PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The 6 Wheeler coach is Bedford VAL, The one that I drove had a Leyland engine.
I think the bodywork is by Martins Caetano of Portugal.

I second that (Caetano VAL). Can’t have been many of them in RHD, most VAL’s were Duple or Plaxton bodied.

/ end o/t bus stuff.

AEC and Seddon Atkinson trucks. I think someone said they are RAF if they have the yellow strip on them. :unamused:
Not sure but probably taken at Bovington Camp in Dorset.Just been informed by Paul that the pic was taken
south of Gloucester on the A38 so someone may recognise the place ■■? :unamused:

A02036.JPG

Anyone recognise the Dennis tanker ■■?

A02043.JPG

CCV Ltd Fleet Hire,Berliet.

A02046.JPG

Evans & Reid bulker.

A02064.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

A02063.JPG

Findus Volvo F7

A02066.JPG

VMB Haulage MAN bulker. I think it says Rutland on the door ■■

A02069.JPG

Cannons smart Scania 81 bulker. Looks new.

A02071.JPG

Gregory Mercedes.

A02119.JPG

Trevor Ogden’s tidy DAF 2800 bulker.

A02127.JPG

DEANB:
B.E.Williams Bedford TL.

[attachment=7]A02634.JPG[/attachment]

Good grief. TL1060(?) with (probably) the non-turbo 330.

Would’ve been quicker to tow it with a Fergie 35.

ParkRoyal2100:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The 6 Wheeler coach is Bedford VAL, The one that I drove had a Leyland engine.
I think the bodywork is by Martins Caetano of Portugal.

I second that (Caetano VAL). Can’t have been many of them in RHD, most VAL’s were Duple or Plaxton bodied.
/ end o/t bus stuff.

Thanks for that “ParkRoyal2100” :laughing:

A couple more adverts.

Sir +:
Ray,I would go for a Van Hool Vistadome body on the VAL,and could the decker possibly be a Daimler Fleetline Park Royal ? :wink: :smiley:

Sorry for diverting the thread again. :blush:

Blimey, talk about going off half-cocked - I went and googled and you’re right, VanHool Vistadome. So much for my “yes, it’s a Caetano” post. In my defence M’Lud, I first thought “Van Hool”.

Sorry Dean, more bus talk. I’ll shut up now.

PS That pic of a WM PTE MCW you posted a few pages back would have had a Gardner 6LXB up the back. Yes, I am clutching at straws… :unamused:

DEANB:

ParkRoyal2100:
/ end o/t bus stuff.

Thanks for that “ParkRoyal2100” :laughing:

You know that thing when you comment without having read what others with more nollidge have said?

That.

I woz wrong (again); it is as Sir+ said, a VanHool Vistadome. Oh well… :unamused:

DEANB:
A couple more adverts.

The Grey-Green coach is a Duple Dominant 2 bodied Bedford, probably possibly maybe a YNT (i.e. the turbo 500).

I’ll shut up now.

DEANB:
New Fodens taken at Sandbach.

I`m not 100% sure but I think some of those photos were taken when the receiver’s were called in

L0466p.JPG

The Foden factory at Sandbach in full production.(Click on picture)

An empty Foden factory in 2007.

ParkRoyal2100:

DEANB:
B.E.Williams Bedford TL.

[attachment=7]A02634.JPG[/attachment]

B E Williams Sennybridge Powis still on hay and straw but with Scania 6 wheeers and drags .Many years ago there was a Bedford tk about a 7.7 ton or a little heavier that used to pull a proper drag trailer and had a cab canopy on hay and straw and that was bloody slow.I think it was run by Peter Rewston and came from Lampeter, an area full of hills ,and i remember no one wanted to get cought behind him

DEANB:
Well all this bus/coach stuff could get intresting. I assume there were alot of different body builders ■■? :unamused:

More than you could shake a reasonable stick at!

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Well all this bus/coach stuff could get intresting. I assume there were alot of different body builders ■■? :unamused:

Off the top of my head:

Park Royal
Roe (later PR/ Roe)
Metro-Cammell (Weymann)
ECW (Eastern Coach Works)
Marshall
Alexander
Plaxton
Duple
East Lancs
Harrington
Burlingham

European ones I can remember:
Caetano
Van Hool
Jonckheere

Sorry Dean, but he^^ started it… :confused: :wink:

Stringfellow Bros of Wigan operated touring coaches as well as removal vans…cant spell pantechnicon . :laughing:
This Leyland PS1 JP 6968 started life as a touring coach with Smiths Tours of Wigan in 1948, and was fitted with
van bodywork in the 1950s, Smiths Tours is still trading today as Shearings Holidays.

The lower picture is Stringfellow Bros DJP 20, a 1958 Bedford fitted with bodywork by Yeates of Loughborough.
Coach driver Tom Higham is seen here with the Bedford in Southsea, Hampshire. Regards Ray Smyth.

DEANB:
A few of you liked the Don Bush motor so heres another one.

Dean and Paul more cracking photos again thanks for posting that Don Bush six wheel Leyland Bison that is Excellent kind regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Dolphin Plastics Transcon from Poole.

