Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

I was thinking about the Leyland 350/Albion 6-speed combination in the Super Comet and Reiver, Dave. I drove an LAD Chieftain while the regular chap was sick. The little 4-pot was a decent puller with a fair turn of speed for it’s time but I used to lie in bed and still hear that engine thumping away like a Norton!

Retired Old ■■■■:
I was thinking about the Leyland 350/Albion 6-speed combination in the Super Comet and Reiver, Dave. I drove an LAD Chieftain while the regular chap was sick. The little 4-pot was a decent puller with a fair turn of speed for it’s time but I used to lie in bed and still hear that engine thumping away like a Norton!

Aye , I’d forgotten about the engine noise , they always sounded to be running a bit rough somehow . It was music to the ears of a barmy 23year old . Dave

What a cracking line up of motors.

AEC Lorry, probably from the 1920s. Location not known.

Thanks to DEANB, Ray Smyth and pyewacket947 v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

The caption with this photo by David Long states that the load is the barge Barmere on route from Liverpool Docks to St Helens at Windle on the A580.

Here’s one I found of Sayers tidy outfit in there day

18 July 1984
Christian Salvesen Depot
Droitwich Spa
OSF 919V. a Mercedes 1619 ,almost certainly ex Blairgowrie Depot
One of a number shipped to Droitwich to replace 1617 4 wheelers
and subsequently repainted in a unappealing black and orange livery
as the depot became a RDC for J Sainsbury.

A nice road ! :laughing:

And you thought the M25 was bad! :unamused:

Thanks to Andrew Morrison, pyewacket947v and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Livestock moooving.
Oily

Livestock Richard 33139970633_7f2065ab6e_rs k.jpg

Livestock cr Transport Pixels cc by 2.0 34969431605_8448cb63cd_ TP k.jpg

In Europe, a bit different thanks to Peter Schöler.
Oily

Livestock PS 28874308394_962302f0f0_o.jpg

oiltreader:
In Europe, a bit different thanks to Peter Schöler.
Oily

Great pictures Oilly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not quite the norm at Dingwall Mart.
Oily

Livestock Ronnie 13736225274_c2dd573426_rcc k.jpg

Retired Old ■■■■:

rastone:
Some More

Tony

Like the “Greengrass” Morris. One of those was my first lorry at 19 years old- me, not the Morris! Collected milk in churns from around North Herefordshire, returning them to the dairy in Hereford. The colour scheme was a bit lairy, cream with purple wings, ugh!!!

Put this on before I think but perhaps it might be of interest

Tont

rastone:
Some More

Tony

Thought you might like this r

rastone:

Retired Old ■■■■:

rastone:
Some More

Tony

Like the “Greengrass” Morris. One of those was my first lorry at 19 years old- me, not the Morris! Collected milk in churns from around North Herefordshire, returning them to the dairy in Hereford. The colour scheme was a bit lairy, cream with purple wings, ugh!!!

Tont

Tony

Ford Transcontinental with a tri axle tipper.
Seen at Aust services on the M4
19 July 1984

rastone:

rastone:
Some More

Tony

Thought you might like this r

rastone:

Retired Old ■■■■:

rastone:
Some More

Tony

Tont

Tony

Looks in a ■■■■ sight better condition than the one I used to drive!

6E65BFE5-BB17-4680-B62C-67E64C27A6E4.jpeg

!B9bKC)gCWk~$(KGrHqYOKjwEzlJ-MbOJBM5u7HmqWw~~_12.jpg

Maggie advert.