PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
AEC and Seddon Atkinson trucks. I think someone said they are RAF if they have the yellow strip on them. :unamused:
Not sure but probably taken at Bovington Camp in Dorset.Just been informed by Paul that the pic was taken
south of Gloucester on the A38 so someone may recognise the place ■■? :unamused:
If it’s Gloucester its most probably raf quedgley which is no more remploy neath had the contract taking beds up for the camp in the 80,s

Anyone recognise the Dennis tanker ■■?

CCV Ltd Fleet Hire,Berliet.

Evans & Reid bulker.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

Findus Volvo F7

VMB Haulage MAN bulker. I think it says Rutland on the door ■■

Cannons smart Scania 81 bulker. Looks new.

Gregory Mercedes.

Trevor Ogden’s tidy DAF 2800 bulker.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing more great shots.G.H.Wintle were a very old established firm,they ran sentinel steamers in their early days.Though they are from chipping Sodbury there is also a Welsh connection,as Robin Wintle has lived in Cefn Cribwr South Wales for many years,Robin was very helpful when I restored my F88,18 years ago.They ran VOLVO for a very long time .Ceased trading in February 2000.

Bewick:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the early Volvo F86 ■■?

That lazy [zb] on the blue and white F86 wants sacking for not winding the trailer legs very far ! Unforgiveable ! Cheers Dennis.

Well spotted chap,they are a bit low like you say ! :unamused:

moomooland:

DEANB:
Went bust in July 1980.

Nice article from the archives regarding Foden prodution Dean.
After a period in receivership in 1980 the company was acquired by the American firm PACCAR, becoming a division of that company.By 1986, Foden only employed a workforce of 450 as compared to around 3,000 in it’s heyday.
A couple of brand new unregistered Braidwood Foden Alpha tippers at the Foden dealers in Manchester in 1998.
After the takeover of Leyland Trucks by PACCAR in 1998, independent Foden production ceased, and was replaced by models of DAF Trucks re-badged as Foden’s due to DAF Trucks having been acquired by PACCAR in 1996.
The last Foden, pictured below, was built in July 2006, putting an end to 150 years of Foden truck manufacturing.
The final Foden to roll off the production line at the factory in Leyland was this 8x4 rigid, which
was delivered to the nearby British Commercial Vehicle Museum having just three miles on the clock.
Photograph courtesy of Alexander Cunningham.

Good stuff and pics Paul ! The Foden that was delivered to the museum with 3 miles on the clock,would that
have been donated by Paccar does anyone know ■■?

I wonder who ended up buying this old Steam Foden, that was owned by Foden. I imagine it was used as advertising
at shows etc. Would be worth a fortune today !!

L0616.JPG

smallcoal:

DEANB:
AEC and Seddon Atkinson trucks. I think someone said they are RAF if they have the yellow strip on them. :unamused:
Not sure but probably taken at Bovington Camp in Dorset.Just been informed by Paul that the pic was taken
south of Gloucester on the A38 so someone may recognise the place ■■? :unamused:
If it’s Gloucester its most probably raf quedgley which is no more remploy neath had the contract taking beds up for the camp in the 80,s

Thanks John ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing more great shots.G.H.Wintle were a very old established firm,they ran sentinel steamers in their early days.Though they are from chipping Sodbury there is also a Welsh connection,as Robin Wintle has lived in Cefn Cribwr South Wales for many years,Robin was very helpful when I restored my F88,18 years ago.They ran VOLVO for a very long time .Ceased trading in February 2000.

Thanks for your comments Andrew ! About time you popped some pics of your F88 on here chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Time Travellers.

Click on pages twice to read.

Anyone recognise the tidy Seddon ■■?

A01878.JPG

Ken Perret tidy ERF

A01891.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF 2600 ■■?

A02002.JPG

Salford Van Hire Bedford.

A02017.JPG

Smith & Robinson Volvo F7 tanker.

A02039.JPG

R.Nessbert & Sons Foden

A02073.JPG

BP Gas Scammell trunker tanker.

A02078.JPG

Unispeed Marathon.

