PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:
That’s a very useful reference indeed!
As it includes a reference to the NGC, perhaps you won’t mind if I repost the scans on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: !. Robert

No problem Robert spread the word :smiley:
You may also like to take a look HERE at the history of ERF.

moomooland:

ERF-NGC-European:
(As it includes a reference to the NGC, perhaps you won’t mind if I repost the scans on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: !). Robert

No problem Robert spread the word :smiley:
You may also like to take a look HERE at the history of ERF.

Cheers old mate! Robert :sunglasses:

bob-lad:
Buchan meats top scotch dean

Thats down to my filing system Bob !! :wink:

pete 359:
hi DEANB,
congratulations on the 100 page milestone.i have and still do enjoy every single one of them.This BOC image you shared might have been a welsh motor? member and good friend BEAVER680,would know.Tony,it could even be you driving?
regards andrew.

Cheers Andrew, Thanks for your comments ! Still plenty of Welsh motor to come ! :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, Thank you for your reply. Just had a look at the pictures of lorries from Northern Ireland.
These pictures are McMullan Transport from Ballymoney, Co.Antrim, at their Wigan Depot, 2009.
Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Cheers Ray,thanks for the pics ! :smiley:

BonkeyDollocks:
Smashing pic and article of the ARC Routemans Deano. :sunglasses:

Here’s a few back atcha :smiling_imp:

Thanks for those pics chap,very nice some good shots there !!! :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Found a pic of an A-series on a T-plate ('78/'79)! Robert

Cheers Robert,another confirmation that hauliers did moth ball motors like others have said,and like that
article i popped on. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

moomooland:
I wonder if this article by Peter J Davies will help some of you out there regarding the ERF cab designs.

That’s a very useful reference indeed! Thanks for posting it ‘Moomooland’.

(As it includes a reference to the NGC, perhaps you won’t mind if I repost the scans on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: !).
Robert

Thanks Paul for the article,will have a read of that in a bit. :sunglasses: :wink:

Pickford’s tank haulage GUY

L0346p fb.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

L0349p.JPG

Harpers leyland. Whats he towing ■■?

L0363p.JPG

Cooper’s Maggie.

L0365.JPG

Boon transport from Wigan,Seddon Atkinson.

L0449p.JPG

Mansell Davies Volvo F88

A01753.JPG

Ford draw-bar of Gittins Jones. I bet that was nice to reverse.

A01780.JPG

John Beynon Evans & Sons Volvo F10

A01751.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY

A01777.JPG

Looks like IFT or JFT on door of Seddon Atkinson tanker,anyone recognise it ■■?

A01774.JPG

L0365.JPGThat Foden S80 sneaking up in the middle lane is operated by mail-order catalogue company Kay & Co Ltd, otherwise known as Kays, we had another shot of one of their Fodens below a few weeks ago…

GUS.JPGThe company had offices and warehouses in Worcester, Leeds, Glasgow, Newtown, Bradford, Bristol, Droitwich, Lancaster and York.
Great Universal acquired Kay & Company Ltd in 1937 and continued to run the Kays catalogue as a separate title within the GUS holding company.
On the 23rd of February 2007 Kays original depot in Worcester closed as part of the work to amalgamate Kays and Littlewoods under the new brand name ‘Shop Direct’.

Hi Dean,another great bunch of pics again…included in todays selection is KDE 280P of Mansel Davies,this old girl didn’t stay on the fleet for very long as I was told she was not that reliable and a thirsty girl so was disposed of,strange thing is this never put them off buying Volvos as nearly all their fleet is that make nowadays,my attached pic is KDE in its next livery…P.M.Rees and is seen on Aust services on the old Severn bridge,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A01753.JPG

[/quote]
The Seddon Atkinson tanker is one of Industrial Fuels Transportation from Cardiff,Ithink they were ont way to Penarth,I did wash out there when I worked for A E Evans int 70s.

I may be wrong but I think Harpers worked for either Fords at Halewood or Vauxhalls at Ellesmere Port,so maybe car bodies??

Hi Dean,
The Guy is one of Craddock Brothers from Coven Heath,

A01777.JPG

The Foden looks as if it has the word Elsby on the front Dean.

jshepguis:

I never clocked that on the front either! One of Ken Elsby’s then Dean,

Seems to be a bit of a hybrid power wise as well :wink: :wink: :unamused:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,another great bunch of pics again…included in todays selection is KDE 280P of Mansel Davies,this old girl didn’t stay on the fleet for very long as I was told she was not that reliable and a thirsty girl so was disposed of,strange thing is this never put them off buying Volvos as nearly all their fleet is that make nowadays,my attached pic is KDE in its next livery…P.M.Rees and is seen on Aust services on the old Severn bridge,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Mind you, they are Volvo dealers, so you’d expect them to run mainly Volvos!

jshepguis:
The Calor Atkinson is a strange one a mark one cab on an N reg which would be Mark 2 Borderer era, wonder what the story is behind that?

I’d guess that it’s been rebuilt and re-registered at some time - Sutton’s used to do that after a major rebuild and ended up with some L-reg Mk.1s

moomooland:
2That Foden S80 sneaking up in the middle lane is operated by mail-order catalogue company Kay & Co Ltd, otherwise known as Kays, we had another shot of one of their Fodens below a few weeks ago…
1The company had offices and warehouses in Worcester, Leeds, Glasgow, Newtown, Bradford, Bristol, Droitwich, Lancaster and York.
Great Universal acquired Kay & Company Ltd in 1937 and continued to run the Kays catalogue as a separate title within the GUS holding company.
On the 23rd of February 2007 Kays original depot in Worcester closed as part of the work to amalgamate Kays and Littlewoods under the new brand name ‘Shop Direct’.

Thanks for the info and pic Paul ! :wink:

bubbleman:

Nice pic Bubbs ! :smiley:

Chris Webb:

The Seddon Atkinson tanker is one of Industrial Fuels Transportation from Cardiff,Ithink they were ont way to Penarth,I did wash out there when I worked for A E Evans int 70s.

Cheers Chris, i thought you might know ! :smiley:

Chris Webb:

I may be wrong but I think Harpers worked for either Fords at Halewood or Vauxhalls at Ellesmere Port,so maybe car bodies??

Could be Chris, but it looked to me like it was possibly some sort of conveyor belt system ■■? :unamused:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Guy is one of Craddock Brothers from Coven Heath,

Thanks Pete ! :smiley:

pete smith:

jshepguis:

I never clocked that on the front either! One of Ken Elsby’s then Dean,

I never either !! cheers “jshepguis” and “pete smith” :laughing: :wink:

Casual Observer:
Seems to be a bit of a hybrid power wise as well :wink: :wink: :unamused:

:unamused:

240 Gardner:

jshepguis:
The Calor Atkinson is a strange one a mark one cab on an N reg which would be Mark 2 Borderer era, wonder what the story is behind that?

I’d guess that it’s been rebuilt and re-registered at some time - Sutton’s used to do that after a major rebuild and ended up with some L-reg Mk.1s

Thanks Chris for your comment. :smiley:

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker. Could it be a subbie for Walters as similar colours ■■ Did they just run
Fodens and Seddon Atkinson’s ■■

A01795.JPG

Salford Van hire Bedford.

A01785.JPG

Glyn John Transcon.

A01800.JPG

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■?

A01802.JPG

Maurice Hill Bedford TM. Is that a Stirland’ Seddon Atkinson going the other way ■■?

A01796.JPG

john Raymond sed ak dean I remember the sheets thanks

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker. Could it be a subbie for Walters as similar colours ■■ Did they just run
Fodens and Seddon Atkinson’s ■■

Salford Van hire Bedford.

I had one of these off SVH at Mothers Pride Bakery Chesterfield in 1978 / 79 for a few months when I had additional inter-bakery trunking to cover. One of the nightly runs was to Gateshead and Newcastle, but my drivers preferred the newest Ford D Series we had, an R reg, over the Bedford, but then again the Ford had been fitted with a coach ratio diff for the A1. Nothing much passed that Ford at night on the A1.

Glyn John Transcon.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■?

Maurice Hill Bedford TM. Is that a Stirland’ Seddon Atkinson going the other way ■■?

Chris Webb:

That’s right car body shells.
I used to tell my little girl (little girl :unamused: , she’s 32 now :smiley: ) they were big horse boxes for giraffes. :smiley:
I think Billingtons of Lancs, also pulled those trailers with their Atki Borderers…could be wrong.