Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m very well thanks, Larry, considering all the cr*p I’m having to endure with regard to this stupid Macclesfield Breakfast Club where every driver and former driver seems to want to invade East Cheshire to fill his belly on my state pension, then they demand travelling expenses from all parts of the world for the privilege of attending. If you ask me, most of them must have worked for the Red & Rust at some point- they certainly know how to claim dodgy money.
I’m sure you must enjoy far more gentlemanly behaviour in your part of the country?

Ey Rof send me your number a 3rd time I’ve lost it again ,one day your going to eat your words for breakfast as well as the breakfast that I may possibly buy you !

Dan, You have my number give me a bell when ROF’s got that gold card out!

There’s little chance of that, Pete- my father was Welsh! He spent most of his life teaching Scotsmen and Yorkshiremen how to be “careful” with money!

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
This one’s a bit unusual.
Oily

Hi Eddie, It is a specially built trailer to carry enormous coils of “Blue Plastic” water pipes. Regards, Ray.

Ta for that Ray, like Polypipe eh.
Cheers
Eddie

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m very well thanks, Larry, considering all the cr*p I’m having to endure with regard to this stupid Macclesfield Breakfast Club where every driver and former driver seems to want to invade East Cheshire to fill his belly on my state pension, then they demand travelling expenses from all parts of the world for the privilege of attending. If you ask me, most of them must have worked for the Red & Rust at some point- they certainly know how to claim dodgy money.
I’m sure you must enjoy far more gentlemanly behaviour in your part of the country?

Ey Rof send me your number a 3rd time I’ve lost it again ,one day your going to eat your words for breakfast as well as the breakfast that I may possibly buy you !

Dan, You have my number give me a bell when ROF’s got that gold card out!

There’s little chance of that, Pete- my father was Welsh! He spent most of his life teaching Scotsmen and Yorkshiremen how to be “careful” with money!

1960s our night out money was £1,12s, 6d, digs with an evening meal, bedtime snack and breakfast also couple of pints of an evening(1/3 a pt) and for the record I’ve been in company with guys who always seem to have half a pint left when it came to their turn and they wer’nae the Jocks, but to be fair some of them may have been under the pressure of a petticoat government domestically :laughing:
Oily

Thanks to DEANB, gingerfold and kevmac47 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Courtesy of John Wakely.

Bit late, but congratulations with reaching the 500 mark Oily! May it run for another 500 pages :wink:

Now, how about this one, does anyone recognise the reg.number on the Foden?

Cheers, Patrick

WH for Wolverhampton :smiley: . One thing the German army was very good at was utilising captured enemy vehicles as well as having a well organised recovery and repair of their own equipments, very good photo though wonder what they thought of the Foden! Franky.

Thornycroft at the Glasgow show in 1961.

Click on page twice to read.

1961 thornycroft glasgow show.PNG

1961 thornycroft.PNG

Frankydobo:
WH for Wolverhampton :smiley: . One thing the German army was very good at was utilising captured enemy vehicles as well as having a well organised recovery and repair of their own equipments, very good photo though wonder what they thought of the Foden! Franky.

If she’s got the 3 reverse gears better for the Italians I feel. :unamused:

Thanks to pv83 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Dingwall , Friday past.
Oily

In faraway Colombia.
Oily

spotted this beast while on a reset in the petro in los angeles

loading onions on california/mexico border

bleak day crossing into canada on ambassador bridge detroit/windsor

stevejones:
loading onions on california/mexico border

Hi Steve,
you were a long way from home here.
Nice wagon .
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nearly home tipping ice cream hampton new brunswick pei to los angeles and return 7100miles in trusty volvo

breakfast in new mexico lovely day

ye bit of a jaunt lol that last one was actually winsloe arizona got me days mixed up its nice to drive johnny just bit underpowered but great to live in

heavy hauler in canada