A02103.JPG

DA Lynes DAF tipper. Sheet looks buggered ! :unamused:

A02106.JPG

HKB steels DAF 2800

A02110.JPG

[/quote]
That lazy [zb] on the blue and white F86 wants sacking for not winding the trailer legs very far ! Unforgiveable ! Cheers Dennis.
[/quote]
Hi Dennis, interesting post.
Q: About this time last year I picked up an Asda decker at there depot in Grangemouth for there store in Larne ( N Ireland ) and the legs would only go half way up.
Down ok but only half way up ( even low gear would not work ) I knew the road home well and I knew it would go up the link span to the boat.
If I missed the 22.00 ferry it would not make there store in the morning :blush: Christmas rush was on and no spare trailers to tranship.
I took it back and posted a defect note having phoned ahead to clear my decision.
Please,I am not being funny but what should I have done ■■? :confused: :confused: Harvey

ParkRoyal2100:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Well all this bus/coach stuff could get intresting. I assume there were alot of different body builders ■■? :unamused:

More than you could shake a reasonable stick at!

Off the top of my head:

Park Royal
Roe (later PR/ Roe)
Metro-Cammell (Weymann)
ECW (Eastern Coach Works)
Marshall
Alexander
Plaxton
Duple
East Lancs
Harrington
Burlingham

European ones I can remember:
Caetano
Van Hool
Jonckheere

Sorry Dean, but he^^ started it… :confused: :wink:

I’ll add a few:

Leyland of course had their own bodybuilding works as did Crossley.
Cravens (Sheffield)
Saunders (Anglesey)
Massey (Wigan)
Brush (Loughborough)
Northern Counties (Newcastle on Tyne)

Northern Counties made the body for 861 HAL below; which was the lowest ever height double decker at I think 12’ 6". Delivered to Barton Transport of Chilwell, Nottingham, who to remain relevant, were also a Haulage company.

old-bus-photos.co.uk/?p=36241

Edit add:
Many of the Manchester Corporation fleet were locally built Crossley vehicles. Crossley made the lot : chassis, engine, transmission and body. Below is probably one of the most stunning restorations of recent years, of a now very rare vehicle a DD42 from the Sunderland Corporation fleet:

farm4.static.flickr.com/3925/15 … 3ac5_b.jpg

and a realisic few words from the owner before a trundle around Clacton:

youtube.com/watch?v=QScFiVxL9yM

cav551:

ParkRoyal2100:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Well all this bus/coach stuff could get intresting. I assume there were alot of different body builders ■■? :unamused:

More than you could shake a reasonable stick at!

Off the top of my head:

Park Royal
Roe (later PR/ Roe)
Metro-Cammell (Weymann)
ECW (Eastern Coach Works)
Marshall
Alexander
Plaxton
Duple
East Lancs
Harrington
Burlingham

European ones I can remember:
Caetano
Van Hool
Jonckheere

Sorry Dean, but he^^ started it… :confused: :wink:

I’ll add a few:

Cravens (Sheffield)
Saunders (Anglesey)
Massey (Wigan)
Brush (Loughborough)
Northern Counties made the body for 861 HAL below; which was the lowest ever height double decker at I think 12’ 6". Delivered to Barton Transport of Chilwell, Nottingham, who to remain relevant, were also a Haulage company.

old-bus-photos.co.uk/?p=36241

Hi cav551, Yes, Northern Counties did build 861 HAL, but they were in Enfield Street, Wigan,
on the site of the former bodybuilder, Massey Bros. The Newcastle firm was Northern Coachbuilders.

A few more to add, East Lancs , Blackburn. Longwell Green, Bristol, Yeates, Loughborough, Santus,Wigan.

Regards, Ray Smyth.