Edge Transport’s Bedford from Chester. Looks like it used to do the continent looking at the front.

Bibby Marathon tanker.

Wincham ERF

Febry’s Transport GUY.

Priestner ERF

Frigoscandia Scania 111

Denby Crusader.

Gamford Farms ERF

ParkRoyal2100:

DEANB:
B.E.Williams Bedford TL.

Now then “ParkRoyal2100” dont you go knocking the mighty Bedford !!! I had one of those ! :laughing: :wink:

ParkRoyal2100:

Sir +:
Ray,I would go for a Van Hool Vistadome body on the VAL,and could the decker possibly be a Daimler Fleetline Park Royal ? :wink: :smiley:
Sorry for diverting the thread again. :blush:

Blimey, talk about going off half-cocked - I went and googled and you’re right, VanHool Vistadome. So much for my “yes, it’s a Caetano” post. In my defence M’Lud, I first thought “Van Hool”.
Sorry Dean, more bus talk. I’ll shut up now.
PS That pic of a WM PTE MCW you posted a few pages back would have had a Gardner 6LXB up the back. Yes, I am clutching at straws… :unamused:

I can see these bus/coach pics etc are gonna get intresting !!! :laughing: :laughing:

ramone:

DEANB:
New Fodens taken at Sandbach.

I`m not 100% sure but I think some of those photos were taken when the receiver’s were called in

Possibly Ramone,but Mark did work there for a while ! :wink:

moomooland:

You seem to have a collection of pics regarding production lines Paul ! Good stuff chap. :laughing:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Things could get intresting on the bus front i have a feeling ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

ParkRoyal2100:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Off the top of my head:
Park Royal
Roe (later PR/ Roe)
Metro-Cammell (Weymann)
ECW (Eastern Coach Works)
Marshall
Alexander
Plaxton
Duple
East Lancs
Harrington
Burlingham
European ones I can remember:
Caetano
Van Hool
Jonckheere

Sorry Dean, but he^^ started it… :confused: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

You feeling ok today “ParkRoyal2100” :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Stringfellow Bros of Wigan operated touring coaches as well as removal vans…cant spell pantechnicon . :laughing:
This Leyland PS1 JP 6968 started life as a touring coach with Smiths Tours of Wigan in 1948, and was fitted with
van bodywork in the 1950s, Smiths Tours is still trading today as Shearings Holidays.

The lower picture is Stringfellow Bros DJP 20, a 1958 Bedford fitted with bodywork by Yeates of Loughborough.
Coach driver Tom Higham is seen here with the Bedford in Southsea, Hampshire. Regards Ray Smyth.

Good stuff Ray,thanks for the info and pics. :laughing:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
A few of you liked the Don Bush motor so heres another one.
Dean and Paul more cracking photos again thanks for posting that Don Bush six wheel Leyland Bison that is Excellent kind regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I thought you would like that one Daz ! :wink:

G.H.Moreton F88

A02026.JPG

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■?

A01868.JPG

TPT DAF

A01903.JPG

Wellington Bricks ERF

A01949.JPG

F.J.Everett Mercedes.

A01962.JPG

Anyone recognise the early Volvo F86 ■■?

A01996.JPG

SRS Bakery Supplies DAF

A02005.JPG

Rockware Transcon

A02008.JPG

G.H.Wintle ERF bulker.

A02018.JPG

GDJ Price Maggie.

A02503.JPG

Some period adverts.

Click on pages twice to view.

ad cm 1973 aec truck bodyp.jpg

moomooland:
1The Foden factory at Sandbach in full production.(Click on picture)
0An empty Foden factory in 2007.

Didnt they hit trouble in the late 70s I can`t quite remember , I think the administrators were in for a while

ramone:

moomooland:

Didnt they hit trouble in the late 70s I can`t quite remember , I think the administrators were in for a while

Went bust in July 1980.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
G.H.Moreton F88

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■?

TPT DAF

Wellington Bricks ERF

F.J.Everett Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the early Volvo F86 ■■?

SRS Bakery Supplies DAF

Rockware Transcon

G.H.Wintle ERF bulker.

GDJ Price Maggie.

That lazy ■■■■■■■ on the blue and white F86 wants sacking for not winding the trailer legs very far ! Unforgiveable ! Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:
Went bust in July 1980.

Nice article from the archives regarding Foden prodution Dean.

After a period in receivership in 1980 the company was acquired by the American firm PACCAR, becoming a division of that company.
By 1986, Foden only employed a workforce of 450 as compared to around 3,000 in it’s heyday.

A couple of brand new unregistered Braidwood Foden Alpha tippers at the Foden dealers in Manchester in 1998.

After the takeover of Leyland Trucks by PACCAR in 1998, independent Foden production ceased, and was replaced by models of DAF Trucks re-badged as Foden’s due to DAF Trucks having been acquired by PACCAR in 1996.
The last Foden, pictured below, was built in July 2006, putting an end to 150 years of Foden truck manufacturing.

The final Foden to roll off the production line at the factory in Leyland was this 8x4 rigid, which
was delivered to the nearby British Commercial Vehicle Museum having just three miles on the clock.
Photograph courtesy of Alexander Cunningham.