Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

tyneside:
Before the motorway was put through the A1 went to the west side of Durham.
There were three prominent landmarks in the area. Travelling north there was the The ■■■■ o’ the North pub ( now houses and flats) then the traffic lights at Nevilles Cross and then this pub, which as long as I remember was called the Pot & Glass but apparently when new was the Neville Dene. It is now a Sainsbury Local.
Maybe some of the slighter older ones on here can remember it !!
Tyneside

Strange how times change, they now call the ■■■■ of the North roundabout as Durham South Road Roundabout. We gradually loose our heritage

Fine looking coach

Thanks to stevejones, Pennineman, Buzzer and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also Froggy55 and Sir+ for the Nazar info :smiley:
A smaller 1967 1500.
Oily

Staying Spanish, Pegaso thanks to Dave Fawcett.
Oily

Pegaso again, any ideas the make of car :bulb: .
Oily

tyneside:
Fine looking coach

Durham registered about 1950 (We had a LUP 1950 Bedford OB Pantechnicon) Do you know who’s it was?

oiltreader:
Oily

Sticking my neck out here,but I’d go for…Pegaso■■? :slight_smile:

Hi Tyneside, The coach is a Leyland Tiger PS 1/1 chassis n0 496914 new in August 1950 with bodywork by Gurney Nutting (a Duple lookalike) New to Express Omnibus Co,Gilesgate Moor. Fleet No 38.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi Buzzer, the gentleman with the cap on is Stan Robson the main man, Border Century was driven by the father of a workmate of mine when I was a teenage apprentice. The location is Durranhill main depot, Carlisle.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Sir +:

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Thanks to adr for the pics :smiley:

1966 Nazar Super 7, never heard of this make before.
Oily

Perkins-powered, with an Asian-looking cab. I’ll try to know more.

Just found the following info : Manufactured by Factoria Napoles SA, Zaragoza from1957 till 1967 when the factory was
taken over by Barreiros.Ranging from 1.5 to 9t payload the lighter models were powered by Spanish built Perkins engines
whereas the heavier models were powered by Henschel engines.

Interesting!

Carl Williams:

tyneside:
Fine looking coach

Durham registered about 1950 (We had a LUP 1950 Bedford OB Pantechnicon) Do you know who’s it was?

Hi Carl
Leyland 600 beat me to it ! Express Omnibus Co. Durham. Photo taken November 1950.

Tyneside

Anyone know what the make is ■■? This motor has character !

oiltreader:
Oily

The car on the transporter is a Pegaso Z 102,not a very revealing picture but could be a Spyder.

David

DEANB:
Anyone know what the make is ■■? This motor has character !

Hi Dean the star on the cab(second pic) might be a pointer to Henschel mechanics, the number plate I would say is French, see pic. The coachwork looks typically French for the period.
Oily

Thanks to DEANB for the pic :smiley: and Sir+ and 5thwheel for the Pegaso car info :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Couple more Pegaso trucks

[

[/quote]
Nice one Dean :smiley: Bedford J type :question: with a Daf Daffodil, Citroen "CV and a Simca 1500L, moved a few Simcas from Soton Docks in the 60s, well appointed interiors, the L models had wood facias and door cappings with leather upholstery.
The Daf cars of that era had variomatic belt drive, sometimes nicknamed the “elastic band” motors.
Oily
[/quote]
No, not a Bedford but a Citroen.

ERF belonging to DOW-MAC. Chris

Another bus, Sunderland Corporation I think. Photo is right way the bus is on it’s side !!
Tyneside

Dipster:
[

Nice one Dean :smiley: Bedford J type :question: with a Daf Daffodil, Citroen "CV and a Simca 1500L, moved a few Simcas from Soton Docks in the 60s, well appointed interiors, the L models had wood facias and door cappings with leather upholstery.
The Daf cars of that era had variomatic belt drive, sometimes nicknamed the “elastic band” motors.
Oily
[/quote]
No, not a Bedford but a Citroen.
[/quote]
Thanks Dipster, had a scout and is it a 23RU model like this, with permission from Dave Fawcett.
Oily

This Ford van was Owned by Baxters Road Services Newcastle upon Tyne this photo was taken late 1959, It was used for small deliveries & also by the fitters, The good old days Eh, Regards Larry.