Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Spardo here are some more Atkinsons seeing as you liked the last one, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Spardo here are some more Atkinsons seeing as you liked the last one, Buzzer.

Yes, and I recognise the drag now :blush: :laughing:

An older model I think, judging by the single headlights apart from anything else.

The only 8 legger I ever drove was a week on a mouth organ Octopus, thought I was King of the Road coming off a 4 wheeler Albion, and the pride in my voice must have given it away immediately on the phone for my first backload. :smiley:

What I really wanted though was the Mk 1 Atki that the local driver of Freeman Volkers and Stewart had. He used to wash down in our yard (Shaw’s of Stapleford (Nottingham)) every Saturday morning. He let me sit in it to admire the door padding (still with film attached) and polished wood of the frame. Had to move on to Midland Storage before I got one for myself though. :smiley:

Thanks to servo88 and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: couple more Pollock 8 leggers.
Oily

Chris Webb:

pyewacket947v:
JAE 600X
Marlborough Downs.
One of J Hardings once high profile fleet.
Once a 4x2 seen here as a 6x2
Christian Salvesens Droitwich Spa depot in Worcs
25 July 1984
[/quote

Hardings used to deliver into Glass Glover Maltby twice a week with Cheddar Cheese for Littlewoods.Their fleet was always immaculate. :slight_smile:

22 May . As a footnote to the Hardings fleet, a rare sight now, i saw their Iveco Stralis parked in a layby on the A370 near Lympsham Somerset this very morning.

It was’nt meant to look like this. The original print had turned a 'orrible green colour and faded.
This is my allocated MB 1621, A208 YFS of Christian Salvesen, Based at Droitwich Spa, a RDC for J Sainsbury.
I was a tad early so parked on East Quay, Bridgwater By East Quay Medical centre.
All this area to the right as changed beyond recognition , the Medical Centre, the TA compound, the old bus depot, all swept away in the name of Asda.
September 6 1984

A few more 8 wheeler Atkis.
Oily

Bannerman Ronnie a Bannerman photo 8659014135_5df2bcc682_orcc .jpg

Atkinson Ronnie 6029258526_3ca58d4894_o.jrcc pg.jpg

Atkinson Ronnie 5820329398_1c2fef651c_o.rcc jpg.jpg

newmercman:
Cheers Kev, got the thumbs up for a snap of this beauty Friday last and a benefit burst as he hit the main road, nothing comes close to the sound of a V8 petrol or diesel.
Oily

By coincidence I was taken for a short ride in one of these last week. What a car…I want one :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]
Hi gingerfold, this one fit the bill ?, snapped the same day.
Oily

No doubt some bugger’s wanting less cars and more wagons [emoji38] for the majority the mix works :smiley:
[/quote]
My mate has just ordered one if those, the 5.0 with the GT performance package. They’re a stunning looking machine and they go like [zb] off a shovel.

I took a mate out in one last year when he came for a visit, we’ve bought 4 new cars from the local dealer, so they like us, I told the salesman I wanted to take my mate out for a spin and he threw me the keys and a $20 voucher for petrol and told me to leave a little bit of tread on the tyres and off we went! I have to say, flat out acceleration was scary, not the speed, that was exhilarating, but the twitchiness of the handling, it felt as if it wanted to kill us given the slightest opportunity and for me that made it even more desirable, they’re something you have to be on your game to get the best from and very rewarding when you do.

I’m doing a lot of work around the house at present, so I need my F150, but as soon as I’m done, there will be a Mustang GT in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
[/quote]
I’m jealous Mark. The Mustang I was in was the full Monty, 420bhp, lowered suspension, owned by one of my subbies. He’s had it from new in January, and already gone through one pair of rear tyres. He also has a two years old Rolls Royce which I’ve been in…know which I would have if given the choice…and it wouldn’t be the Roller :smiley: :smiley: Come to think of it I must be giving him rates that are too high…but he hasn’t made his money out of transport in the UK. :confused: :confused:

Definitely the past with stubby wing mirror arms, remember them anyone but what a motor in its day love it, Buzzer.

That Holt Lane 8 legger Atki with the tractors was quite unusual, wasn’t it? I didn’t realise, or had forgotten, that there were some Mk 1s with the Mark 2 style forward positioned mirrors.

I actually converted my own Mk1 at Midland Storage that way by inverting the door mirror and bracket and screwing it into holes I drilled into the wooden frame under the windscreen. Wasn’t totally successful as there was a fair amount of vibration, but I am amazed now that in those days some gaffers never turned a hair at such personal modifications.

I had previously coach painted the doors of my 4 wheeler Albion at Shaws by adding some delicate lines to it. Nobody said owt, I like to think they appreciated the improvements. :laughing:

Also, on that motor, transferred the twin horns from my old Standard Vanguard (scrapped for banger racing) to give it more ‘barp’ than ‘beep’ :unamused:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hi Oily, Great shots of those Atkis, I think Bannermans Of Tain are still trading, I hope they are of course, Thanks for posting these oldies, They keep my going in my aging years, Plus I drink Glenmorangie from Tain , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Buzzer:
Going back a tad, Buzzer.

What a great picture!! Thanks Buzzer.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Those Atkys, I got one new at Fred Chappells, the usual 150 gardner and 6 speed DB, tipper body, load of road salt out of Winsford…and I took it UP the 1:4 :slight_smile: Sutton Bank in Nth Yorkshire (very naughty, no HGV vehicles allowed), but the salt was for Sutton Bank, so, stop at the bottom, put it in #1, and let it do it’s stuff. And it did, revs. barely dropped 100 rpm. They were great motors

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hi Oily, Great shots of those Atkis, I think Bannermans Of Tain are still trading, I hope they are of course, Thanks for posting these oldies, They keep my going in my aging years, Plus I drink Glenmorangie from Tain , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Hi Larry, this Job lowloader on dashcam heading north on the A9 at Tain with the Glenmorangie still in the background.
Cheers with a clink of crystal :laughing:
Oily

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:
Oily

Aye Larry, Bannermans are still trading bannerman.ltd.uk the haulage livery way back was a fine example, sadly lost with today’s fleet.
Oily

Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley:
Show Scania with sheet and rope skill.
Oily

That looks like my old Overlander trailer behind the Scania. Scotlee bought it with my Mandator.

Oily a collection of fleet photo’s some older school some a little newer, cheers Buzzer.

33714516_10156228613802660_4053973524220477440_n.jpg

33703571_10156228623627660_6197581337897992192_n.jpg

33501895_10156228629567660_6297842646433923072_n.jpg

Nice shot there Buzzer ! was that taken when you were still I.C. ? Probably was as the Lads obviously saw “the light” and started running some decent motors i.e. SCANIA ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Take no notice of him, Buzzer- the cognoscenti appreciate the F88/89 ■■■■ show! Nurse, bring me my apple-based medication!!! :wink: :wink:

gingerfold:
That looks like my old Overlander trailer behind the Scania. Scotlee bought it with my Mandator.

This one.
Oily