PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Fantastic pictures still Dean keep them coming. Notice North Yorkshire reg on the F88 and was wondering whether it was an ex Sunters or Econofreight heavy haulage unit?

A03425p.JPG

jshepguis:
Fantastic pictures still Dean keep them coming. Notice North Yorkshire reg on the F88 and was wondering whether it was an ex Sunters or Econofreight heavy haulage unit?

Hi, I would say econofreight looking at the colours cheers John

Greetings,All.
The photo of the Ritson’s ERF. I’m pretty sure it came from the Union Cartage Company after they renewed their fleet with Guy Big J’s.They also have a Guy Invincible (Gardner 150) that looks ex.U.C.C. too.
Regards,900x20.

MaggieD:
Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson.

Hi Dean, It belongs to AFS Haulage from Fair Oak near Southampton,they are still operating today.
Thanks for all your effort putting these photo’s etc. on.Regards Richard
[/quote]
Thanks for the name Richard ! :wink:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Chris one for you,whos the tanker belong to ■■?

Hi Dean, I am fairly sure that the DAF Tanker is Phillips Petroleum, Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Thanks for the name Ray ! :smiley:

revman:
Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson.

Thanks for your comments about the Hazelwoods Scania in that pic and the photos ! :smiley:

Piston broke:
[quote="DEANB
Scammell Routeman. I think on the Wimborne bypass when being built.

Going by the colours and the Bristol reg, that has to be an ex Bristol and Avon motor I would think :slight_smile:
Great pics again Dean and Paul :smiley:
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments “Piston broke” :wink:

JAKEY:
Great Photos DEANB , love the White’s Scania ,needed a wash though :laughing:

Indeed “JAKEY” not as clean as yours ! :wink:

jshepguis:

I dont know “Jshepguis” if it was an ex Sunters or Econofreight motor ! :unamused:

smallcoal:

jshepguis:

Hi, I would say econofreight looking at the colours cheers John

:unamused:

900X20:
Greetings,All.
The photo of the Ritson’s ERF. I’m pretty sure it came from the Union Cartage Company after they renewed their fleet with Guy Big J’s.They also have a Guy Invincible (Gardner 150) that looks ex.U.C.C. too.
Regards,900x20.

Thanks for your comments “900X20” :smiley:

No comments on the “MIGHTY” Bedford TK/TL range then chaps ? :unamused:

Some period adverts.

Click on pages twice to read.

For the lovers of “Half cabs”. Harvey

“240Gardner” This may intrest you Chris.

A couple of Dutch motors.

Click on pages twice to read.

HRS:
For the lovers of “Half cabs”. Harvey

Quality pic Harvey ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres a few more.

Some from the dodgy camera.

Safeway Scania

DCP_0497p.JPG

Coca Cola Iveco

DCP_0667p.JPG

Grace FL10 tanker.

DCP_0665p.JPG

Evans tidy MAN

DCP_0698p.JPG

Anyone recognise the FH12 cant make name out ■■?

DCP_0819p.JPG

Some oldies.

A03334p.JPG

A03335p.JPG

A03336p.JPG

Anyone recognise the FB88 ■■?

A03483p.JPG

Think it says Douglas ■■ on the Leyland Octopus.

A03458p.JPG

Glyn John Transport Seddon Atkinson.

A03498p.JPG

C.B.Crook Routeman.

A03513p.JPG

Calor Gas Foden.Looks like the F7 car transporter is about to overtake.

A03485p.JPG

UFO Volvo F12

A03565p.JPG

G.Cork Atkinson.

A03496p.JPG

British Sugar Ford D series.

A03610p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson tanker ■■?

A03633p.JPG

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

A03808p.JPG

DEANB:

Safeway Scania

Coca Cola Iveco

Grace FL10 tanker.

Evans tidy MAN

Hi dean looks like it says Mike poult on it some good pics even if it a dodgy camera :laughing: :laughing:

Some oldies.

“moomooland” Paul one for you.

Adam Parker pic.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the FB88 ■■?

Think it says Douglas ■■ on the Leyland Octopus.

C.B.Crook Routeman.

Calor Gas Foden.Looks like the F7 car transporter is about to overtake.

UFO Volvo F12
What a cracking shot of the cortina and the mini when they were British built :smiley:

G.Cork Atkinson.

British Sugar Ford D series.

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson tanker ■■?

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

In the Glyn John shot there’s a freshly painted looking B series with a load of coke on :laughing: :smiley:

DEANB:
Paul one for you.
Adam Parker pic.

Cheers Dean.

H194 DDB was registered new in September 1990 and based at Lowfields Sainsburys depot on Stakehill Industrial Estate Middleton Manchester.

Driven from new by Ray Connolly, who is seen at the wheel, it is pictured on the M62 Hartshead Moor Services in West Yorkshire in 1995.

One of a batch of 10, with consecutive number plates, they were all sold on in 1997 and exported to Malta, one of which is seen below.

DEANB:
Some period adverts.

Harry Dando’s.

Local to me, very long established and probably best known for being a Kenworth dealer/agent back in the seventies. I’m sure they were responsible for supplying some of John Goldings well known fleet, amongst others. A well known O/D called Gerry Holmes had one running the Middle East. On a thread on here somewhere - I think it’s the Astrans one - he has written about how well suited to the job it was but how expensive it was to buy, compared to everything else at the time. Whitwills had quite a few running containers from Avonmouth. At least one of theirs ended up with Ruttle Plant Hire. It never ceases to amaze me how many Kenworth’s still exist today, considering the relatively few that were supplied. I know of at least two locally that are being restored, besides the ones that are already on the show circuit.
Volvo dealers for years, responsible for an awful lot of converts from the existing British offerings to the new generation of reliable and comfortable imports… :smiley: One of my ex employers served his apprenticeship with Dando’s/Volvo, eventually left to start on his own and has always ran Volvo to this day…
All the commercial side of Dando’s has long gone now sadly. They are now dealers for Ford cars amongst others but still operating from the same site.

Great memories Dean :smiley: :smiley:

DEANB:
J.Bradshaw Volvo F88 bulker. Whats sticking out of the chassis just behind the landing legs ■■?

Is this a Welsh motor ■■ Trevor G Phillips Seddon Atkinson.

Hope your paying attention Daz.

Rogers Atkinson. They seemed to have a few of these Atkis.

BOC Foden tanker.

“windrush” Pete is this a subby for Tilcon ■■ Cant make name out on cab.

Boyds Car deliveries Guy.

Anyone recognise the Commer,has a W on the front ■■

How about this one JAKEY !

Hi Dean and Paul this is the photo i was talking about RMC Scammell Routeman tipper GPF 222V Michael Dallimore the driver is a friend of mine on facebook Regards Daz :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

DEANB:

Safeway Scania

Coca Cola Iveco

Grace FL10 tanker.

Evans tidy MAN

Some oldies.

Hi Dean or Paul what a cracking photo of the C B Crook scammell Routeman tipper never heard of that company or seen any of there fleet of trucks before would you guys know what part of the country they are from i am enjoying all the photos that have been put on your site lots of old companys you dont see now days on the road could i please have a copy of C B Crook Darren Many Thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The Glyn John SA 401 must be one of earliest registered being a “W” reg

Hi dean, the volvo drawbar is owned by michael pidley, from i think devon, cheers!