PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Looks like “smallcoal” and “marktaff” had a bit of a catch up about removals. :wink:

Thanks to “ramone”,“carl williams”, “Mike Ponsonby” for your comments.

Jakey,tidy DAF

P2130079p.JPG

Meachers ERF

P2140047p.JPG

Turners ERF

P3010009p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson tipper ■■?

P3010012p.JPG

J.Fisher DAF

P3010025p.JPG

M.Pinches Iveco

P3010036p.JPG

M.E.edwards & Son DAF livestock truck.

P3010041p.JPG

Unknown Scania 113 ■■

P3010052p.JPG

B Elliott & Sons Scania

P3010059p.JPG

Iceland Scania

P4030089p.JPG

H.E.Payne Scania

P4030103p.JPG

Arclid Transport Foden.

P4030101p.JPG

Owen Volvo Fl10

P4030081p.JPG

Gregorys Scania

P4030087p.JPG

DEANB:
Looks like “smallcoal” and “marktaff” had a bit of a catch up about removals. :wink:

Thanks to “ramone”,“carl williams”, “Mike Ponsonby” for your comments.

Lol just a little chat Dean, Nothing like a good catch up.
Nice pic of Simpson’s XF that must have been a few years back, they are no longer part of Britannia.

marktaff:

DEANB:

Lol just a little chat Dean, Nothing like a good catch up.
Nice pic of Simpson’s XF that must have been a few years back, they are no longer part of Britannia.

:laughing:

Bassetts Transport.

A00217.JPG

2017-07-19 17.30.14.jpg

Click on pages twice to read.

Some from America.

Freightliner car transporter.

L0819p.JPG

Kenworth.

L0826p.JPG

International.

L0827p.JPG

Ford

L0829p.JPG

Kenworth.

L0830p.JPG

Hi all,
I cut out this section of a recent posting, may be of interest to some who ventured " up north"
Will have to spread it over a few postings as have not worked out how to put more than one pic at a time.
2 to follow
Harvey

013.JPG

HRS:
Hi all,
I cut out this section of a recent posting, may be of interest to some who ventured " up north"
Will have to spread it over a few postings as have not worked out how to put more than one pic at a time.
2 to follow
Harvey

Whats left of the ramp to-day

HRS:

HRS:
Hi all,
2 to follow
Harvey

Whats left of the ramp to-day

Sir John Ross lived here ( centre section ) was his home.
He discovered the north west passage, hence,
The hotel is called the " North West Hotel"
He liked to use his telescope when retired so had the little holes put in his two lower bay windows to stick his scope through,
Still there to this day but filled in
Ok ! interesting to only a few.
Harvey

DEANB:
Jakey,tidy DAF

Meachers ERF

Turners ERF

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson tipper ■■?

J.Fisher DAF

M.Pinches Iveco

M.E.edwards & Son DAF livestock truck.

Unknown Scania 113 ■■

B Elliott & Sons Scania
Elliott are from bishops Cleeve in Cheltenham they got tippers, skips and a builders merchant

Iceland Scania

This Scania would have been new to Walkers, they were container hauliers from somewhere in Essex.

P3010052p.JPG

A03369p.JPGBowker’s ran quite a few of these Volvo F7 tractor units during the early 1980’s.

A line up of Volvo F7 tractor units parked up in Bowker’s old yard at Blackburn.

thumbnail_052 I-001.jpgThe late Peter Davison who drove for Bowker’s took this picture in 1982.

A few of Bowker’s old F7 tractor units were purchased by Tom Riding who put them to good use for a number of years.
Mr Bill Bowker, when in conversation with Tom Riding, said he regarded the Volvo F7 as the modern replacement
of the Atkinson Mk I.
In other words they were durable cheap to run and maintain, he ought to know, because Bowker’s had plenty of them in their fleet.

Have you got any Feblands?

A00217.JPGInteresting article regarding Bassetts.
Here’s a few more odds and sods…

Bass3-001.jpg

Bass Atki.jpg

Anyone remember this custom built 1963 registered LAD cabbed Leyland Comet tow truck they ran.

After the LAD Comet Bassett’s converted this vehicle into a recovery truck.
Based on a 1940 Foden DG6/10 chassis it had already been converted to a crane when Bassett’s bought it for spares.
They fitted it with a Gardner 6LW engine along with a gearbox and winch from a Foden logging truck.
Photograph courtesy of Barry Lime.

HRS:

HRS:
Ramp today

Sad to see this in such a neglected state, I remember this being built in the 70’s along with the parking area, the parking area was a great improvement on the tightly packed trailer park behind the booking in office.

Dave.

HRS:
Sir John Ross lived here ( centre section ) was his home.He discovered the north west passage, hence,
The hotel is called the " North West Hotel"He liked to use his telescope when retired so had the little holes
put in his two lower bay windows to stick his scope through,Still there to this day but filled in
Ok ! interesting to only a few.Harvey

Thanks for that piece Harvey. There was an old film about that ferry service between Stranraer and Larne
by BFI films. Very intresting watch. Its probably on u-tube. :smiley:

smallcoal:
B Elliott & Sons Scania
Elliott are from bishops Cleeve in Cheltenham they got tippers, skips and a builders merchant

Cheers John. :wink:

kmills:
This Scania would have been new to Walkers, they were container hauliers from somewhere in Essex.

Thanks any pics ■■ :unamused:

moomooland:
Bowker’s ran quite a few of these Volvo F7 tractor units during the early 1980’s.
A line up of Volvo F7 tractor units parked up in Bowker’s old yard at Blackburn.
The late Peter Davison who drove for Bowker’s took this picture in 1982.
A few of Bowker’s old F7 tractor units were purchased by Tom Riding who put them to good use for a number of years.Mr Bill Bowker, when in conversation with Tom Riding, said he regarded the Volvo F7 as the modern replacementof the Atkinson Mk I.
In other words they were durable cheap to run and maintain, he ought to know, because Bowker’s had plenty of them in their fleet.

Great pics Paul, thanks for posting ! :laughing: :wink: I bet you could get a hell of a payload with them F7’s a bit
like the F86. Compared to a F10 or Marathon or similar large cab unit of the 1970’s they must have been a lot
lighter. Anyone know the difference in terms of weight between a F7 and F10 ■■ About half a ton maybe ■■? :unamused:

John McVey:
Have you got any Feblands?

If you do a search John using the top left hand box “Search this topic” you should find a fair few as we have
had quite a few of Feblands. I was also passed some photos of their’s over the weekend which i will pop on.:wink:

moomooland:
Interesting article regarding Bassetts.
Here’s a few more odds and sods…
Anyone remember this custom built 1963 registered LAD cabbed Leyland Comet tow truck they ran.
After the LAD Comet Bassett’s converted this vehicle into a recovery truck.
Based on a 1940 Foden DG6/10 chassis it had already been converted to a crane when Bassett’s bought it for spares.They fitted it with a Gardner 6LW engine along with a gearbox and winch from a Foden logging truck.
Photograph courtesy of Barry Lime.

More good stuff Paul, companies used to convert trucks much more back in the 60’s,70’s ! :laughing: :wink:

dave docwra:

HRS:

HRS:
Ramp today

Sad to see this in such a neglected state, I remember this being built in the 70’s along with the parking area, the parking area was a great improvement on the tightly packed trailer park behind the booking in office.
Dave.

:unamused: :cry:

Hi Paul, tried Febland, Feblands and Febland Europa but only came up with an ad for trailors which included a new Febland tilt

Some adverts.

Bass UK.

A00239.JPG

A02814.JPG