire motors coming ,thank you Trevor

moomooland:
1That was an interesting article Dean i bet those F10’s they refered to were like Rolls Royce’s after driving one of these Foden’s below…

Nice pic Paul ! I would imagaine the drivers were happy with the Volvo’s ! :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:

Gwynn Bowen of Gorseinon nr Swansea had a S60 Foden as well …as a kid …can remember it loading at 3Ms …it had a Gardner 240 …Great shots as usual DEAN …Geraint .

Chris Webb:
Shell Seddon Atkinson
The Shell SA D408 MAN was registered in the Isle of Man.Looks like the photo was taken on Parliament Street Ramsey.Shell in Douglas is now Manx Petroleum.

Thanks for your comments Chris ! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
What’s the world coming to? A right-hand drive White and a left-hand drive Bedford!

:laughing:

smallcoal:
Hi all,you don’t see trade stands like that anymore that was when you advertised proper trucks ,that used to take place at Earl’s Court nowadays everything is leased cheers John

Cheers John ! :laughing:

moomooland:
Your right there John here’s another blast from the past.

Nice pic Paul ! :wink:

HRS:
.At Earl’s Court you could “pop out” and find any Restaurant, Italian, Chinese, Pubs, whatever you fancied within a few hundren yards.Now at the N E C you are lucky to get a dried up roll for a Fiver. We all saw the best times. Harvey

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Bedford.
Hi Dean, I am as ever, very grateful to see the pictures on this thread, However, 2 pictures really caught my eye.
The Mansel Davies Volvo F7 has an amazing paint job, and excellent signwriting. I wonder is it the hand painted
skills of a traditional Signwriter, or is it Computer Graphics ■■ The white Bedford TL with the cack-handed
steering wheel reminded me of my Bedford TL, shown earlier this week, which, if Bass Brewery had left its BEDFORD
name on, It would have looked much better. Regards, Ray.

I thought you might like the Bedford Ray ! Agree the Volvo looks sweet ! :wink:

moomooland:

spike74:
Is the Volvo an F6 ‘S’ ?

It’s actually a day cabbed Volvo F7.
Most Volvo F7 tractor units were sleeper cabbed versions although the day cabbed version was popular for localdeliveries

Thanks “spike74” and Paul for your comments and pics. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi Ray, mansel does all his own maintenance spraying signwrighting workshops for everything in his yard cheers John

I take i they are still a Volvo agent John. How many motors do Mansel’s run roughly ? Are they still operating some old ones
as when ever i went to Wales you always saw a few old ones that they kept running ! :wink:

Jenson:

:laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
Great photo of this E. Hull of Bedford Heavy Haulage Volvo. Takes me back probably 30 years ago. I used to work for W.H.Allen of Bedford, a large engineering company building marine engines, turbines and very large pumps, E.Hull used to transport much of their products.

Hello “Kempston” Paul will be pleased that the pic brought back some memories ! :smiley: :wink:

nomiS36:

Very comfortable truck “nomiS36” :wink:

tastrucker:
T.E.Jones Scania bulker.

Hello DEAN ,very nice picture T E Jones Nesscliff ,very big fleet ,would load at Shotton via Cadwalladers ,keep the Shropshire motors coming ,thank you Trevor

We have had a few of theres on here Trevor ! :wink:

L0475p.JPG

kenfig bill:

moomooland:
That was an interesting article Dean i bet those F10’s they refered to were like Rolls Royce’s after driving one of these Foden’s below…

Gwynn Bowen of Gorseinon nr Swansea had a S60 Foden as well …as a kid …can remember it loading at 3Ms …it had a Gardner 240 …Great shots as usual DEAN …Geraint .

Thanks for your comments Geraint ! :smiley: :wink:

We have had alot of these on here ! They were a favourite with operators and drivers,especially in rigid form from a
drivers point of view.

Volvo’s small,but mighty F86.

Click on pages twice to read.

Some more from the Truck show.

Leyland Constructor.

Leyland Constructor.

ERF

A02996.JPG

Volvo F6

A02997.JPG

Jelcz.Dont think they sold too many ■■ :unamused: Or the one below !

A02998.JPG

Star

A02999.JPG

Seddon Atkinson.

White.

Scania

Magirus Deutz.

Viridor Scania

DCP_0871p.JPG

Gardner European Renault.

DCP_0898p.JPG

Evans Transport MAN

DCP_0931p.JPG

3663 Scania

DCP_0966p.JPG

Maurice Hill Mercedes.

DCP_986p.JPG

Sparks Scania. Are they still going ■■ Havent seen one for years.

DCP_1078p.JPG

CF & JE Snell ERF bulker.

DCP_1062.JPG

Andy Gorman DAF

DCP_0958p.JPG

Andrews Plant Volvo

DCP_1099p.JPG

A.Ruby DAF

DCP_0888p.JPG

DCP_1078p.JPGSparks Transport of Wells Road Glastonbury were established in 1933 and still very much in business today operating a fleet of 150 vehicles.

Sparks Transport website

Sparks Scania. Are they still going ■■ Havent seen one for years
Yes Dean the cab heading says it all, 80 on a 63 plate so 85 this year.
Oily

Somerset Richard 37166389934_76184ddb6c_rs k.jpg

Sparks are going strong see em all the time when on me way to Frome Market and very tidy they are to, they are doing quite a few containers nowadays but still got loads of tautliner’s as well, they used to run mostly Scania’s but see they have some Reno’s now. Did they not do work for Clarke shoe’s who I believe are down there way also, when I was at junior school we were always in Clarkes sandels with the crepe souls and they were a favourite for school kids as they measured the width of your foot also which was important apparently. Bought a 141 scanny ex Sparks LCG ###T from Unit Commercials in Salisbury ■■■■ good motor too, cheers Buzzer.

The advert for the Hutchinson F86 as it states it completed 7 round trips a week from the Wark and Kielder forests to Bowaters at Ellesmere port. So they must have run back empty, doesn’t sound very profitable to me as the rates for that job were ■■■■■ and there was a continual battle up there with the likes of Jos. Millican always trying to convert their Contract “A” licences to “A” so they could reload out of Merseyside back North after tipping pulp wood at Ellesmere, their continuous argument was the timber rates were totally un-economic one way empty and Robsons always objected by saying they had capacity to carry pulpwood if they could obtain a viable rate for the job " ONE WAY" . Could this “trumpet blowing” by Volvo just have been poetic licence ? Possibly ! knowing what I was told and what there is in the Motor Transport archive reports of the LA hearings ! Cheers Bewick.