Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

backsplice:
Nice to see "HIGHLAND HAULAGE"still around after all these years …same colours too !!they had Albion Reivers when I remember them !!

Two for you backsplice, the photos entrusted to the late Ronnie Cameron by the Fraser family.
Oily

Two more.
Oily

Ronnie 4755222446_a1151e4744 wdf rcc o.jpg

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

Eddie, Is Highland Haulage the same company that linked with Connals Transport of Maryhill, Glasgow,
to become Connal Highland in later years, and do you have any Connals pictures. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

Eddie, Is Highland Haulage the same company that linked with Connals Transport of Maryhill, Glasgow,
to become Connal Highland in later years, and do you have any Connals pictures. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray, I very much doubt if there was any Connals connection with HH, as for Connals Highland photos I’ll have a look through Ronnie’s collection.
Cheers
Eddie

20 November 1980 ,Los Angeles, Cal ,US
R&K Truckings workhorse Mack.
No glamour here ,just bread and butter haulage.

201180.jpg

Thanks to pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley:
Oily

Taking sponsorship to extremes :laughing:
Oily

Unusual cc by nc sa 2.0 32581355944_b96d7908b4 mjg_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

Great photos Oily.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

I’m sure Highland Haulage were a part of TDG

gazsa401:

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

Hello Gazsa, Yes , Connals and Connal Highland were TDG partners. Have you any pictures of them
to put on the Connals thread that I started a little while back ? Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

gazsa401:

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Two more.
Oily

Hello Gazsa, Yes , Connals and Connal Highland were TDG partners. Have you any pictures of them
to put on the Connals thread that I started a little while back ? Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Unfortunately Ray I don’t have any pictures
There’s a Scottish Hauliers site on Flicker which has hundreds of pictures
That may be worth a try
Cheers Gary

TDG Holdings in 1966 which does include Connals and Highland Haulage
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … m6-decentr
Oily

My new lorry Punchydan

Ade

Thanks to lurpak for the pic :smiley:
Oily

This is a proper load.

The opposition, thanks to Richard Says.
Oily

Caravans Richard 38739996244_d32fbc1b2c rs _k.jpg

Caravans Richard 38619727044_58ba5110c5_rs k.jpg

Caravans Richard 38382148362_08a353ef37 rs _k.jpg

Caravans Richard 26275788428_56df2dbf0f_rs k.jpg

jfgh12.jpg
UVP 40H Scania 110, circa 1971
Apologies if any one as spotted these pics before, they were posted on the Peak District thread, they could just as equally qualified for the Birmingham and Black Country Companies thread.
James F G Hare operated out of Sturge Chemicals, Lifford ,Kings Norton running Thorneycroft Trustys, then switching to Guy invincibles when Thorneycroft where terminated. A vehicle which Jim had a high regard for, two AEC Mammoth Majors were added later.
When the time came to replace the Guys Jim had problems securing a delivery date from British makers so the next new vehicle was this Scania, complete with a York/Welford tandem tipping trailer.
Neither of us had a Class 1 license so Jim went off to the West Midlands Training Group and duly obtained his Class 1.
Jim painted UVP himself , in the carpark at Sturge’s. Running at 32t with a 20t payload she returned the same fuel consumption as the AECs running at 24t with a 15t payload…
A year or so later he bought another one.!!

jfgh13.jpg

An Oily special, what make is that chap ■■ :unamused:

bloody hell that’s ugly. it look’s like a verticaly stretched f88.

DEANB:
An Oily special, what make is that chap ■■ :unamused:

Hi Dean, cheers for the pic, 1955 Ford Thunderbirds on a 1950 Convoy in house abortion, Ford upper cab and running gear.
I have both ■■■■ Copello flickr and The Old Motor Company already stashed among by bookmarks , a bit of cross referencing and bingo :slight_smile:
Oily

GUY Big J with big load, Buzzer.

DYH 411J, West Midlands Training Group, Dodge K series.
James Hare and one year later myself gained our Class 1 licenses in this vehicle.
Taken on the 12 May 1972 in the Bromsgrove area.

120572 (2).jpg