Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Todays post is closer to my home and is a coal merchant from Sixpenny Handley in Dorset, it was from FB and we don’t know the make of the truck so any ideas on what make it is, Buzzer.

Grille looks similar to a White, bonnet sides look like an International! Probably neither! :unamused:

Pete.

windrush:
Grille looks similar to a White, bonnet sides look like an International! Probably neither! :unamused:

Pete.

Got a Dorset reg plate on her, Buzzer

windrush:

Pete.

Not sure but Reo perhaps

Tony

rastone:

windrush:

Pete.

Not sure but Reo perhaps

Tony

These are Reos , Owned by my Late great uncle Isaac Smiles, They were 1936 Regs, Regards Larry.

HRS:
Morning All,
Is this the future ■■? Harvey

Alot of those running around Asia Harvey. They seem to go well but i dont know what sort of range they have. :wink:

A couple more Commer adverts Oily. :wink:

This is my Dad with his Commer that he drove whilst working for Tomlinsons on contact to John Player and Sons Nottingham

gazsa401:
This is my Dad with his Commer that he drove whilst working for Tomlinsons on contact to John Player and Sons Nottingham

You pic was too big, so I re-sized it for you in ‘Paint’, something you can hopefully do yourself :wink: ! Cheers, Robert

Surely some of you will give me the make of this truck, seen somewhere in the Middle-East. Maybe Seddon?
youtube.com/watch?v=b3eSFal_pCM

Froggy55:
0Surely some of you will give me the make of this truck, seen somewhere in the Middle-East. Maybe Seddon?

An early Seddon Atkinson for Whittle i think they were from Preston, i’m sure there was a documentry about them on the BBC in the '70s

ramone:

Froggy55:
0Surely some of you will give me the make of this truck, seen somewhere in the Middle-East. Maybe Seddon?

An early Seddon Atkinson for Whittle i think they were from Preston, i’m sure there was a documentry about them on the BBC in the '70s

Yes Whittles from an article written in 1981. I would put the link of the thread on here but dont know how you do that ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If you do a search for “Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations” its on page 1.

DEANB:

ramone:

Froggy55:

Yes Whittles from an article written in 1981. I would put the link of the thread on here but dont know how you do that ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If you do a search for “Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations” its on page 1.

Here’s the link lads:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=127155&hilit=unusual+destinations

Robert

Hi gatsa, my neighbour drove for British Rayophane here in ■■■■■■■ from 1951 to about 1989 regularly delivering cellophane cigarette wrapping paper to both Players at Nottingham and Wills in Bristol starting with an Albion Chieftain FT37 and ending up with an ERF 66GXB 8 wheeler.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

ramone:

Froggy55:

Here’s the link lads:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=127155&hilit=unusual+destinations

Robert

Thanks for the link. Certainly great memories for some of you! Nevertheless, I would certainly have missed good fresh food and a daily shower on such journeys!

FB_IMG_1567697703091.jpg
From the past but could well be the future !! Electric Pagefield

coomsey:
From the past but could well be the future !! Electric Pagefield

How did they keep the ice cream cold with that great big chimney , or was that to keep the ice cream cool ?

DEANB:

HRS:
Morning All,
Is this the future ■■? Harvey

Alot of those running around Asia Harvey. They seem to go well but i dont know what sort of range they have. :wink:

Morning Dean, Hendy Power Products converted 3 18 tonners to gas for a well known Green company, some years back.
250 miles max but the tanks, brackets and ADR regs lost over 3 ton from the payload, she didnt care as it was all about PR.
Time spent rout planning, lack of pay load, constand safty checks on brackets they were scraped before there 4 th birthday.
Engine heat was another big issue, long ago mate. Harvey

I think that I have put the 1st picture of Water Street, Liverpool on here before, not too sure.
The 2nd picture, from Bootle History Forum is the same location, taken quite recently.
Ray Smyth.

Water Street ..png

Thanks to Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, DEANB, gazasa401, Froggy55, coomsey and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: all the craic and links :smiley:

Trailers.
Oily

TKN Transport Pixels cc by 2.0 34907437276_b1acdc4d2c_tp k.jpg

Trailer Richard 46594930412_c0f3b591d5_rs k.jpg

Trailer Richard 28816043758_db4e8037c9_rs k.jpg