Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar and servo88 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: a lot of of amusement there Gordon :laughing:

One old Maudslay showman’s wagon saved in preservation here flickr.com/photos/51114588@N02/5815930138/
Oily

Driver’s mate isn’t camera shy.
Oily

Oily sometimes a picture just reaches out and grabs you and this one did that to me, such an iconic outfit of the 70’s International transport scene posted by Fergie on the Saviem thread and I now have it as a screen saver wish I had it in my shed now, cheers Buzzer.

A grand outfit that is Buzzer, thanks for posting :smiley:
Oily

Cheshire

Cheshire Richard 40932597984_90bd9f76bb_rs k.jpg

Cheshire Sir Hec 7576621210_e09d9de504_BL o.jpg

Cheshire Richard 26258264108_91f86c6e8f rs _k.jpg

Cheshire Richard 26066644937_c9fbf4d969rs_k.jpg

Coincidentally, three from my neck of the woods in that batch, Oily.

Retired Old ■■■■:

They are closing in on you now ROF!

900X20:
Ref.the artic with the boats on,it was an Ex US Army Dodge. It was RHD, had a straight six cylinder side valve, petrol engine,and a booster gear lever which seemed like a very early version of a splitter. On private ground,(I was still at school),I drove one just after the War.Regards,900X20. :slight_smile:

A tiny bit late, but I used to get around in one of those with me dad. His had a Perkins diesel complete with Ki Gas. He was on for Pettifors Haulage around Kennington.

pete smith:

Retired Old ■■■■:

They’ll never catch me, Pete, every time they get close I seek sanctuary in a local café.
Waiting for those Derbyshire blokes to stump up for the breakfast they owe me!

servo88:

I was eyeing up the 8 wheeler E series in Jedburgh my self a few weeks back .

Hi Folks,
Loading in Kendal

mintsfeet kendal.JPG
Cheers Malc.

Retired Old ■■■■:

neck of the woods” …Forest lingo :laughing:
Oily

Thanks to malc step for the pic :smiley: , a fine looking wagon.
Oily
A9 Perth to Inverness at Drumochter on dashcam.

oiltreader:

Retired Old ■■■■:

neck of the woods” …Forest lingo :laughing:
Oily

Oh, alright, “My neck of the forest”!

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

Retired Old ■■■■:

They’ll never catch me, Pete, every time they get close I seek sanctuary in a local café.

ROF, you will starve if you have to wait for those pair!!

pete smith:

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ROF, you will starve if you have to wait for those pair!!

Oi , I resemble that remark Pete , I have to be very frugal with the pension money in Buxton . much higher class than Macc and more expensive , but I am saving hard out of my 50p pocket money for a gallon of petrol for the old Lexus . If Johnny Sutherland comes to Macc as promised we might be able to do a runner and leave him with the bill .

FRUGAL…what a splendid word, I shall retain that for future use in my financial dealings. :stuck_out_tongue::unamused:

I almost felt sorry for Rigsby until he mentioned LEXUS!! :open_mouth: Us lower down in the county have to be content with a 13 year old Pug Partner and a 12 year old Citroen Dispatch for transport, the downside of running a French built vehicle is that you need two as it is very rarely that both are functioning properly at the same time. :cry:

Pete.

windrush:
I almost felt sorry for Rigsby until he mentioned LEXUS!! :open_mouth: Us lower down in the county have to be content with a 13 year old Pug Partner and a 12 year old Citroen Dispatch for transport, the downside of running a French built vehicle is that you need two as it is very rarely that both are functioning properly at the same time. :cry:

Pete.

Pete, my wife who is well brought up and usually extremely polite spits on the floor when the name Peugeot is mentioned in her presence, due to all the trouble she had with a 205 she once had. And my brother had a 406 that broke a front spring and due to the rubbish design it speared the tyre – while it was parked! So we won’t be buying another Pug any time soon.
Bernard

I’m almost ashamed to admit that the Rofmobile is a Citroen! If I’m rash enough to say that it’s done 140,000 miles without any trouble whatsoever I’m sure to have to rely on Green Flag in the near future.

And young Dan will tell you that it almost passed a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ERF one Sunday!