Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

James.908:

albion1938:

tyneside:
Petrol prices from 1975

Tyneside

A big increase in prices from 1971 – here’s one of mine.
Bernard

Still a petrol garage on that site…Shell I think ?..price has gone up a tad …

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That’s right, I was born just over the road and lived in Fulham until moving to the sticks 37 years ago, after Rawlings Tudor Garage and before it was Shell it was Heron, we’re still using cutlery I got from there with Heron stamps, who remembers those? :slight_smile:
Bernard

albion1938:

James.908:

albion1938:

tyneside:
Petrol prices from 1975

Tyneside

A big increase in prices from 1971 – here’s one of mine.
Bernard

Still a petrol garage on that site…Shell I think ?..price has gone up a tad …

That’s right, I was born just over the road and lived in Fulham until moving to the sticks 37 years ago, after Rawlings Tudor Garage and before it was Shell it was Heron, we’re still using cutlery I got from there with Heron stamps, who remembers those? :slight_smile:
Bernard

I was born and bred in Fulham. (Hammersmith end)…most of the small petrol stations have gone now…I’m suprised that one has lasted that long…patch of land in Fulham has got to be worth a fortune.

Thanks to Buzzer, tyneside and albion1938 for the nostalgia pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A1(M) at Scotch Corner

Another oldie today, Buzzer

s-l500.jpg

aba416.jpgAn ex RAF K ? Judkins had dozens of them post war ,looks like this one had a Perkins conversion. --toshboy

jmc jnr:

grumpy old man:

DEANB:
One for Oily ! :smiley:

Stuff the transporter, I’ll take one of the cars, I ran one for many years and always thought it to be a ■■■■ fine car. :smiley:

GOM is right. I had a SAAB 95 Estate on a G plate. V4 Ford engine, column change and free wheel. 7seats too - miss it. Jim.

Yes, mine was a 95, it was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned . If the opportunity came along I’ have another today :smiley:

Saab 9000 conversion.
Oily

Stockyard in the summer

Stockyard (12).JPG

Stockyard (4).JPG
Ade

Heanor contractor !

DEANB:
Heanor contractor !

Sorry Dean,that’s Heanors own build not a Scammell.

David

Here is todays selection, Cheers Buzzer.

oiltreader:
Saab 9000 conversion.
Oily

I raise you Saab 95 sleeper cab :smiley:

image.jpegbuzzer or wrightys fortay,ooh er the wurzels, :laughing:

Seasons Greetings to all the regular viewers.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Punchy Dan:
0buzzer or wrightys fortay,ooh er the wurzels, :laughing:

Hey up Punchy better get them mirrors folded in, expensive job when they go twang on a branch…!

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

Punchy Dan:
0buzzer or wrightys fortay,ooh er the wurzels, :laughing:

Hey up Punchy better get them mirrors folded in, expensive job when they go twang on a branch…!

Cheers Wrighty.

Ye true , I was more bothered about getting them beacons down to 15 ft :laughing:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Heanor contractor !

David

Aye, you’re losing the plot Dean… again… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pennineman:

oiltreader:
Saab 9000 conversion.
Oily

I raise you Saab 95 sleeper cab :smiley:

Is this where the Scanny development department got there idea’s…? Right, I’ll get me coat…

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Heanor contractor !

Sorry Dean,that’s Heanors own build not a Scammell. David

Hello David, yes i know about the F88 cab etc they did about 3 of them i think. Do you know what engines
were fitted out of intrest ■■

pv83:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Heanor contractor !

David

Aye, you’re losing the plot Dean… again… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I lost the plot years ago chap ! :wink: