Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

grumpy old man:
I’ve taxed worse than that little Thorny, a couple of cable ties for the front bumper, a battery, and it’ll be ready for work.

You might have to sort the wiper motor out GOM. :wink: :wink:

Thanks to DEANB, pyewacket947v, and backsplice for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also VALKYRIE for the pics and detail :smiley:
Oily

Not sure what the mechanicals of this Stobbie machine are :laughing:
Edit
Hi Spardo and eurotrans, just sussed the power unit, it’s a Jiffy, underpinnings mostly Mini parts.
jiffyregister.co.uk/so-what-is-it.html
Oily

47047783191_6532de6a51_k (1)sg.jpg

Who remembers the 1/3 pint bottles of milk at school, I can recall being milk monitor and stacking the bottles round the base of the coke heater in the classroom putting them through the guard rails ready for mid morning break :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

84685104_795412667632454_3904800148865155072_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Who remembers the 1/3 pint bottles of milk at school, I can recall being milk monitor and stacking the bottles round the base of the coke heater in the classroom putting them through the guard rails ready for mid morning break :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

I well remember those Buzzer , lovely with an apple for break although most of the straws got used as peashooters firing rice grains .

oiltreader:

The demount caravan body is a Romahome, still made in the IoW I think. I have a caravan version, not so many of those made.

oiltreader:
Thanks to DEANB, pyewacket947v, and backsplice for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also VALKYRIE for the pics and detail :smiley:
Oily

A bit low for a bridge basher :smiley: maybe he just does Maccy d’s drive throughs :blush:

oiltreader:
Oily

Edit
Hi Spardo and eurotrans, just sussed the power unit, it’s a Jiffy, underpinnings mostly Mini parts.
Oily

18 March 1987
Old Station Yard
Cardigan, Ceredgn, Cym
Jiffy MDE 552Y
YNYS Marine

310387.f.jpg

rigsby:

Buzzer:

I well remember those Buzzer , lovely with an apple for break although most of the straws got used as peashooters firing rice grains .

Milk ? who remembers a teaspoonful each of Ministry of Food cod liver oil (hell I hated it) and then a spoonful of concentrated orange juice

Nice period picture, Buzzer

pyewacket947v:

oiltreader:
Oily

Edit
Oily

18 March 1987
Old Station Yard
Cardigan, Ceredgn, Cym
Jiffy MDE 552Y
YNYS Marine

Looks a bit like that little Dodge I had as a skip wagon for a year when I was attending interviews to change from driver to manager. That was back in '84 I think when I thought that, at 42 I was too old for driving. :unamused: Then 11 years as a manager and back to driver from which I finally retired 2 weeks ago, if you count the downsized vehicle of course. If not, then I carried on on ‘heavies’ till 60. :laughing:

Buzzer:
Nice period picture, Buzzer

Love those Highwaymen, Buzzer, even though I was often cold, always tired and bored to death at 38 mph, I did love my time with them over Stainmore (stop for a brew in front of the blazing fire) with plasterboard northbound and into Dumbarton bond for the whisky to all points south. :smiley:

grumpy old man:

rigsby:

Buzzer:

Milk ? who remembers a teaspoonful each of Ministry of Food cod liver oil (hell I hated it) and then a spoonful of concentrated orange juice

At risk of being called old Brian I can remember them well , I still shudder at the mention of cod liver oil , but the orange juice helped . I’m still a sprog though compared to you , lol.

Buzzer:

Cor blimey Buzzer,what have you started with this one!..yes I too remember as though yesterday,I was a milk monitor and in my primary school we also had orange squash down one side of the same crate.

The things one forgets over time,thanks for sharing the picture,fabulous!

David

Guy 6 wheel concrete mixer of Leonard Fairclough from Adlington in Lancashire.
Faircloughs were a major contractor in the building of the M6 motorway in the
1960s and 1970s. They manufactured many of the very long concrete beams that
were to become overbridges etc. NMP.

Leonard Fairclough.jpg

15 March 1985
OG 6044
Saw this old stalwart at
Coombe Hill Service Station
A38, Tewkesbury Rd, Gloucs

grumpy old man:

rigsby:

Buzzer:

I was “treated” to a spoonful of Virol every morning! And who remembers National Dried Milk in silver tins with blue lettering?

Spoonfuls of Cod Liver and Castor Oil, ugh me Mother would be brought up for child cruelty now regularly dishing that up to seven kids, Rose Hip Syrup though now your talking, and speaking of Dried Milk Containers, when my dad was working for the local Council driving a Bedford Tipper they were doing some house clearing/demolition and the digger driver unearthed two Dried Milk tins. When they opened them they were full of rolled up bank notes, they had another look around and found a third tin but after more searching that was it. I can’t recall the total amount in the three tins but only three of the lads including Dad shared it out. We were the first in the street to have a telly, back in the late 50’s. I still remember watching those old kids programmes from then including some of the kids from either side of us, good old Dad! Franky.

Hi ROF, I was the same and sometimes it was Numol on a spoon, The Cod Liver Oil stuff tasted like ■■■■, But I was forced to swallow the stuff and say nowt, Mind you It did me more good than harm, I suppose thats why Im still here drinking my fave Malts at the age of 84, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , I hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.

What about the red iron medicine… aaargh. I liked a spoonful of Radio malt though, and we must have been posh cos I got Halibut liver oil capsules.

One of my old ones oily and a couple from my early days out here …found it in a file happy days