Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

old 67:
Cracking picture that Larry, even more so for having the driver with his wagon ! :smiley:
I’ve tried to tidy it up a bit, I hope you don’t mind.

Thank you, The old Atki looks good, Mind you I was just a young lad in those good old days, Very Happey mems I must say, Regards Larry.

old 67:
Cracking picture that Larry, even more so for having the driver with his wagon ! :smiley:
I’ve tried to tidy it up a bit, I hope you don’t mind.

Thank you, The old Atki looks good, Mind you I was just a young lad in those good old days, Very Happey mems I must say, Regards Larry.

Pyewacket Wrote; After all this time i cannot recall whether i identified it as a
Leyland or AEC,? The fuel tank says ‘Leyland’ to me, but?
It is an AEC, the full grille chrome work and wider front wings show this and the tank is an AEC also, later AEC Ergo’s had the Leyland badge placed where the AEC triangle badge used to be. Wonder if it was saved! Franky.

IMG_20200229_225504.jpg

tyneside:
few from F/B North East related Tyneside

That Baxter’s Atkinson is a great pic “tyneside”. :smiley:

As for the fella up the ladder ,that is pushing your luck look at the bend on the ladders ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Frankydobo:
Pyewacket Wrote; After all this time i cannot recall whether i identified it as a
Leyland or AEC,? The fuel tank says ‘Leyland’ to me, but?
It is an AEC, the full grille chrome work and wider front wings show this and the tank is an AEC also, later AEC Ergo’s had the Leyland badge placed where the AEC triangle badge used to be. Wonder if it was saved! Franky.

Thanks for that Franky… No idea whether it was saved or not, Even if it was stripped for parts, its better than being
destroyed,.

5 May 1985
Himbleton, (again)
Worcs Eng
OK its not a road worthy motor , but a curious piece of machinery nonetheless.
I assume it was a un/loader of sorts.

pyewacket947v:
5 May 1985
Himbleton, (again)
Worcs Eng
OK its not a road worthy motor , but a curious piece of machinery nonetheless.
I assume it was a un/loader of sorts.

Is it a Chaseside with Fordson Major engine in it ? Buzzer

IIRC, This looks like a Herbert Morris Mobile Crane, They had a petrol engine driving a generator to operate the crane, They were very popular on Newcastle Quayside, The rear steer wheel system could turn side ways to perform a slew movment, The jib didnt move at all. They were made at Loughbrough, Regards Larry.

Swap bodied Albion

Aye Oily one from your neck of the woods nmp, Buzzer

Lawrence Dunbar:
IIRC, This looks like a Herbert Morris Mobile Crane, They had a petrol engine driving a generator to operate the crane, They were very popular on Newcastle Quayside, The rear steer wheel system could turn side ways to perform a slew movment, The jib didnt move at all. They were made at Loughbrough, Regards Larry.

Certainly looks like one of Morris’s cranes, used to see a lot of them a few years ago and there is at least one on the vintage rallying scene.

Pete.

windrush:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Certainly looks like one of Morris’s cranes, used to see a lot of them a few years ago and there is at least one on the vintage rallying scene.

Pete.

Weren´t they solid-tyred 3 wheelers? I think the photo is of a tractor-based (as in using various bits of) machine.

Buzzer:
Aye Oily one from your neck of the woods nmp, Buzzer

Cheers Buzzer :smiley: , that’s one for backsplice, taking him back to his glory days.
Oily

Thanks tp pyewacket947v, kevmac47, rastone and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
pyewacket’s crane created a bit of interest and Lawrence Dunbar is spot on with Herbert Morris, first 2 pics from Shildon Museum.
Oily

They had loads of them at Liverpool docks in the 60s . Most of our loads were in wooden cases and they lifted them off with those lethal chain grabs ( old timers will remember them ) , you had to be on the ball to come home with a full set of fingers . Of course being Liverpool docks they activated their cloaking devices and were invisible most of the time .

Please don’t talk about Liverpool docks in the early 60’s, I have nightmares, I was severely traumatised by the place (and the dockers) :cry:

FB_IMG_1583099261549.jpg
This would sort the men from the boys ! I’m in the boy group, although I came within a gnats doo dah of one being my first drive. Got a M M Foden instead. Cheers Coomsey

coomsey:
This would sort the men from the boys ! I’m in the boy group, although I came within a gnats doo dah of one being my first drive. Got a M M Foden instead. Cheers Coomsey

What make is that one before my time I think

atlas man:

coomsey:

What make is that one before my time I think

It looks like the insides of a Highwayman, but mine didn’t have all those levers till I got my Mack years later. :laughing: