Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A couple more from my wanders.
Oily

Hi Oily, Yes this ex Jersey Motor Transport Albion Victor with Reading of Portsmouth bodywork was owned by neighbouring coach operator Spencer Graham of Aspatria, however I think he sold it to a guy who was involved with Carr’s Coaches at Silloth, the blue coach alongside is one of theirs. Coincidently I was chatting to a fried about half an hour ago when this man’s name and Spencer,s cropped up in conversation but just who owns what at the present time I am not sure. Did you take this photo down on Silloth Dock ? The FAS registration was applied when the vehicle arrived from Jersey origininally it had a J prefix registration.
Cheers,
Leyland 600

Just an observation as a couple of weeks back I was in Newark market buying some suckler cows and calves but there must have been 10 or 12 polish and other nationality trucks parked up for the week end. As I have been in transport most of my life it fair shocked me, as I don’t go out on the roads all that much nowadays as to just how many foreign vehicles there are over her on a regular basis and they are not old beat up things either, all modern with nice trailers as well. When I think back to when the Spanish first came over here with the old tin shed Pegaso’s just how far these countries have come. We still go abroad but all the drivers will tell you that they don’t see many Brits doing the job today. Buzzer.

agree there just look out for any romonian trucks theese days all top spec no roman/man 262bhp colum change with 2 drivers and hand painted blue . home recently our eurowork totally taken away by theese once skint nations. all tks to blair/and cameron. i seen it coming in 1992 no customs made it easier for us but where once the continental driver/company was looked upto now its a rat race for any uk firm still going over the water, so many gd old well known firms gone or gave up euro work due to unfair playing field .u geussed it my vote out its never to late

Our latest two powder tanker additions to the fleet. Tipping at Fine Lady Bakery Manchester with Heygates flour.

Hi adr, you have captured a rare beast at Rush green Motors, it is an Atkinson Alpha chassis with Gardner 6HLW engine and a Kirkstall hypoid rear axle, very rare in an early 1950s bus or coach. The bodywork is by Weymann’s of Addlestone and was one of a number supplied new to North Western Road Car Co. These bodies had a cut away rear entrance not unlike a conventional open platform double decker at the time. Here are some scans from Atkinson brochures I have had in my collection since the mid 1950s.
Cheers. Leyland 600.

Alpha 2.jpg

stevejones:
agree there just look out for any romonian trucks theese days all top spec no roman/man 262bhp colum change with 2 drivers and hand painted blue . home recently our eurowork totally taken away by theese once skint nations. all tks to blair/and cameron. i seen it coming in 1992 no customs made it easier for us but where once the continental driver/company was looked upto now its a rat race for any uk firm still going over the water, so many gd old well known firms gone or gave up euro work due to unfair playing field .u geussed it my vote out its never to late

My lad was telling me they had a Romanian in their place (a breakdown) with a newish modern Volvo, driver couldn’t speak a word of English…no cash…just a credit card with a daily allowance on it. The card wouldn’t cover the repair bill, phoning the company in Romania was just a waste of a call, so the Volvo is sat there, mechanics and Volvo Truck and Bus are feeding the driver, and it’s just stalemate.

sounds about right the driver prob end up suffering the most gd pic robert a red and white one lol

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, Yes this ex Jersey Motor Transport Albion Victor with Reading of Portsmouth bodywork was owned by neighbouring coach operator Spencer Graham of Aspatria, however I think he sold it to a guy who was involved with Carr’s Coaches at Silloth, the blue coach alongside is one of theirs. Coincidently I was chatting to a fried about half an hour ago when this man’s name and Spencer,s cropped up in conversation but just who owns what at the present time I am not sure. Did you take this photo down on Silloth Dock ? The FAS registration was applied when the vehicle arrived from Jersey origininally it had a J prefix registration.
Cheers,
Leyland 600

Thanks for the info Leyland600, interesting, It is servo’s photo taken at Silloth, perhaps he may fill us in with the location.

This will be recognisable.
Oily

Thanks to Buzzer, gingerfold, Leyland600 and robert1952 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gretna Services.
Oily

Transport (1207).JPG

CIMG5692.JPG

oiltreader:

Leyland600:
Cheers,
Leyland 600

Thanks for the info Leyland600, interesting, It is servo’s photo taken at Silloth, perhaps he may fill us in with the location.

This will be recognisable.
Oily

Hi Leyland 600 the bus was in the garage next to Lightfoot,s yard , on the right just going into Silloth,. The lad said he had just bought it a week ago from someone at Workington or Cockermouth

hi oilreader a few from the coast and castle run last month, bumper

RAYMOND&FRIENDS  RALLY (57).JPG

RAYMOND&FRIENDS  RALLY (76).JPG

Thank for the pics to servo88 and bumper(nice bit o’ scenery) :smiley: :smiley:

These thanks to fellow flickrite eastleighbusman.
Oily

eastleighbusman 26530359313_9fb95dbf1e_k.jpg

eastleighbusman 26528669014_eed4f3ac43_k.jpg

Hi Servo, Thanks for the info I think I may know who now owns the bus, it has had a bit of an uneasy ownership this past four or five years in ■■■■■■■■ I will try and find out more anon. Great pics on Coast and Castles rally, was this organised by Raymond Hare ?
Cheers Leyland 600

At Primebake Barton upon Humber

IMG_2631.PNG

Loading at Heygate’s Mill, Tring

Was out and about this week and saw this. Wonder what it is and how long its been there.

Danne

Thanks to gingerfold and Dirty Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: a puzzler that one Dan :bulb:

A few more from ■■■■■■■■ they even have UFOs there :question: :laughing: and don’t say that isn’t transport, it’s pigeon post :blush:
Oily