Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

One for the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:
[/quote]
Morning Oily, Picture a line of tankers parked up, with motors attatched, you have to back in between two of them, not a lot of forward room and you are still at to tight an angle going in.
What part of the tanker would you hit before you pulled forward and f****d off and tried another slot.
What part of the tanker you are driving would touch the cab of the first truck parked up.
This is all assumption on my part and in know way represents my own driving skills or experiance. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Harvey

HRS:
One for the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:

Morning Oily, Picture a line of tankers parked up, with motors attatched, you have to back in between two of them, not a lot of forward room and you are still at to tight an angle going in.
What part of the tanker would you hit before you pulled forward and f****d off and tried another slot.
What part of the tanker you are driving would touch the cab of the first truck parked up.
This is all assumption on my part and in know way represents my own driving skills or experiance. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Harvey
[/quote]
Possible Harvey :slight_smile: where’s GOM, gingerfold et al when you need them, me I’m thinking something like suction pumping with a delivery lid closed :confused:
Oily

oiltreader:
One foror the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:

It doesn’t take much of a bump to put a dent in an insulated tanker. The strength is in the inner barrel, the outer skin is soft ally that only holds in the insulation material. Some careless reversing with a curtain-side trailer or fridge box will make dents like these without making a scrape. I had a driver miss the pin on an insulated tanker a month or so ago when reversing under it, he put a hell of a dent with the fifth wheel in the outer skin under the barrel. He had the decency to come and tell me what he had done and I checked to see if the inner barrel was okay, which it was.

gingerfold:

oiltreader:
One foror the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:

It doesn’t take much of a bump to put a dent in an insulated tanker. The strength is in the inner barrel, the outer skin is soft ally that only holds in the insulation material. Some careless reversing with a curtain-side trailer or fridge box will make dents like these without making a scrape. I had a driver miss the pin on an insulated tanker a month or so ago when reversing under it, he put a hell of a dent with the fifth wheel in the outer skin under the barrel. He had the decency to come and tell me what he had done and I checked to see if the inner barrel was okay, which it was.

I’ve seen where a driver has accidentally clattered a stainless tank with his own stainless tank on the side and not made a mark on it.The front o/s and n/s of them were most vulnerable in my day.I thought Carntyne Transport only did whisky haulage,the Hazchem board displays 3Z 3082 which is diesel.

Forage haulage 1905, note the sheet covers the front and all the top of the load to stop a spark igniting the cargo, Buzzer.

s-l1600.jpg

Chris Webb:

gingerfold:

oiltreader:

I’ve seen where a driver has accidentally clattered a stainless tank with his own stainless tank on the side and not made a mark on it.The front o/s and n/s of them were most vulnerable in my day.I thought Carntyne Transport only did whisky haulage,the Hazchem board displays 3Z 3082 which is diesel.

I see Carntyne tankers most days in Trafford Park, thought that they were loading at Cargill (formerly Cerestar).

Andrew Morrison:

oiltreader:
Thanks to servo88 a fine lot Gordon :smiley: and to Andrew Morrison :smiley: for the pics is your brother a driver Andrew :question: .
Oily

He was Oily but retired due to ill health few years ago he asked me to put some pics up & I know he likes anything Scottish being the baby brother I just do as I’m told lol
Cheers Andrew

Scotch for Bruv, courtesy of Richard Says.
Cheers
Oily

Scotch Richard 42533104181_a0c46191ec_rs k.jpg

Scotch Richard 40139976080_d4671762aa rs_k.jpg

Scotch Richard 28381408938_04e80637e8 rs _k.jpg

Scotch Richard 28226342258_5d5e1d2041rs _k.jpg

Scotch Richard 28226276918_6f4f623777 rs _k.jpg

Scotch Richard 27294975057_d41811914e rs _k.jpg

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: also the tanker dent explanations :smiley:
Oily

British Rail Best Kept Lorry Competition somewhere in Wales.

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar for the pic :smiley:
Oily

Leyland Comet.

Leyland Comet cr David Dixon cc by sa 2.0 3033723_c5cf877b dd.jpg

Leyland Comet 1961 Steve Glover cc by 2.0 14382125013_150a1f878d_sgo.jpg

servo88:

A fine looking machine.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Magirus Deutz.
Oily

Magirus Deutz Willem Ellens cc by nc nd 2.0 Speciaal Transportdag Amsterdam 2014 15337655748_42de884c22_we o.jpg

Prestons of Jordan

dave docwra:
Prestons of Jordan

Ha ha can you just nip to Jordan , erm don`t forget your bullet proof vest and a hard hat :wink:

H.T.Gardner Foden.

ramone:

dave docwra:
Prestons of Jordan

Ha ha can you just nip to Jordan , erm don`t forget your bullet proof vest and a hard hat :wink:

Fair old trip for a night trunk, Potto to Jordan?

Thanks to dave docwra and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Max bulk.

Dash cam images of a BRS Bristol HA artic I met today on the A458 Welshpool to Shrewsbury road today.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

BRS Bristol HA.JPG

BRS BRISTOL HA (2).JPG

BRS BRISTOL HA (1).JPG

I guess it must have been on its way to some meeting… Nice landscape in the background!