^^^^^A couple of old Kent ones: Short Brothers, and Beadle (Rochester I think). Robert

HRS:

[/quote]
Hi Dennis, interesting post.
Q: About this time last year I picked up an Asda decker at there depot in Grangemouth for there store in Larne ( N Ireland ) and the legs would only go half way up.Down ok but only half way up ( even low gear would not work ) I knew the road home well and I knew it would go up the link span to the boat.If I missed the 22.00 ferry it would not make there store in the morning :blush: Christmas rush was on and no spare trailers to tranship.I took it back and posted a defect note having phoned ahead to clear my decision. Please,I am not being funny but what should I have done ■■? :confused: :confused: Harvey
[/quote]
As you knew the road well Harvey and knew you were not going to catch the landing legs on a dodgy hump back
bridge or something you covered your back with the phone call and reporting it. :wink:

cav551:
I’ll add a few:
Cravens (Sheffield)
Saunders (Anglesey)
Massey (Wigan)
Brush (Loughborough)
Edit add:
Many of the Manchester Corporation fleet were locally built Crossley vehicles. Crossley made the lot : chassis, engine, transmission and body. Below is probably one of the most stunning restorations of recent years, of a now very rare vehicle a DD42 from the Sunderland Corporation fleet:
and a realisic few words from the owner before a trundle around Clacton:

Thanks “cav551” there more bus/coach fans than i realised on here ! :laughing:

Ray Smyth:
Hi cav551, Yes, Northern Counties did build 861 HAL, but they were in Enfield Street, Wigan,
on the site of the former bodybuilder, Massey Bros. The Newcastle firm was Northern Coachbuilders.
A few more to add, East Lancs , Blackburn. Longwell Green, Bristol, Yeates, Loughborough, Santus,Wigan.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

Amazing how many different companies there were building these bodies ! :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
^^^^^A couple of old Kent ones: Short Brothers, and Beadle (Rochester I think). Robert

Even Robert has got his anorak on !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Article from a 1966 magazine about bus driver training. :unamused:

Van Hool advert.

DEANB:
Time Travellers
Guys Fantastic bit of postings here from from back in day of Archway way road etc etc :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
Time Travellers
Guys Fantastic bit of postings here from from back in day of Archway way road etc etc :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks Daz ! :wink:

Dukes Transport Volvo F86

A01958.JPG

Thorn Colour Tubes Maggie.

A01959.JPG

Montgomery Volvo F10

A01975.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden brick truck ■■?

A02012.JPG

H.H.Williams Scania 140 cattle box.

Everest Double Glazing Bedford TM

A02086.JPG

F.Holman Mercedes.

A02088.JPG

T & L haulage Foden.

A02102.JPG

Glyn John Transport Seddon Atkinson.

A02282.JPG

Willmotts DAF

A02367.JPG

[/quote]

Now come on Dean, trying to catch us out.Making these deliberate mistakes. :laughing: :laughing:

We are paying attention you know. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Twice in one day :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That F Holman Mercedes :wink: :laughing:

country.joe:

Now come on Dean, trying to catch us out.Making these deliberate mistakes. :laughing: :laughing:
We are paying attention you know. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Twice in one day :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That F Holman Mercedes :wink: :laughing:
[/quote]
Looks like the wheels have fell off Joe !!! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Is this your first post on here ■■?

E.F.Phillips & Son ltd.

DA0023.JPG

DA0024p.JPG

A00093.JPG

2017-06-07 16.02.25.jpg

L1297p.JPG

ERF-NGC-European:

And a couple from Bolton: Bromilow & Edwards, and Bellhouse Hartwell. One from Wythenshawe, Manchester S. H. Bond

For every PSV body builder there were probably 3 or 4 lorry cab builders in the era of coach built cabs:
Leyland
Park Royal
Duramin
Cravens
Homalloy
Holmes
Oswald Tillotson
Bonallack
Motor Panels
(G.K.N.) Sankey
Pilot Works
Bromilow & Edwards
Jennings
C. V. (Harold Wood)
Bowyer Bros
Pennine Coachcraft (Seddon)
Atkinson
Kennings
Longwell Green
Road Transport Services (R.T.S.)
Wincanton
Pressed Steel

DEANB:

smallcoal:

DEANB:

Thanks John ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,

Thanks for your comments Andrew ! About time you popped some pics of your F88 on here chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the pm,s.I bought my F88 in February 2000,or rather the string vest version of an F88.GFC 500N was new to BRS and ran tyres to France.was an 8 speed 240.during the restoration we changed that to 16 speed overdrive.Corgi made a model of GFC and I will always remember buying one many years ago from a chap in a model shop in Stratford on Avon,on hearing my slight? Welsh accent he went to great lengths telling me that the truck is now fully restored and lives in South Wales.i didn’t say anything!