Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Oily, a couple of Progressive Leyland Comets. :wink:

Click on page twice.

Some for today, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
This is how it used to be in days gone bye, Buzzer

Is that you John on the extreme left of the shot running along and looking up at the young Lady Driver ? " Thinking" “I’ll be up on the Box one day with my own team of Gelderlanders” ! Anon 1 ! :wink:

A couple tilt heads for today, Buzzer

64257170_10217213450181679_3980369084825993216_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Did you take this photo Buzzer :smiley: :wink:

ramone:

Buzzer:

Poor old Buzzer 'e do get some stick don’t 'e ! Oo arr.! Anon 1. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Bewick:

ramone:

Buzzer:

Poor old Buzzer 'e do get some stick don’t 'e ! Oo arr.! Anon 1. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ramone:

Buzzer:

NMP got from FB just for the pleasure of you all to peruse, Buzzer

This is Rynart 1963 on the old Brenner pass, Buzzer.

An A E Evans advert out of local Barking paper,sometime in 60s.The MK5 Mandator MGY 127D,was ex Mobil IIRC and the tank was built by Torridon Barking. I think the strange design was to get the required wheelbase for 32t gross running on 4 axles as I had a similar one at Sheffield.

Buzzer:

By the condition of the nearside 'oss it’s a good job the lorry is empty as I don’t give them much chance if it had a couple of ton on it ! Cheers Dennis.

Just the one today NMP, cheers Buzzer.

Today is A BVT collection ex FB, Buzzer

The mob I worked for when we first came to Oz at the end of '74 had one of those bull nosed Mercs. The gaffer said hop in the one over there, so off I went. Then I started wondering what the little lever on the dash with a pair of boots on it was all about. Anyway, it was summer and about 38 degrees and I thought it was getting pretty bloody hot, but I thought it was me not being used to the heat. Took me bloody ages to realise the boots meant heat for your feet. I’d been fiddling about and ended up turning on the heater that worked in the whole fleet of bloody old bangers. :blush: :smiley:

Atkinson artic of Tom Gray & Son from Spennymoor, County Durham.
This Comberhill filling station appears to be a Simca car dealership.
The maroon car just inside the showroom looks like a Hillman Imp.
I seem to remember that Comberhill were a lorry dealership, possibly
for Atkinson. Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:
Atkinson artic of Tom Gray & Son from Spennymoor, County Durham.
This Comberhill filling station appears to be a Simca car dealership.
The maroon car just inside the showroom looks like a Hillman Imp.
I seem to remember that Comberhill were a lorry dealership, possibly
for Atkinson. Ray Smyth.

Nice photo Ray.Yes Comberhill were Atki and later Seddon Atki dealers in Wakefield. The SA 400 on the left in this photo was from there…

mfs13.jpg

My contribution today NMP, Buzzer

Buzzer:
My contribution today NMP, Buzzer

P1070779.JPG
The far more handsome Gentleman on the left :wink: bought, operated and sold on all those Atkinsons and Sed/Atks in view ! :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

Catching up, so thanks to kevmorrow, Ray Smyth, Buzzer, DEANB, Chris Webb and Bewick for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the other craic and detail :smiley:
Oily

UIg, Isle of Skye yesterday.

DEANB:
Oily, a couple of Progressive Leyland Comets. :wink:

Click on page twice.

Good to see you back Dean :smiley: , a cracking pic, I’d say early '60s, Triumphs on top and Standard Vanguards below.
Oily