Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Oily this may intrest you
Cheers Dean, first saw that wagon, a Commer Maxiload at Earls Court Show and thought wow what a motor, little did I know that it would be the last wagon I drove on Progressive (1968), tho’ not with that trailer, on nights, off a Mercury 60mph to 38mph flat out, a wind up from the TM, late back in the mornings, day man kicking up, history.
Same wagon 9 cars on, looks like it might be on Shap, and a steep old deck to be clambering up.
Oily

Thanks to DEANB and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Pete Smith kindly sent me these two(TKN wouldn’t accept them) I have re-sized them.
Oily

My entry for today, Buzzer.

oiltreader:

Pete Smith kindly sent me these two(TKN wouldn’t accept them) I have re-sized them.
Oily

Hi Oily,
They are a couple of stills from a film called Sparrows Can’t Sing, Barbara Windsor had just got out of the cab, where you the driver Oily?!
Thanks for posting them, I tried all roads but failed! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

oiltreader:

Oily

Hi Oily,
They are a couple of stills from a film called Sparrows Can’t Sing, Barbara Windsor had just got out of the cab, where you the driver Oily?!

She wouldn’t have wanted to leave the cab if I had been the driver Pete :wink: :smiley: :laughing: on another note it’s sad that such a chirpy character should now be so stricken :frowning:
Oily

oiltreader:

pete smith:

oiltreader:

Oily

Hi Oily,

She wouldn’t have wanted to leave the cab if I had been the driver Pete :wink: :smiley: :laughing: on another note it’s sad that such a chirpy character should now be so stricken :frowning:
Oily

Hi Oily,
Yes it is very sad how her health has deteriorated but as she has had a long career it makes you wonder if learning and trying to remember all those scripts have taken their toll?
i reckon if you had of been the driver Oily that passenger door would have been welded shut!

oiltreader:
Cheers Dean, first saw that wagon, a Commer Maxiload at Earls Court Show and thought wow what a motor, little did I know that it would be the last wagon I drove on Progressive (1968), tho’ not with that trailer, on nights, off a Mercury 60mph to 38mph flat out, a wind up from the TM, late back in the mornings, day man kicking up, history.
Same wagon 9 cars on, looks like it might be on Shap, and a steep old deck to be clambering up.
Oily

Well since were going for all this progressive stuff,heres another clipping chap ! :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Oily

Well since were going for all this progressive stuff,heres another clipping chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Cheers Dean :smiley: That was Johnny Pratt’s wagon, he kept a very tidy motor with a bit of bling here and there, the well on the bottom deck is an in house conversion.
Oily

Carrimore advert from 1962.

Who knows this company nmp, Buzzer

Thanks to Buzzer, DEANB and pete smith for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and to others for the craic :smiley:
Oily

A1 at Adderstone.

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, DEANB and pete smith for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and to others for the craic :smiley:
Oily

A1 at Adderstone.

Is that a Danish subbie for Grampian Oily?

Two ERF’s and a DAF today nmp’s, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Two ERF’s and a DAF today nmp’s, Buzzer.

That Daf is a bit posh for John Mann. They were heavily into lightweight Fiats when I had dealings with them. Their warehouse manager, Big John, (can never remember his surname even though every Denby driver I meet reminds me of it, he is well known even in retirement) became a good friend of mine.

I first encountered him when I became Toray’s transport manager and sent him a load without booking it in :unamused: . After that, and especially when I stepped down and became a driver again we got on really well. An ex driver himself at Denby’s he, like me, got fed up with the desk and decided to do the same, and asked my advice as to how well the move was going for me. My reply persuaded him to go for it and he became a driver for Manns. Only problem was, he didn’t like Moarocco. :open_mouth: :laughing: . So he went back to Denby and I did see him a couple of times in a routier before we both retired.

A couple of dashcam sightings from my last trip

1967 Progressive.

Click on page twice.

Terribly sorry to hijack your thread again Oily, but I’ve found some more stuff in a old shoe box… :blush: (nmp)

26731758_665841157138585_7470951069821232353_n.jpg

Part 2, the saga continues… (nmp)

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

A1 at Adderstone.

Is that a Danish subbie for Grampian Oily?

I guess so Patrick, the the Essex Scania is also part of the Grampian Continental Group.
Oily